The Tom Brady Thread

BayRaider

15 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Movement in the pocket is one of his strongest traits. I mean the commentators always go on about it. Do you mean scrambling ?

Yeah those commentators say a LOT of things about Brady....they get paid to.

I don't mean "running for your life" scrambling, no.   I mean shuffling/sliding to create space and throwing lanes.  I'm mean climbing up in the pocket when pressure is coming from the edge.   In some of the big losses this season, that's been notably absent from his play. 

2 minutes ago, Saint_James said:

Yeah those commentators say a LOT of things about Brady....they get paid to.

I don't mean "running for your life" scrambling, no.   I mean shuffling/sliding to create space and throwing lanes.  I'm mean climbing up in the pocket when pressure is coming from the edge.   

Right, well he's elite at that. Proof is that he's been a QB for 20 years and he can't run. He had to have good pocket movement. C'mon. 

Edited by Hunter2_1

Just now, Hunter2_1 said:

Right, well he's elite at that. Proof is that he's been a QB for 20 years and he can't run. He had to have good pocket movement. C'mon. 

I'm not saying he never had good pocket presence.  I'm saying he doesn't seem to have that now.   He could simply be unsure/uncomfortable in a new offense, but I'm just saying, he looks very awkward back there this year at times.   You can't just stand there and hold the ball man.

6 hours ago, Saint_James said:

His career has always been suspect anyway. 

1. Cheating scandals

2.  Bailed out by refs constantly at key moments (tuck rule wtf?)

3.  Played in weakest AFC division ever

4.  Had historically great and dominant defenses for years

5.  Was never asked to do all that much to win games, just don't screw them up.

I could go on and on, the guys just never passed the eye test to some of us.  He's always been over-hyped.    He's not a Rodgers or Wilson who can make every throw at any time from anywhere.  He's not a Mahomes who can make something out of nothing.  To say nothing of his pathetic physical abilities.  He's a system quarterback who was plugged into the greatest system with possibly the greatest coach of all time. 

To someone like me, the excuse-making that people and the national media are making for Tom Brady is just obnoxious.   "OMG Tampa Bay is going to win the Super Bowl now!!"  five minutes later "OMG Bruce Arians is the worst coach ever, the system is terrible, bla bla bla!"   And these were the same people who swore up and down that Bellicheck wasn't the secret sauce in the recipe lol.    It's just incredible to see people tripping all over themselves now that the Tom Brady experiment isn't looking so good.

Antonio Brown sees that he's double covered with a safety on top, so breaks off his route.  Something the "GOAT" should see, and know, in his SLEEP.  For 20 years all we heard was that he was the "Pre-Snap Read KING".  This is high-school level stuff, basic Tampa 2 coverage.  Instead Mr. "GOAT" throws it right to the safety for an interception.    And I turn on the TV and people are blaming Antonio Brown or "chemistry" or whatever?  Come on, what gives!

When Brady had Moss, they aired it out all the time.  He was the best deep-ball QB, that's all you ever heard from these fans.  How great he was stretching the field.  Now that he has 10+ HOF receivers on the team, air-yards is bad.  Big no no.  Bruce Arians is such a dummy.   See?  You can't win man, Brady is god or something.  He can never be at fault ever.

This sounds like the type of post I’d make in 2015. 

Put aside the hate bro and look clearly. He is indeed the clear GOAT of our generation. Comparing generations gets tricky, but he is the 2000’s GOAT for sure.

12 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

This sounds like the type of post I’d make in 2015. 

Put aside the hate bro and look clearly. He is indeed the clear GOAT of our generation. Comparing generations gets tricky, but he is the 2000’s GOAT for sure.

Not hate just honest unbiased analysis.  Try to remove all the accolades and championships and just watch the man play.   Greatest ever?  Nah, I really don't think so. 

Being the "greatest" at something can't JUST be about who's the most winning at something.   But when it comes to quarterbacks, everyone just takes the lazy approach and does that...

To say nothing about the other guys playing the game.  But I guess Brady played defense, special teams, oh and he coached too....

Edited by Saint_James

7 minutes ago, Saint_James said:

Not hate just honest unbiased analysis.  Try to remove all the accolades and championships and just watch the man play.   Greatest ever?  Nah, I really don't think so. 

Being the "greatest" at something can't JUST be about who's the most winning at something.   But when it comes to quarterbacks, everyone just takes the lazy approach and does that...

To say nothing about the other guys playing the game.  But I guess Brady played defense, special teams, oh and he coached too....

Lmao no it’s not. And I do watch the guy play. He’s a baller. Never had too much of a physical skillset. Not mobile, arm is strong but not laser strong, and he’s not very athletic. However the guy loves football, clear film junkie like Manning without Mannings gifts, and has pure heart and determination. His Football IQ and Pocket Presence are some of the best the sport has ever seen. I’d put his pocket presence as the best of all time tbh, has an eye in the back of his head. Now when you’re on a new team with a bad OL, things are gonna get a bit shaky, but he’s doing a wonderful in Tampa Bay in my opinion, especially at 43 years on and learning a new system for the first time in 20 years. 

