A Battle of Behemoths: The Josh McCown Revenge Game (Week 5 GDT)

zelbell

Who wins  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Hornbybrown
    • Jets
    • Browns
    • No one
    • America
    • 0-0 tie

17 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

Then you are asking yourself the wrong question.

"Is Hue Jackson the right coach for the Browns?" is the only question needing to be asked. 1-20 says no.

Unless of course your plan is to tank.

But what are the alternatives? Patriots' defensive coordinator Matt Patricia?

Who's going to want to coach here under Haslam after what they saw happen to Hue? People respect Hue in the league and last year present and past coaching fraternity members said "there's no way that team is winning and Hue's screwed"

If we fire him, who's to say we get something better. Jeff Fischer anyone??

No up and coming top college coach or pro coordinator would want this job.

It would have to be a first year coach, the coach would suffer from 1st year coach problems, the coaching staff wouldn't be as good, and we'd be rebuilding again.

The hard question is...where does poor talent and poor coaching begin when it comes to winning? I still tend to think our issues are more talent/youth than Hue and coaching but of course it's subjective..

If we got rid of Hue, I'd at least want to see a young, offensive minded coach matched up with a young QB. Like the Rams have done.

Josh McDaniels failed in his first go but he'll have learnt from his mistakes in Denver. As an offensive mind, I'd feel as comfortable as it gets with him nurturing someone like Darnold or Rosen.

7 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

If we got rid of Hue, I'd at least want to see a young, offensive minded coach matched up with a young QB. Like the Rams have done.

Josh McDaniels failed in his first go but he'll have learnt from his mistakes in Denver. As an offensive mind, I'd feel as comfortable as it gets with him nurturing someone like Darnold or Rosen.

If we git rid of Hue I want Greg Williams as our head coach with a good OC.

fwiw my roommate who his not a Browns fan but has been being subjected to Browns games has called Hue a terrible coach weeks ago and was lampooning him again today.  I want to believe he'll get better but he evaporates 2nd half timeouts every single game and it kills us.

I just think this team is so hard to judge or use for evaluation.

to me the FO is doing the things that needed to be done. It’s not pretty but it’s  necessary. 

Now you look at Hue and the coaches. They don’t have the greatest talent in the world and it’s really hindering the team. Yeah flashes are shown but to me they are not experienced enough to do it on a consistent bases. Yeah Hogan looked good but that is also a QB playing who wasn’t game plan. I don’t think hogan is the answer and Kizer is still a ?. I like that he pulled Kizer. Don’t let him fully sink but pull him out to let him know what he did was not acceptable by any means. I want to see how Kizer bounces back. 

I still think this season is a complete wash of a season

2 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

Doesn't make it the right decision. You don't need analytics to tell you that points help you win games.

And had they got the first down and the touchdown everyone would talk about how genius it was.  You gotta take some risks.  It would have put us up 4 and our kicker missed 2 field goals.  Doesn't take analytics to see the upside of the move.  People just hated it cause it didn't work out.  Funny how people want hue to run more until he runs more 

23 minutes ago, brownie man said:

No matter what we have to give Hue another year

But damn he be messing up. 

But he's got a stripped down roster

I think at times he is over coaching, seems like he is trying to outsmart the opponent so much that it ends up back firing and he is just out smarting himself at times. I think he is trying too hard to make up for the lack of talent he has. I would love to see him just "KISS" it Keep It Simple Stupid

53 minutes ago, mistakey said:

We wouldn't have won had he taken that field goal.  We would have merely tied, given the ball back to the jets and or could have lost in overtime as well.  

I would rather take my chances in OT as our D was pretty sold most of the game and we were able to move the ball on the.  By not taking the FG you lost the game.

2 minutes ago, Wolfhunt said:

He is not messing up as bad as your boy Kizer.

I aint gonna give you that one

Terrible timeout usage, Terrible clock management, terrible disciple from the team we lead the NFL in penalties 

and bad redzone play calling since week one 

Archived