Week 4 GDT: CLE @ DAL

D82

2 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

True. I think you and D82 are fair and reasonable when it comes to Dak, so my post wasn't particularly aimed at y'all. 

What I don't like is that the other posters (I bolded) act like Dak is immune to scrutiny. 

yeah but scrutiny on here is pathetic.. like in the 1st game Dak goes for 450 yds 4 TDS, no turnovers and all your saw was beaching on Dak.. making a mountain out of every possible mole hill.  

1 minute ago, D82 said:

It’s more than possible. This team needs to shed a couple of the bad contracts they’ve handed out and look at actually committing resources to areas they’ve beg elected for far too long.

Of course its possible. I'm not one that thinks Dak is the problem. I just dont know how you overcome his contract.

To your point on dumping some bad contracts, I dont think we have any big outs until 2022. I could be wrong.

Just now, D82 said:

Man...c’mon. Dak’s made plenty of plays under pressure and willed this team to a win.

I never mentioned Dak. He said pressure makes the offense play poorly. Just pointing out that isn’t always the case. And it isn’t 

4 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Did anyone just see the stat of how our rush offense went from #1 to nearly dead last year by year since 2016? Has anyone noticed that our empty yard passing games and lack of wins have increased while the rush yards went down?

Rushing effectively does a lot for the whole team.

3 minutes ago, D82 said:

What happens in a couple years when the QB you draft and hope can replace Dak’s production needs a contract extension? Or what if he busts (far more likely) and you’re back to square one all over again?

By that time, Dallas will field a more talented roster complete with some elite playmakers (due to Will McClay & high draft picks), so giving the new QB a contract extension will not be an issue. 

If the QB is bust, continue to fill out the roster. Recall that a division rival of ours won the SB with their backup QB.

At this point I hope we let Dak walk and try and draft another QB. Let’s see a rookie try and do better with what Dak and Romo had to work with over the years while Dak goes on to help another team win a couple Super Bowls while the Cowboys are continuously stuck in mediocrity. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

And that's what I don't like about the posters here who pimp Dak like he's great. When he's doing good you see them trash talking nonstop.

But when Dak does poorly, they're radio silent.

That’s a two way street too ya know? 
It really matters not though. If he’s signed he’s signed. If he isn’t, he isn’t. They all come and go. He just be another.
Beat the dead horse if you want.