GDT: at Seahawks - 09/27 @4:25pm - Team 40 Burger

Texas_OutLaw7

Ughhhhhh, okay, here I go.

How many more years are we going to:

1. Keep guys on the team with multiyear contracts and they can't stay on the field?

2. Put ourselves into a 2nd and short on an important drive only to draw a penalty and go backwards?

3. Not roll our mobile QB out when the defense is killing him in the pocket?

4. Get called for a dozen drive saving penalties against us just when we got an opposing team off the field?

5. Suck at special teams?

6. Call plays that start 15 yards behind the LOS?

7. Let 1 player dominate our defense for an entire game?

8. Wait to get a lead blocker for our running game?

Wait a while, I will think of more.

Edited by Rtnldave
  • Like 2

I tried to tell you guys this team is an average football team. Terrible defense good offense and still questionable coaching. For all the great numbers Dak put up still made critical mistakes and was lucky on the Gallup completion. That should have been intercepted. Even when the oline does get healthy there is still way to many holes on defense for this team to be considered good. 

• Like 1

For this defense to stand a chance we need to be a ball control offense that uses our big play WR's when we need them and/or to extend drives

Our defense cannot withstand shootouts. We are not deep enough and do not have a Dline rotation that can sustain pressure when we constantly lose the time of possession battle. 

1 hour ago, showtime said:

Well, the Patriots had the #1 pass defense last season and they have the defensive player of the year in their secondary.  In that game, one of Wilson's five TD's was throwing a bomb to Metcalf vs the reigning defensive player of the year Stephon Gilmore, who was the best CB in all of football.  Metcalf fight for that ball and won, but Wilson gave him an opportunity.  Prescott doesn't even think about attempting that pass.

Prescott threw that pass today.

And Cooper was punched in the head and had his helmet ripped off with no flag (shocker).

• Like 1

I’m only half joking when I say this... We need to treat every week like it will take 50 points to win.  I would immediately fire KM and hire Chip Kelly to be our OC.  I would run 2 minute offense every possession.  Maybe our defense will get better as people get healthy... idk.  But For now, I would implement a defensive strategy of committing defensive holding every pass play against every eligible receiver until we get to our own 10 yard line.  I’m not talking about a little hold like we saw all day today.  I’m saying tackle every eligible receiver every pass play so that the defensive line will be able to hit the QB every play.  Ideally between the 25 yard line to our 10, we should be to hit the opposing QB 12-13 times.  Hopefully if we hit the QBs enough he’ll be too sore to complete passes inside the 10 yard line.  

I’d have liked to see Dak look downfield more late. But he threw for like 450 yards and was under a ton of pressure from 3-4 guys. Oline had brand new rookie center, our best lineman kicked out to tackle And undrafted rookie protecting his blind side. So let’s not put loss on him. 

What lost us the game in no real particular order. 
1) previously mentioned o line. 
2) secondary- from blown coverages to penalties. This unit was just sad. 
3) inability to get home and turn those qb pressures into more sacks. Wilson had way too much time to throw. Last drive inparticular. As rush took forever to get there as guys looked fatigued ( Gregory hopefully helps us out here). 
4) some shoty reffing. This was least of the problems. And hard to say really cost the cowboys the game. but team got penalized for some ticky tack things and lack of calls for fairly obviously  things like Gallup being pushed out of bounds before ball arrived were infuriating. 

The problem started with Tony screwing up the KR. 

Which led us to run a stretch play for some reason, which of course was a safety. 

Our secondary got beat. It happens. We are down to a rookie CB and our 4th stringer starting against a deadly WR duo and a top 3 Qb. 

But we also missed an XP.

We also dumped it off to Zeke instead of Tony all game. 

Our WR had a game. But again, their Secondary sucks. So...they SHOULD have a game. Remind me then why we dumped so hard to Zeke so often?

Diggs is all heart. He'd going to be a stud. I see his hustle and then I see Jaylon shuffle and I cringe. I miss Lee. 

Our defense lacks players. Fine. Injuries. But they, aside from Diggs, lack effort. And effort requires zero talent. 

15 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Remind me then why we dumped so hard to Zeke so often?

You say “we” like the play call was to check down. The screens are 100% bad calls especially after they snuffed 1 or 2. Much less 4 and 5.

The other 3 or 4 check downs weren’t play design. 

Zeke had a problem with drops though, and didn’t do much with his catches. Whether it’s the right decision to check down or not, Zeke had to make a play 

11 hours ago, TheGame316 said:

For this defense to stand a chance we need to be a ball control offense that uses our big play WR's when we need them and/or to extend drives

Our defense cannot withstand shootouts. We are not deep enough and do not have a Dline rotation that can sustain pressure when we constantly lose the time of possession battle. 

I agree; HOWEVER, I think what is going on is they have ZERO confidence with the OLINE. Hence all the quick passes and fast huddle. They had to move MARTIN to RT and bench STEELE. I didn't notice it till later on. I felt the Defense front 4 had QB pressure and did descent against the RUN this game; however, the Safeties blew it. Is it cause NOLAN scheme too complex? Or we have TRASH Safeties and the BOYS front office are too stupid to go for either Earl Thomas or Eric Reid? LOL!