Week For Game Day Thread: Atlanta Falcons at Green bay Packers

MacReady

Just now, deltarich87 said:

If Davante was close to playing last week, I'd say it's likely he's good to go this week

Yea he sounded like a guy who's playing for sure. Moreover, if 13 is out, not even sure we could field a WR core at this point with 17 on the field. 

12 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

It's a core muscle injury for Lazard.

That could mean a lot of things, but core muscle injuries usually aren't short in duration. If he needs surgery, he's done. 

If he's out a prolonged period of time (half of the season or more), Gute better get on the phone and trade a pick, unless we want to waste this start to what could be a big season. We aren't rolling through the NFC long-term with Adams, MVS and a bunch of crap at WR. Need at least 3 guys, even in this offense. 

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

The real question for Shepherd is...can he actually do something positive in a real football game? 

i think that drop off the face mask for the INT last year did him in he had a tough game and was not forgiven. In consideration to the way AR has treated Sternburger and others of late who have had drops maybe Shepherd can become a roll player for us. I really thought he could be a nice slot piece for us and show a different type of WR for us rather then our typical big body. Maybe he plays more of an Ervan type for us with some motion and sweep potential.

10 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Well, here's hoping he avoids needing surgery.

Either way, sounds like a confirmation of a long absence. Knowing GB is likely not to make any substantial move, we'll have to hope EQ will be ready to go after the bye week. He's eligible to come back next week (bye week) so perfect timing. Still think Foster could be an option off the PS given his skill set. I'm not expecting much from a guy like Shepherd, he's just too limited.