The Tom Brady Thread

BayRaider

5 minutes ago, lancerman said:

I don’t know why you want to bring them up. 

I didn't.   I was perfectly happy to discuss Tom Brady's skill at quarterback and how his stint in Tampa Bay is proving he's not god-like at all things.  It was others that, of course, had to bring up his titles and accolades and MVP's.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

This is one of the most ridiculous statements I've seen on this site in quite a while.

Hey man they are playing dirty so I had to pull a card from the bottom of the deck myself 🤣  Looking back, they clearly made a mistake that year.  My logic is flawless!

Anyway the point is the quarterback that the "experts" said was the most valuable, went down in flames to another quarterback in the biggest game.   Why is pointing that out ridiculous??  

Edited by Saint_James

6 hours ago, Saint_James said:

I didn't.   I was perfectly happy to discuss Tom Brady's skill at quarterback and how his stint in Tampa Bay is proving he's not god-like at all things.  It was others that, of course, had to bring up his titles and accolades and MVP's.  

dude how can you be serious?? playing in a new offense AT AGE FORTY THREE. no TRAINING CAMP. no PRE SEASON. 43. his playcallers are DREADFUL.

no crap he's not going to look great out there all the time.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Asciimo said:

dude how can you be serious?? playing in a new offense AT AGE FORTY THREE. no TRAINING CAMP. no PRE SEASON. 43. his playcallers are DREADFUL.

no crap he's not going to look great out there all the time.

See?   You get to assert he's the greatest ever and extol his heroics as evidence of his greatness.  Then from the other side of your mouth, defend all criticism by pointing out his mortal failings.   Oh he's getting older, he's never had a huge arm, he's not very mobile bla bla bla.   Excuses, that's all I hear. 

His playcalling is not "dreadful".  People have broken down the All-22 obsessively.  Besides, he's picking the plays and calling them anyway.  Blame him!  He's just completely fallen apart in the second half of the season.  If you want to blame age, fine, blame age.  If you want to blame his pushing and forcing Antonio Brown on the team, fine.   Just remember those are both HIS fault! 

The scapegoating people do for this guy is incredible.   No quarterback in the history of football has been given so much as Tom Brady.   At this point he practically IS the Offensive Coordinator, coach, and quasi-GM.  And you're still blaming other people?  Pathetic man.  He picked the team, he picked the players, he's picking the plays.   At what point will you fanbois maybe point some fingers at HIM, the singular common denominator in this equation? 

Who do you blame for this??

b0vT5pc.jpg

That's not a coach needing to "adjust" things, that's a quarterback who's fallen off the cliff.  A quarterback who screwed up team chemistry by forcing a locker room NUKE onto the team perhaps.  But either way, it all points to him not executing and doing his job. 

Edited by Saint_James

On 12/4/2020 at 8:07 AM, Saint_James said:

They've always loved, and I mean LOVED, the Tom Brady story.   Sixth round QB that nobody wanted, came in for an injured Drew Bledsoe, lit the world on fire bla bla bla. 

That is why the Brady legend grew so quick from day one. Another reason was that there wasn't much else to hang your hat on with the Pats in the early-00's. They didn't really have any offensive studs (except for 2004 Corey Dillon), and while they had a good D, it wasn't on par with legendary defenses like the Steel Curtain and the 85 Bears.

In 2005, I saw a show on ESPN where they were saying that Brady was already the GOAT. That's ridiculous. His passer ratings during those SB winning years weren't much better than Kurt Warner's during his one year with the Giants (in 2004).

• Like 1

Actually can't wait til TB retires. Some of you absolute morons will move on to the next pour soul. 

You'd thinking reading some of this **** that he's now a bad QB

He is a QB now (not even mentioning anything before this season) that;

is 4th in TDs behind Mahomes, Wilson and Rogers....

is 1st in completions

is 2nd in yards 

is 2nd passing first downs behind Mahomes only

is 3rd in 20 + yard completions behind Mahomes, Rogers and Watson

So he's behind only the top QBs in all stats really. And he's the only new one to a team. Oh and there was no pre-season.

Nobody thought TB would be better than Wilson, Rogers and Mahomes. Nobody making sense thought that. But seriously, what are some of you watching? He's doing well! 

Edited by Hunter2_1

20 hours ago, Saint_James said:

Him at the age of 43 finally gave you that proof you've been waiting for most of your sports life, right?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Actually can't wait til TB retires. Some of you absolute morons will move on to the next pour soul. 

Morons, that's nice.

Believe me, we can't wait for him to retire either.  The Tom Brady fatigue is a real thing.  In the meantime though, it's kind of nice to watch him crumble his own legacy just a bit with this embarrassing stunt in the sewer that is Tampa Bay.

Nobody thought TB would be better than Wilson, Rogers and Mahomes. Nobody making sense thought that. But seriously, what are some of you watching? He's doing well! 

Right "nobody".  Except the hundreds of homers in national media picking Tampa Bay to instantly be a Super Bowl winning team because of Brady alone.  Nobody except all the sycophants who said this year would finally prove he didn't need Bellicheck to set the league on fire.  

Now suddenly it's wellll, he's 43 and his coach isn't great and it's a new team and bla bla bla.

52 minutes ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

That is why the Brady legend grew so quick from day one. Another reason was that there wasn't much else to hang your hat on with the Pats in the early-00's. They didn't really have any offensive studs (except for 2004 Corey Dillon), and while they had a good D, it wasn't on par with legendary defenses like the Steel Curtain and the 85 Bears.

In 2005, I saw a show on ESPN where they were saying that Brady was already the GOAT. That's ridiculous. His passer ratings during those SB winning years weren't much better than Kurt Warner's during his one year with the Giants (in 2004).

Yeah I can understand that.  It wasn't like I had a lot to be proud about before Drew Brees came around either.  But good lord, the absolute idolatry of Brady before he really even did all that much is absurd.

And yeah wow, I never heard someone call him the GOAT by 2005 but that is ridiculous.  How could anyone being paid to speak on sports even say such a thing?  Oh wait, was it this guy by any chance?

tom-brady-slurping-him-up-after-every-wi

3 hours ago, Saint_James said:

Morons, that's nice.

Believe me, we can't wait for him to retire either.  The Tom Brady fatigue is a real thing.  In the meantime though, it's kind of nice to watch him crumble his own legacy just a bit with this embarrassing stunt in the sewer that is Tampa Bay.

How is he in the sewer when he's literally putting up stats inferior only to Mahomes, Rogers and Wilson? If you don't want to be called a moron, stop acting like one. He's not playing great anymore, but let's not act like his number of yards, TDs, first downs and completions is in the sewer 🤣

Right "nobody".  Except the hundreds of homers in national media picking Tampa Bay to instantly be a Super Bowl winning team because of Brady alone.  Nobody except all the sycophants who said this year would finally prove he didn't need Bellicheck to set the league on fire.  

Now suddenly it's wellll, he's 43 and his coach isn't great and it's a new team and bla bla bla.

Name and shame people on here

Edited by Hunter2_1