Covid: Full outbreak, approaching 25 cases

titans0021

5 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Yeah, the more I hear, the more I think this leads to Raiders style fines than massive punishment. The precedent has been set for what the penalty for irresponsible behavior is. If there’s nothing that indicates that the players were told they weren’t allowed to gather offsite, I don’t think this crosses the line from general negligence/foolishness to outright rule breaking.

The NFL is known for their consistent punishments

Their memo that came out with protocol changes mentioned that teams were not able to gather off-site. That was mentioned as a "change" in the memo suggesting that the previous protocol didn't actually specify this, which would mean the team may not have actually broken the protocol at the time. 

We're going to get a lot of flack for this because we're having an outbreak, but I don't really see how this is much different than the NFL okaying the Patriots to travel together 2 days after Newton's positive test when it's very well known that the incubation period is 5-7 days on average and potentially longer. 

It would be insane to punish us as if these protocols would have 100% prevented this while simultaneously putting all if those Patriots in a confined space with one another and having them go play a game.

I'm sure some punishment will come, but it shouldn't be a punishment that puts us at a competitive disadvantage unless we were blatantly and knowingly defying league policies. Generally punishments that result in a competitive disadvantage incur because of a violation that offered a potential competitive advantage, which is not the case here. The team was merely in an unfortunate situation trying to prepare for a game 3 days away in the best way they could.

I think we could see a Patriots outbreak after allowing then to travel and another team having an outbreak would take the sole focus off of us which would relieve some of the media pressure for the NFL to come down on the Titans for ruining their Sunday.

• Like 1

But we all know it's the NFL not a court room and not only do the punishments not have to be fair, they don't even require evidence to determine a guilty verdict. They will issue punishments simply to set examples and satisfy outrageous fans to maintain the best PR relationship possible.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Their memo that came out with protocol changes mentioned that teams were not able to gather off-site. That was mentioned as a "change" in the memo suggesting that the previous protocol didn't actually specify this, which would mean the team may not have actually broken the protocol at the time. 

We're going to get a lot of flack for this because we're having an outbreak, but I don't really see how this is much different than the NFL okaying the Patriots to travel together 2 days after Newton's positive test when it's very well known that the incubation period is 5-7 days on average and potentially longer. 

It would be insane to punish us as if these protocols would have 100% prevented this while simultaneously putting all if those Patriots in a confined space with one another and having them go play a game.

I'm sure some punishment will come, but it shouldn't be a punishment that puts us at a competitive disadvantage unless we were blatantly and knowingly defying league policies. Generally punishments that result in a competitive disadvantage incur because of a violation that offered a potential competitive advantage, which is not the case here. The team was merely in an unfortunate situation trying to prepare for a game 3 days away in the best way they could.

I think we could see a Patriots outbreak after allowing then to travel and another team having an outbreak would take the sole focus off of us which would relieve some of the media pressure for the NFL to come down on the Titans for ruining their Sunday.

By the same standard and accounting for the incubation period, the Patriots shouldn't be allowed together until the earliest Saturday. That is when Cam came up positive right?

We are being wrecked because they gathered on a day when they all tested negative earlier that morning and if there was a game that day (going by NFL standards and the Pats/Chiefs) would have been allowed to play a game that day. 

5 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

But we all know it's the NFL not a court room and not only do the punishments not have to be fair, they don't even require evidence to determine a guilty verdict. They will issue punishments simply to set examples and satisfy outrageous fans to maintain the best PR relationship possible.

Yep, they seem determined to dish out a huge punishment.

I want some clarification behind whats the difference between allowing the Patriots to play given the time span of a positive test/proximity to an infected player allowing them to play in a game less than 72 hours later

AND

Players who were all negative to that point of testing being getting together?

Is it the number of cases?
Is it the time window?

I legit want to know.

6 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I want some clarification behind whats the difference between allowing the Patriots to play given the time span of a positive test/proximity to an infected player allowing them to play in a game less than 72 hours later

AND

Is it the time window?

I legit want to know.

Sorry to break it to you, King.  You're not getting that clarification.

11 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

AND

Is it the time window?

I legit want to know.

$

58 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

As crazy as it sounds, I see Vrabel and the guys rallying around each other in a “Us against the world” way once the punishment is handed down. Like the Saints with Bountygate, Patriots with Spygate/Deflategate.

Ya once I seen Simmons tweet I felt the same way

Sorry if I missed anyone posting this 

All I will say is should they have been quarantined at home yes for sure 

I will also say I get them trying to work out

They were told to prepare to play vs Pit

They were also told they were only going to have a walk through as well

Its hard to do nothing all week then show up and take hits and expect not to get hurt 

I get why they worked out, definitely wasn’t the smartest decision but I’m not going to kill the players over it