2020 NBA Offseason Thread

11sanchez11

2 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I was just thinking today that the 76ers look worse than they have the last 3 years 

How did you come to that conclusion? They looked great in their one pre-season game so far. Their team defense looks to be worlds better than at any point in recent history. Unlike last year, they have shooters to complement Embiid/Simmons in Green & Curry. They finally have a legitimate backup to Embiid in Howard. Doc looks like he's actually going to use Scott as a stretch four this year instead of letting him languish on the bench like he did under Brown. And they can actually go 10 deep this year. I'll go so far as to say if the Sixers can't finish as a top 2 seed this year, that would be a disappointment.

1 hour ago, RavensTillIDie said:

How did you come to that conclusion? They looked great in their one pre-season game so far. Their team defense looks to be worlds better than at any point in recent history. Unlike last year, they have shooters to complement Embiid/Simmons in Green & Curry. They finally have a legitimate backup to Embiid in Howard. Doc looks like he's actually going to use Scott as a stretch four this year instead of letting him languish on the bench like he did under Brown. And they can actually go 10 deep this year. I'll go so far as to say if the Sixers can't finish as a top 2 seed this year, that would be a disappointment.

Howard is washed and so is green. I like Seth curry but I don’t think he’s an upgrade over Richardson. I don’t think they have much depth either. I’m not impressed. I’m also not always right. 

1 hour ago, RavensTillIDie said:

I think Milwaukee, Brooklyn, Boston, Miami, and Toronto are all better than Philly coming into the season. 

6 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Hilarious. Can't really blame the stars around the league for trying. If he didn't sign next offseason would've been wild.

But, I'm pretty damn happy that ESPN doesn't get to hammer us over the head with Giannis free agency talk all year. It would've been insufferable.

It's a definite win for small market teams. Some guys are just loyal to their core like Dame. Maybe Giannis is another one. 

To a certain extent I can appreciate it, but if you are approaching your 30s and you've never really had a great chance to win a title like Dame, then it might be time to look for greener pastures. Kinda wish Dame would've left Portland, but hard to knock him for being loyal. Way different than guys like KD leaving after what Presti built around him in OKC and same with Harden in Houston now.

Bucks have done a better job team building, then the Blazers with Dame or Cavs with LeBron though.

Now, they have at the very least 5 more years of prime Giannis to get it done and I definitely think they should win at least once in that timespan, but if they can't, then Giannis should reconsider his options at that time, but that's so far away at this point its not worth discussing.

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Everything about this I disagree with.  Not even sure it makes sense.

Not sure what there is to disagree with. Jokic is an elite offensive creator. That's what you want in a #1. He's a solid defensive player but he's not your anchor on that end. Davis is an elite offensive recipient. That's what you want in a #2. Davis also functions as a top notch defensive anchor. He's perfectly cast as a #2. I don't even know what the argument against this would be.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Hilarious. Can't really blame the stars around the league for trying. If he didn't sign next offseason would've been wild.

But, I'm pretty damn happy that ESPN doesn't get to hammer us over the head with Giannis free agency talk all year. It would've been insufferable.

It's a definite win for small market teams. Some guys are just loyal to their core like Dame. Maybe Giannis is another one. 

To a certain extent I can appreciate it, but if you are approaching your 30s and you've never really had a great chance to win a title like Dame, then it might be time to look for greener pastures. Kinda wish Dame would've left Portland, but hard to knock him for being loyal. Way different than guys like KD leaving after what Presti built around him in OKC and same with Harden in Houston now.

Bucks have done a better job team building, then the Blazers with Dame or Cavs with LeBron though.

Now, they have at the very least 5 more years of prime Giannis to get it done and I definitely think they should win at least once in that timespan, but if they can't, then Giannis should reconsider his options at that time, but that's so far away at this point its not worth discussing.

I respect it, and I wouldn't see anything wrong with Giannis wanting out 2-3 years down the line if the Bucks haven't gotten a ring. No one craps on KG for demanding out of Minnesota when he did.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, RavensTillIDie said:

The new looks Sixers, if they stay healthy, might honestly be the scariest team in the East.

I don't think Doc Rivers is a good coach, I think the "process" was horrible for Embiid's development and character as it afforded him too much freedom to screw around and not taking winning seriously, and Ben Simmons has basically been the exact same player since he's been in the league. These are the reasons I have little faith in the 76ers.

1 hour ago, Kirill said:

I don't think Doc Rivers is a good coach, I think the "process" was horrible for Embiid's development and character as it afforded him too much freedom to screw around and not taking winning seriously, and Ben Simmons has basically been the exact same player since he's been in the league. These are the reasons I have little faith in the 76ers.

Yeah, Embiid is great but he was born a decade too late. And Ben Simmons has been the same player for 5 years, he reminds me of Andrew Wiggins, extremely talented but just doesn't have the drive to be great. He's like Rajon Rondo in LeBron James body.