Falcons Post Game Thread

dll2000

2 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I'd say 1/3 of the snaps ain't half bad for the #3 TE.  Jimmy is a better receiver, Harris is a better blocker.  Do you like putting worse players on the field?  Kmet will probably see his opportunities increase as the year goes on and injuries become a factor.  But keep in mind, rookie TEs just usually arent good.

I'd expect a 2nd round pick to beat out a player of Demetrius Harris' caliber. Hopefully we'll see it happen as the season progresses.

40 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I'd like to see him try his hand and sub out Holtz. Or move Harris over and plug Kmet in. Either way you upgrade one way or the other if Holtz can't do better. Or even as an occasional slot guy since Miller has been disappointing. At least he should be a plus run blocker compared to the WR group. 

To be fair I don't remember how Holtz played this week. If he did well then leave him alone. But he sucked the first two weeks. 

Holtz is a TE in name only. He plays fullback.  I dont want Kmet playing FB under any circumstances.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I think Nagy was legitimately upset he had to bench Mitch.  I believe, reading between lines of statements and just knowing coaches and human nature,  his assistants were demanding Foles at halftime (Nagy said ‘they’ discussed it).   I think it was easier objective decision for them because they haven’t been with Mitch for 3 years. 

If this is true then I think it leads maybe slightly that Nagy has full control of players and Pace wasn't forcing anything on him. Whether it is actually true or not we'll probably never know.

34 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Holtz is a TE in name only. He plays fullback.  I dont want Kmet playing FB under any circumstances.  

In 2020 Holtz is a football player in name only.  Bears are playing 10 on 11 whenever he is on the field.  

Not sure what happened to him, you can’t be both untalented and give lackluster effort.   He better start acting like Rudy and giving 150%. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I'd say 1/3 of the snaps ain't half bad for the #3 TE.  Jimmy is a better receiver, Harris is a better blocker.  Do you like putting worse players on the field?  Kmet will probably see his opportunities increase as the year goes on and injuries become a factor.  But keep in mind, rookie TEs just usually arent good.

That’s bottom line.  Kmet is not better in either role at moment.  He is in development.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

If this is true then I think it leads maybe slightly that Nagy has full control of players and Pace wasn't forcing anything on him. Whether it is actually true or not we'll probably never know.

I don’t think Pace said MT had to be starter this year.  He may have said it had to be a competition.  If Foles had balled out in camp I think it’s his job.  

But way camp and offseason was, odds were against Foles.  Plus, camp is don’t touch QB and thud tackling.  Plus mostly vanilla D.   It’s much different than live bullets and game planned defenses.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

And the first two weeks he absolutely sucked. I'm fine with keeping Harris as the #2 TE and when we go big kicking him to FB and bringing Kmet in. IDC what they call anyone, get the better players on the field. If Kmet isn't one of those guys keep him off the field, but he would advance more quickly with reps. 

44 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

You expect a 2nd round pick to be a better blocker than arguably the best blocking TE in the league?  As a rookie?

I've never heard anyone claim he is the best or seriously put him in that argument, it seems to be an exaggeration. Boyle and Kittle I couldn't argue with and Gronk was a dominant blocker (IDK this year, haven't watched him honestly). Howard is a damn good blocker too. Mercedes Lewis was a good blocker from the spot last year too if age hasn't finally cut into his physicality. Is he better than Kelce, Higbee and Hunter Henry? Maybe, and that would be a major plus too. But I just don't see how he is in that top range yet. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Cool, so has Clowney, would you be concerned if a rookie LB couldnt beat him out?

I think some of you didnt have realistic expectations of a rookie TE, regardless of how high you pick them.

I think it’s a bit disingenuous to compare Clowney with Harris. Clowney was mainly let go due to salary issues. Harris is a veteran who’s had a minimal role.

Regardless, I’m simply expressing some doubt about Kmet. I don’t like that we see so little of him in the offense and would have preferred we draft an OT if we were making a developmental pick.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, abstract_thought said:

I think it’s a bit disingenuous to compare Clowney with Harris. Clowney was mainly let go due to salary issues. Harris is a veteran who’s had a minimal role.

Regardless, I’m simply expressing some doubt about Kmet. I don’t like that we see so little of him in the offense and would have preferred we draft an OT if we were making a developmental pick.

Exactly the point I was making yesterday in the GT. I was by no means ripping Kmet. I'm ripping the fact that we heard how awesome he is all offseason and he has done nothing in the passing game due to a lack of reps given. It's aggravating 

4 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Exactly the point I was making yesterday in the GT. I was by no means ripping Kmet. I'm ripping the fact that we heard how awesome he is all offseason and he has done nothing in the passing game due to a lack of reps given. It's aggravating 

You were not making that point. Stop it. You were claiming that drafting Kmet was terrible decision. 

Kmet has been awesome. Nice use of a top 50 pick. Wonderful

https://forums.footballsfuture.com/topic/30192-bears-at-falcons-1200-fox/?do=findComment&comment=3103827

Edited by JAF-N72EX

5 hours ago, abstract_thought said:

Your concerned about a rookie TE because he hasn't produced in his first 3 games of his career?!  

The WR/TE positions take time to develop. Especially during a abnormal off-season.  

Like Supe said. Some of you expect way too much. 

Edited by JAF-N72EX
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Your concerned about a rookie TE because he hasn't produced in his first 3 games of his career?!  

The WR/TE positions take time to develop. Especially during a abnormal off-season.  

Like Supe said. Some of you expect way too much. 

I’m not concerned about production. I’m concerned about his role. And mainly - we were told that this pick addresses an immediate need in Nagy’s offense but he’s not had a large role.