Week 3 MNF: Ravens vs Chiefs (MVP vs MVP)

RavensTillIDie

MVP Poll  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wil Win the Game?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/30/2020 at 12:30 AM

3 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Dude will be fired after going 6-10. It’ll happen. This is all Mahomes. 

Bull. I don't know how much is the offensive coordinator, but Mahomes is lucky as **** to have the offensive coaches he's had around him. He gets a lot of easy looks and his skillsets are completely maximized. Not to mention the weapons around him are legitimately talented and everyone knew that before Mahomes ever even took a snap.

We're seeing what Andy can do offensively with a superstar talent at QB for the first time.

6 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

I call it how i see it. He was unstoppable last year. That wasn't a fluke.

actually he got stopped a few times. In fact he was completely stopped (him and the Ravens) in the playoffs. He looked extremely pedestrian against Pittsburgh last year and if not for a bad Roughing the Passer call, Baltimore loses that game as well. So he has never been unstoppable.  Defenses got away from defending the RPO heavy offenses because since RG3, no one has really done it with great success.  Lamar is very athletic and fast, he runs well and so it caught many defenses who don't have the speed or physicality to defend it by surprise. He prospered. Tonight, we saw what can happen when you get to.him, hit him, pressure him, and get in his head.

Having said that, its week 3, and 1 game against a really good team. Its not the end of the world and doesn't make him a bad player. 

Edited by wwhickok

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Teams adjust to Mobile QBs like him after a dominant year all the time. The reason his pass stats are so great is because his dominant run game commands respect and opens up the pass game like we’ve never seen before. If Lamar had Brady Legs he’d probably be the worst QB in the league. 

Not saying Lamar is gonna have a bad season. I think he’s a Top 10 QB and the Ravens will be in the playoffs. But saying he’s a great pure passer is beyond laughable. 

Just to be clear. Are you saying defenses have already figured Lamar out based on this game? 

1 minute ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Bruh, these Lamar hot takes in week 3 are beautiful. 

Bookmarked

Keep that same energy the rest of the season. 

The Ravens will be fine next week. So will Jackson.

But I look forward to him and the rest of his class team choking all their regular season success away come January. Bookmark this. Please.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Teams adjust to Mobile QBs like him after a dominant year all the time. The reason his pass stats are so great is because his dominant run game commands respect and opens up the pass game like we’ve never seen before. If Lamar had Brady Legs he’d probably be the worst QB in the league. 

Not saying Lamar is gonna have a bad season. I think he’s a Top 10 QB and the Ravens will be in the playoffs. But saying he’s a great pure passer is beyond laughable. 

But you can't take away his physical attribute that contributes to his passing.. he has great touch and a good arm. His problems is relying on the run to early and erratic vision. His accuracy has gotten progressively better.

I have no horse in the race. I just don't do prisoner of the moment. I remember the many games with great throwing demonstrations.

1 minute ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Just to be clear. Are you saying defenses have already figured Lamar out based on this game? 

Most teams can probably figure out the how in stopping Jackson. Most teams just don't have the personnel to match-up against Baltimore's rushing attack. And Jackson has legitimate receiving threats.