29 members have voted

1. 1. what you thinking?

• Soon to be a great WR, he's coming!
    • Showing signs of improvement, stick with him
    • Undecided
    • Not good, if he doesn't improve soon, he's surely a bust
    • A bust.

1 hour ago, The Third Rider said:

No offense but I am not buying this whole scheme is too difficult. This has been the excuse that has been trotted out there for so many years to explain why they can't develop good WRs. I was watching an interview with Josh McDaniels when asked about the playbook and he says he had not seen the playbook since 2011... I don't necessarily think it's an easy scheme but I do find it hard to believe that their scheme is so over complicated that they willingly hinder their offense from week to week. Bill in his almost two decades in New England the best WR he drafted was Edelman and he was a QB of all things (Deion Branch being the 2nd). After so many years drafting TEs he eventually hit on Gronk and Aaron but his track record drafting WRs and RBs is pretty abysmal.

Never thought it was scheme, more so thought it was Tom going Kobe on them. 

WR drafting has been horrendous .. I wouldn't be surprised if next year is a double dip in the position with a fingers crossed moment of praying one of the two is decent. Branch was good .. Edelman was great .. I still think Berrios could turn into something but other than that all awful. What happened to Gunnar having the best camp ever?? 

RB has been pretty good overall outside of Maroney imo .. Shane Vareen was great .. I think Ridley would have had a good career if not for his injury .. James White is a great pick.. Michel isn't great but he helped win a super bowl .. and Harris has looked pretty good to me to start this season. 

TE is mixed but overall pretty good .. Graham and Watson had long careers so neither were really a bust .. David Thomas was a meh 3rd or 4th rounder.. Gronk is HOF .. Hernandez could have been a multi-time pro bowler .. that's a pretty good record. My only complaint since then is the lack of TE's drafted, not who was drafted. The overall track record will depend on how well Asiasi and Keene turn out though. If the two of them work out this team could be based of 2 TE sets again and be very successful. 

Right now we've got to hope that Harry can at least turn into something.. he's not a #1 .. but can he at least be worthy of a roster spot?? I'm personally more worried about getting an Edelman replacement.. this offense NEEDS someone good in the slot or it quickly falls apart on 3rd down

7 hours ago, The Third Rider said:

No offense but I am not buying this whole scheme is too difficult. This has been the excuse that has been trotted out there for so many years to explain why they can't develop good WRs. I was watching an interview with Josh McDaniels when asked about the playbook and he says he had not seen the playbook since 2011... I don't necessarily think it's an easy scheme but I do find it hard to believe that their scheme is so over complicated that they willingly hinder their offense from week to week. Bill in his almost two decades in New England the best WR he drafted was Edelman and he was a QB of all things (Deion Branch being the 2nd). After so many years drafting TEs he eventually hit on Gronk and Aaron but his track record drafting WRs and RBs is pretty abysmal.

I think we have proof that Harry's lacking is more than just scheme and/or playbook. It' now 2 QBs whom Harry can't get on the same page with. We have specific plays that highlight his lack of football awareness (he doesn't know when he's open....I think he just runs the route he is given, but there is no improv there when there's a cushion or a soft zone. He doesn't feel it. Like if he's got a curl route and he has a CB in trail, he'd still run the curl instead of continuing)

I think that can get coached, but again, it's just disappointing we drafted it in the first round. 

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Crimmage said:

WR drafting has been horrendous .. I wouldn't be surprised if next year is a double dip in the position with a fingers crossed moment of praying one of the two is decent. Branch was good .. Edelman was great .. I still think Berrios could turn into something but other than that all awful. What happened to Gunnar having the best camp ever?? 

RB has been pretty good overall outside of Maroney imo .. Shane Vareen was great .. I think Ridley would have had a good career if not for his injury .. James White is a great pick.. Michel isn't great but he helped win a super bowl .. and Harris has looked pretty good to me to start this season. 

TE is mixed but overall pretty good .. Graham and Watson had long careers so neither were really a bust .. David Thomas was a meh 3rd or 4th rounder.. Gronk is HOF .. Hernandez could have been a multi-time pro bowler .. that's a pretty good record. My only complaint since then is the lack of TE's drafted, not who was drafted. The overall track record will depend on how well Asiasi and Keene turn out though. If the two of them work out this team could be based of 2 TE sets again and be very successful. 

