• Lakers in 5
    • Lakers in 6
    • Lakers in 7
    • Miami in 4
    • Miami in 5
    • Miami in 6
    • Miami in 7

20 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

The bench was straight garbage. Morris was just as bad defensively as he was offensively and Kuzma/Rondo were horrendous. If they get a decent game from the bench in game 6 then the Lakers should win, but I'm hoping Jimmy Buckets has one more special game left in him. Let's get this to game 7! 

3 hours ago, Spartica4Real said:

Win or lose Jimmy Buckets has had the most legacy defining playoff run since Dirk in 2011, honestly. Not the BEST playoff run (LeBron in 2018 comes to mind immediately of course), just the one with the biggest impact on a player's legacy. LeBron's legacy was already secure in 2018. KD doesn't and never will get respect for his rings. The Spurs were well oiled machines with great legacies already. Wade's legacy was already secure before his 2nd and 3rd rings. Etc, etc, etc. The only one that comes close in defining a player's legacy is Kawhi last year probably. 

Jimbo has tons of my respect, such a good player who does whatever it takes to win. He's def in that 2nd tier of superstar and down the stretch in the playoffs there's definitely tier 1 guys I'd take Butler over (like Giannis).

Give it a rest. And speak for yourself. 

Jimmy is just THAT guy. About freakin time Duncan Robinson had one of those games. Let’s see if it carries over to game 6...

Lakers 25 fast break points to Miami 4. Miami can’t allow that amount of points and that discrepancy next game 

Getting to a game 6 with Bam missing two games and not being 100%, also with Dragic being out the whole series is incredible. Jimmy is a dawg. 

Edited by Kip Smithers

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Curry and Durant were 8-1 against LeBron in the Finals. Would've went for a 3-pete if KD didn't get hurt last year. 

Curry/KD/Thompson/Green were 8-1 vs LBJ, and who was the #2 guy? Love? Those Warriors team were among the best teams in NBA history, if not the best. 

3 minutes ago, sunnygsm said:

Somehow I feel like the Lakers lose this if they don't close out in 6. Mild take. 

I 100% agree. No way Miami is losing if this goes 7. That momentum would be that of a 1,000 suns.

In other news...

😆😆😆

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

Nah. And I speak for 90% of NBA fans.

People don't forget the biggest wuss move in NBA history.

eh, i really don't think it was. look at what every player does now, they move to play with other stars. lebron started it. if his wasn't the biggest wuss move at the time, then neither was KD's, imo. just the modern nba, unfortunately, it's a league culture 

21 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

eh, i really don't think it was. look at what every player does now, they move to play with other stars. lebron started it. if his wasn't the biggest wuss move at the time, then neither was KD's, imo. just the modern nba, unfortunately, it's a league culture 

I'm far from a LeBron stan but LeBron's move definitely wasn't as bad imo. It's more comparable to if LeBron had joined the Celtics after being bounced by them in 2010. Tbh even that isn't as bad because those Celtics were no 73 win team. One man's FA move single handedly ruined the NBA for a season, and the 2nd season wasn't much better but at least there was one team who gave them a respectable challenge in the Rockets. 

It's definitely the modern NBA to bounce around teams though you're right. It's just most years there isn't a cap spike that allows the best team in the league to add the 2nd best player in the league without losing anyone of note. Also having Steph on a VERY team friendly deal due to the ankle injuries earlier in his career. I don't blame KD for taking the once in a lifetime chance, but I do think he'll have to deal with having that as a negative on his resume for the rest of his career. 2 rings makes up for it but at least for the forseeable future people just won't respect those rings as much. KD never got anywhere near the credit for either of those titles as Kawhi did last year for example. Or even LeBron in a losing effort in 2018. 

10 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

I'm far from a LeBron stan but LeBron's move definitely wasn't as bad imo. It's more comparable to if LeBron had joined the Celtics after being bounced by them in 2010. Tbh even that isn't as bad because those Celtics were no 73 win team. One man's FA move single handedly ruined the NBA for a season, and the 2nd season wasn't much better but at least there was one team who gave them a respectable challenge in the Rockets. 

It's definitely the modern NBA to bounce around teams though you're right. It's just most years there isn't a cap spike that allows the best team in the league to add the 2nd best player in the league without losing anyone of note. Also having Steph on a VERY team friendly deal due to the ankle injuries earlier in his career. I don't blame KD for taking the once in a lifetime chance, but I do think he'll have to deal with having that as a negative on his resume for the rest of his career. 2 rings makes up for it but at least for the forseeable future people just won't respect those rings as much. KD never got anywhere near the credit for either of those titles as Kawhi did last year for example. Or even LeBron in a losing effort in 2018. 

The more time passes, the less context matters and is remembered. When it’s all said and done those rings are gonna count (and should) just like any other superstar. 

Edited by Kip Smithers