Even if you take away his first Super Bowl, which was a clear fumble (ball was already tucked back in, therefore the Tuck Rule does NOT apply), and Brady recently has opened admitted that it was indeed a fumble (appreciate the guy’s honesty), he still has Five Super Bowl Championships, and some of the greatest Regular Season QB performances in NFL History in 2007, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2016, and 2017. All of those seasons would go down in the Top 60 QB Seasons, if you ranked them all dating back to debut of the NFL in 1920.

6 minutes ago, Starless said:

lol

okay bro

Okay if you guys want to call me a Brady "hater", I'll just accuse you of being Brady "lovers" - and then very soon the Admins will be stepping in.

Why can't you even consider the possibility that I have a valid point of view?   You don't have to agree with me, just stop trying to dismiss and condescend me thanks.

7 hours ago, Saint_James said:

His career has always been suspect anyway. 

1. Cheating scandals

2.  Bailed out by refs constantly at key moments (tuck rule wtf?)

3.  Played in weakest AFC division ever

4.  Had historically great and dominant defenses for years

5.  Was never asked to do all that much to win games, just don't screw them up.

I could go on and on, the guys just never passed the eye test to some of us.  He's always been over-hyped.    He's not a Rodgers or Wilson who can make every throw at any time from anywhere.  He's not a Mahomes who can make something out of nothing.  To say nothing of his pathetic physical abilities.  He's a system quarterback who was plugged into the greatest system with possibly the greatest coach of all time. 

To someone like me, the excuse-making that people and the national media are making for Tom Brady is just obnoxious.   "OMG Tampa Bay is going to win the Super Bowl now!!"  five minutes later "OMG Bruce Arians is the worst coach ever, the system is terrible, bla bla bla!"   And these were the same people who swore up and down that Bellicheck wasn't the secret sauce in the recipe lol.    It's just incredible to see people tripping all over themselves now that the Tom Brady experiment isn't looking so good.

Antonio Brown sees that he's double covered with a safety on top, so breaks off his route.  Something the "GOAT" should see, and know, in his SLEEP.  For 20 years all we heard was that he was the "Pre-Snap Read KING".  This is high-school level stuff, basic Tampa 2 coverage.  Instead Mr. "GOAT" throws it right to the safety for an interception.    And I turn on the TV and people are blaming Antonio Brown or "chemistry" or whatever?  Come on, what gives!

When Brady had Moss, they aired it out all the time.  He was the best deep-ball QB, that's all you ever heard from these fans.  How great he was stretching the field.  Now that he has 10+ HOF receivers on the team, air-yards is bad.  Big no no.  Bruce Arians is such a dummy.   See?  You can't win man, Brady is god or something.  He can never be at fault ever.

Man, Brady must be pretty good if he’s being put on such a high standard with the numbers he’s putting up so far this year.

If I told you a 43 year old QB was projected to finish with the following, all in a new system/team and pandemic:

4300yds, 36TDs/14INTs, and team on pace for call it 10-6 and the playoffs, you would probably say that guy is pretty good.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Saint_James said:

Okay if you guys want to call me a Brady "hater", I'll just accuse you of being Brady "lovers" - and then very soon the Admins will be stepping in.

Why can't you even consider the possibility that I have a valid point of view?   You don't have to agree with me, just stop trying to dismiss and condescend me thanks.

Because you used the term "unbiased analysis" to describe what is objectively false. 

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

However the guy loves football, clear film junkie like Manning without Mannings gifts, and has pure heart and determination. His Football IQ and Pocket Presence are some of the best the sport has ever seen.

Manning had all that AND the physical gifts.   So why doesn't he get any respect?  Is it just because 6>2 and nothing more?

Also don't you feel like the cheating scandals, which WERE proven and did happen, call into question this storybook legacy?  Not saying I'm a super moral guy, but the way everyone just wants to dismiss them in order to hype the man up - it's just sad to me. 

56 minutes ago, RUGmen said:

Man, Brady must be pretty good if he’s being put on such a high standard with the numbers he’s putting up so far this year.

If I told you a 43 year old QB was projected to finish with the following, all in a new system/team and pandemic:

4300yds, 36TDs/14INTs, and team on pace for call it 10-6 and the playoffs, you would probably say that guy is pretty good.

Well yes, when you call someone the "GOAT" you are declaring them to be judged by the highest most extreme standard.  It's been that way for everyone in every sport. Especially when you hype him up to the sky and back.   You guys can't pick and choose here.  You can't say he's the best ever hands down bar none everyone else is garbage, then when he struggles bring up his age or this or that.  Come on now.