N'Keal Harry and The Patriots forum  

29 members have voted

1. 1. what you thinking?

• Soon to be a great WR, he's coming!
    • Showing signs of improvement, stick with him
    • Undecided
    • Not good, if he doesn't improve soon, he's surely a bust
    • A bust.

There isn't much to say in my opinion. He is a bust in my book. Now, he probably will still be an NFL receiver for a bunch of years like a Dorsett and others who were first round picks but it's still a bust and a really bad draft pick. I really don't see more than a #3 receiver and that's just bad for a top pick. Seperation is the biggest factor in todays NFL and he just can't do it. I'm sure he works hard and is liked but I just cannot figure out how Belichick always picks the wrong wide receivers. At this point it's more unlikely than actually getting a good wideout. How many times has he missed? It's unreal.

• Like 3

Just now, ChazStandard said:

Harry is what he is - a big bodied guy who can run well after the catch, but can't get open. Fortunately, with Funchess and Benjamin, that's what Cam's used to.

I'm more concerned with having only 3 TE catches all season so far.

Dalton Keene needs to get healthy

It not his fault but I see a Harry as a really bad 1st rd pick.  

Should we keep him hell ya.  He is no better than 4th or 5th option. We need better at that ( 1st /2nd option) position more than he is capable of giving.

Added   Hey maybe he will up his game if he has a real threat on the other side. Ex Randy Moss or  a Ju Ju and A brown. Ju Ju was a whole lot better with Brown.

Edited by m haynes

We knew he wasn't a separator, so that's not the worst outcome. But I think we all thought he'd box defenders out, be able to run over some DBs, catch balls in traffic with his frame - but we're not seeing this. We have to have him run sweeps, motions or screens just to get him the ball. He's not good on the YAC really either, and apparently that was his thing.

Lol how this separation stat Harry 3.6  Tyreek Hill 3.4.  Odell Beckham 3.4 Mike Evans 3.1 Chris Godwin 3 A J Brown 2.6 DK Metcalf 2.4   Yeah this is all small sample size but so is Harry's career. After he has played a full season we can see where he is. Also people talk about him being a first round pick like he was a top five guy but he was one pick away from the second round. 

• Like 1

On 9/29/2020 at 5:13 AM, jofos said:

Lol how this separation stat Harry 3.6  Tyreek Hill 3.4.  Odell Beckham 3.4 Mike Evans 3.1 Chris Godwin 3 A J Brown 2.6 DK Metcalf 2.4   Yeah this is all small sample size but so is Harry's career. After he has played a full season we can see where he is. Also people talk about him being a first round pick like he was a top five guy but he was one pick away from the second round. 

Where do those stats come from?

The eye test shows me Harry is never open down the field, whereas Hill just caught a 40 yard bomb and had about 5 yards of separation doing so. Harry has never caught a pass like this

They must be counting those swing passes or screens he catches, when a defender has to legally start about 5 yards away from him until ball is snapped.

5 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Where do those stats come from?

The eye test shows me Harry is never open down the field, whereas Hill just caught a 40 yard bomb and had about 5 yards of separation doing so. Harry has never caught a pass like this

They must be counting those swing passes or screens he catches, when a defender has to legally start about 5 yards away from him until ball is snapped.

Hunter the eyes are all you need.  Harry  separation against bum/ run or man is zero. His separation numbers come from zone. CB can play off him and wait til he make his (slow) break and close.

• Like 1