Right now we've got to hope that Harry can at least turn into something.. he's not a #1 .. but can he at least be worthy of a roster spot?? I'm personally more worried about getting an Edelman replacement.. this offense NEEDS someone good in the slot or it quickly falls apart on 3rd down

I don't think its hard to draft a slot receiver however they refuse to do so for what ever reason. You can get them in the later rounds. I look at Cooper Kupp, Tyler Lockett, Jamison Crowder, and Terry McLaurin, and Hunter Renfrow

5 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

I didn't realize Harry has a long history of concussions back to his youth days. Big yikes. Just retire if that were me.

This just add more to the question. Why did they draft him. What did they see to make him a 1st RD pick. What did they see over the other guys pick later in the draft.

Hunter Renfrow is another guy which everyone said was the perfect Patriot.. lasted till I believe the 5th round and would really help on this team right now. I think that's another example of BB being too cute and only wanting to grab his slot guys in the 6th because he believes the rest of the league undervalues them to that level. 

Hopefully Gunnar will get some time and take over that spot by the end of the year.. which even further makes the point of Harry being a major disappointment.. when we are hoping for players like Byrd, Gunnar, and Meyers to be our saviors

• Like 1

Some really good WRs in the draft. Waddle, Chase, Moore, Devonta Smith

The draft geeks in this forum are saying they'd take 3 of them before any of the WRs taken in the recent draft. They may be available to us.

....do we....?

Do we risk it again?

• Like 1

On 10/27/2020 at 4:53 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

draft geeks in this forum

Hey watch yourself, I resemble that! 😄

I hate WR in the 1st round, to me its a waste of an high value asset, however I would run up to the table to draft Ja'Marr Chase WR, LSU. He a generational WR with zero flaws. However there's is a possibility that Micah Parsons LB, Penn State will still be on the board.  BB IMO would never pass on him. Huge need and its defense.

The only other WR I would consider in the 1st RD (trade down) would be Rondale Moore WR, Purdue.  His skill set remind me of Tyreek Hill.  I not sure if this explains why him in the 1st RD but here goes. He more than just a WR, he's a defense changer. He doesn't have to touch the ball to effect each play and coverage.

IMO That's why all the other players on KC look so great. Every team is scared sit- lees of Hill.

All other are not worth taking in the 1st round. Ex  DeVonte Smith WR, Alabama (1st RD) and Chris Olave WR Ohio State  ( 2nd RD). They basically have the same skill set.

Ja'Marr Chase  could be our next Stanley Morgan! 😍😍😍😍

Edited by m haynes

It's embarrassing watching him trip on sprinklers and getting manhandled by DBs half his size downfield. At this point, he's a guy you can barely roster and hope you don't have to trot out there. 

Never liked the selection from the moment it happened. The guy's college tape was miscasting himself as some sort of elusive YAC demon, yet the body type and athletic ability made it so easy to see that sh*t wasn't going to translate to the pros. Going up against terrible PAC12 DBs (I mean how many are in the NFL?) sure made it look easier too.

It's too bad. He's actually got good hands, all things considered. But the fundamentals, awareness, toughness and mentality just isn't there. 

• Like 1

On 10/27/2020 at 1:53 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

Some really good WRs in the draft. Waddle, Chase, Moore, Devonta Smith

The draft geeks in this forum are saying they'd take 3 of them before any of the WRs taken in the recent draft. They may be available to us.

....do we....?

Do we risk it again?

If any of these guys resemble any form of explosiveness, creating separation down field and/or the ability to attack the ball you can officially cross them off the team's draft board.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nex_Gen said:

If any of these guys resemble any form of explosiveness, creating separation down field and/or the ability to attack the ball you can officially cross them off the team's draft board.

Do you think he's got an over-thinking issue?

On 10/26/2020 at 3:12 AM, The Third Rider said:

He is up there, I think Dominique Easley might be the worst, you also have Malcom Brown on that. Just for fun during the first two season Sony Michel only has 263 yards and 1 TD more then Lawrence Maroney's first two seasons. 

lots of busts recently.