GDT: at Seahawks - 09/27 @4:25pm - Team 40 Burger

Texas_OutLaw7

1 minute ago, TheGame316 said:

Absolutely

It's my #1 complaint about Dak. He doesn't "Go For It" enough. He doesn't throw to the WR's unless they are wide open. It's too risk adverse given the amount of talent they have

You're missing the point. Russ threw some crappy low passes today....but look at the secondary he was passing against as well. Way to easy for him. Even tho we had 3 sacks....still way to much time. Defense is our problem...not Dak.

Just now, Tony7188 said:

If we can’t find a trade partner, I wouldn’t be upset at all if he was cut. 

Sucks they can’t get rid of the 20 million dollar bum (aka D-Law)

Jerry is too loyal. We need to have Smith's replacement on the roster although I"m sure there's going to be a 37 year old ready for retirement tackle we can sign in the off season and convince ourselves we have the second coming of Anthony Munoz. Take a look at team needs.  Where do you start?  LT for sure.  Guard is an issue but not highest priority.  Williams cannot anchor.  The entire middle of the defense needs playmakers - DT, MLB, and believe it or not Safety.  Could use a playmaking TE too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HDsportsfan said:

Did you see how far our safeties were off the receiver/ Russ threw the ball and it hung up there for like an hour. Our O-line sucks monkey nuts as well. Again, and I'll stand by it until proven otherwise....Dak is like number 29 on the list of issues this team has. I think you're blinded by your dislike for Dak you're not seeing the other more glaring problems. You can't give Russ credit for sling it against our crappy secondary nd give Dak none for throwing over 400 yards again...that were NOT garbage time yards.

My point is, in that situation Dak would be dialed into playing it safe and Russ's mentality is to go for it, beat up on a weakness and let his big time WR make a play

It's what got them the win today. They play safe and kick a FG and it's entirely possible/likely that Dallas gets downfield to kick their own GW FG

2 minutes ago, TheGame316 said:

There is just such a vast difference between Russ and Dak that the stats don't tell

Russ just needs to be conservatize and kick a game winning FG, and he's out there throwing downfield and getting TD's

Dak needs to be aggressive and needs a TD and he's out there Dinking and Dunking and not using our 3 playmaking WR's 

In dak’s defense Wilson also had way more time. Granted Wilson May have been sacked more. But those were coverage sacks. Dak was getting pressured way too much when Seattle was only bringing 3-4. 

All that being said we turned the ball over Multiple times. Committed huge number of penalties. And still barely lost to an undefeated team. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

You're missing the point. Russ threw some crappy low passes today....but look at the secondary he was passing against as well. Way to easy for him. Even tho we had 3 sacks....still way to much time. Defense is our problem...not Dak.

When people say, our team is the issue and not the QB, do they understand it’s easier to rebuild a team without a $40m QB?(or $35m or whatever the tag is)

I mean, what sucks about out D? Would it be our secondary? Our CBs? Hmmmmm Why couldn’t we afford Byron Jones? Daks impending salary has zero to do with the quality of our DBs right now? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

When people say, our team is the issue and not the QB, do they understand it’s easier to rebuild a team without a $40m QB?(or $35m or whatever the tag is)

I mean, what sucks about out D? Would it be our secondary? Our CBs? Hmmmmm Why couldn’t we afford Byron Jones? Daks impending salary has zero to do with the quality of our DBs right now? 

You and I have danced around this topic when I've talked about how impressive Josh Allen of the Bills looks.  I hear what you're arguing.  If we crap the bed this year and are in a position to land a marquee QB it will be a hell of a debate.  I love Dak but I'm looking at all or our needs and saying can we afford $40 million or more per year for him on a long term deal?  His tag deal next year will be close to $38 million.   On the other hand can we afford not to resign him and still be competitive?  To your point signing Dak to a lucrative deal will mean an area of the team in dire need probably gets neglected.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

62 Million in QB/LT just cost the Texans a #1 WR

now they're 0-3

I still love the CD Lamb pick, but that defense needs some real players, not counting on Retread Dontari Poe, Gerald McCoys and HaHa's then just going with the regular trash when they don't work out

Aldon was a massive find, but he's really just making up for Lawrences dissapointment

Edited by TheGame316

9 minutes ago, Northland said:

You and I have danced around this topic when I've talked about how impressive Josh Allen of the Bills looks.  I hear what you're arguing.  If we crap the bed this year and are in a position to land a marquee QB it will be a hell of a debate.  I love Dak but I'm looking at all or our needs and saying can we afford $40 million or more per year for him on a long term deal?  His tag deal next year will be close to $38 million.   On the other hand can we afford not to resign him and still be competitive?  To your point signing Dak to a lucrative deal will mean an area of the team in dire need probably gets neglected.

We're about to have 38 Million in QB, 15 in RB, 20 in WR1, Gallup on deck for an extension with Martin and Lael making decent money on the line and Tryon making 10 but seemingly always injured

The 20 Million spend on DLAW isn't helping. Aldon keeps this up and he'll be wanting some money. That's not a lot of coin left to flesh out the rest of the roster

Edited by TheGame316
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

He threw five TD's vs the Patriots last week.  It's not about the defense he plays against, it's about taking chances and having enough faith in your WR's to make plays.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, showtime said:

He threw five TD's vs the Patriots last week.  It's not about the defense he plays against, it's about taking chances and having enough faith in your WR's to make plays.

THIS x 1,000,000

Watching Rodgers drop dimes into the hands of nobody receivers in stride makes me want a legit $35-$40 Million QB

wonder what he'd be capable of with Amari, Gallup and Lamb?

EDIT: Off his back foot

Edited by TheGame316

Just now, showtime said:

I understand you're point you're trying to make. I don't know enough about NE's seconday. But ours suck monkey nuts. You're WR were wide open several times. We made it easier. Now don't get me wrong, respect Wilson and is an excellent  QB. Who was it Metcalf...if he didn't have a brain crapm he would have had 6 TD's, again, dude was literally 10 yards behind our safeties. 

Just now, TheGame316 said:

THIS x 1,000,000

Watching Rodgers drop dimes into the hands of nobody receivers in stride makes me want a legit $35-$40 Million QB

wonder what he'd be capable of with Amari, Gallup and Lamb?

Yeah, with WR's like the Cowboys have those guys are playmakers.  Let Lamb make a play and fight for the ball in 1v1 coverage like Wilson does with Metcalf, or how Rodgers does with Adams.

• Like 1