Week 3: WFT (1-1) @ Cleveland Browns (1-1) - 9/27 FOX 1 pm kickoff

MikeT14

Just now, Slappy Mc said:

We would have had leniency for the first year. We gave Allen WAYYYYY too many passes. I don't expect us to do big things this year, but getting better each week is a must.

Understandable but their needs to be a real base to get better. We’re a team filled with practice squad guys. 

Just now, MKnight82 said:

Does it matter who’s the target if he can’t throw a screen pass accurately?  I can’t think of a single successful NFL QB that came into the league with accuracy issues.

It matters for the next guy, certainly. We’re so devoid of talent that drafting a QB next year shouldn’t even be in the plans unless you can get Fields or Lawrence. We don’t have TEs, RBs, an OL and we have exactly 1.5 good receivers. Sims is sorta okay. Expecting a QB to succeed in this environment with the weird off-season tacked on is kinda crazy but yes, he should be able to complete a screen pass. That’s absolutely on him. 

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Does it matter who’s the target if he can’t throw a screen pass accurately?  I can’t think of a single successful NFL QB that came into the league with accuracy issues.

Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson seem to be doing pretty well. Accuracy issues can be fixed with a full offseason to work with your QB coach. 

Just now, lavar703 said:

It matters for the next guy, certainly. We’re so devoid of talent that drafting a QB next year shouldn’t even be in the plans unless you can get Fields or Lawrence. We don’t have TEs, RBs, an OL and we have exactly 1.5 good receivers. Sims is sorta okay. Expecting a QB to succeed in this environment with the weird off-season tacked on is kinda crazy but yes, he should be able to complete a screen pass. That’s absolutely on him. 

It would be different if guys were dropping passes left and right.  A terrible INT followed up by an inaccurate screen pass is seriously concerning.

Just now, MKnight82 said:

It would be different if guys were dropping passes left and right.  A terrible INT followed up by an inaccurate screen pass is seriously concerning.

I absolutely agree with you. I’ve said he hasn’t played well at all this game. If he can’t do it, he can’t do it but I don’t want to ruin the next guy to so Rivera can “evaluate the roster”. His decisions greatly impacted what you see on the field right now. Christian and Martin are not starters. Logan Thomas is not a starter. Cutting your best RB to give a 5th year undrafted free agent Wide receiver convert a shot at starting was flat out stupid. He gets a pass because it’s year one but if Rivera does this again next off-season his tenure will be a short one.