The Tom Brady Thread

BayRaider

5 minutes ago, JohnCena said:

He lit it up today! 4 touchdowns and 348 yards in a single half!

Agreed. Still not getting enough respect on this forum. Without question still a Top 10 QB if you ranked everybody up, and probably Top 6. His season has been fire outside his New Orleans games, one of which was the first game of the season with no Training Camp or Pre Season.

He is currently my #6 MVP Candidate behind Rodgers, Mahomes, Tannehil, Allen, and Wilson (might go ahead of Wilson this week actually), and my #7 overall QB season behind those five guys I just mentioned + Deshaun Watson.

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Agreed. Still not getting enough respect on this forum. Without question still a Top 10 QB if you ranked everybody up, and probably Top 6. His season has been fire outside his New Orleans games, one of which was the first game of the season with no Training Camp or Pre Season.

He is currently my #6 MVP Candidate behind Rodgers, Mahomes, Tannehil, Allen, and Wilson (might go ahead of Wilson this week actually), and my #7 overall QB season behind those five guys I just mentioned + Deshaun Watson.

I would put him ahead of Wilson, he's been consistently turning the ball over since that undefeated streak ended.

But I agree and the Saints game would have been a lot better to if not for a lack of gameplan and just quitting after the first quarter, he made some throws that got picked that he would never make just got frustrated. 

Edited by JohnCena

2 minutes ago, JohnCena said:

I would put him ahead of Wilson, he's been consistently turning the ball over since that undefeated streak ended.

I'll judge after Wilson's game this week. It's very possible he goes ahead of Wilson this week, both as a QB season, and as a MVP candidate.

Edited by BayRaider

Just now, BayRaider said:

I'll judge after Wilson's game next week. It's very possible he goes ahead of Wilson this week, both as a QB season, and as a MVP candidate.

Yeah I still think people are underrating Brady though, he's gonna be dangerous in the playoffs unlike a lot of these younger QBs he lives for the playoff game and the possibility of elimination isn't going to phase him, add to the fact that they'll likely face Washington in the Wildcard round and then probably Green Bay in the divisional round who they match up well with they could easily make the superbowl as long as they don't have to face the Saints. But even the Saints defense has gotten exposed over the past 3 weeks.  

4 minutes ago, JohnCena said:

Yeah I still think people are underrating Brady though, he's gonna be dangerous in the playoffs unlike a lot of these younger QBs he lives for the playoff game and the possibility of elimination isn't going to phase him, add to the fact that they'll likely face Washington in the Wildcard round and then probably Green Bay in the divisional round who they match up well with they could easily make the superbowl as long as they don't have to face the Saints. But even the Saints defense has gotten exposed over the past 3 weeks.  

If the Bucs can avoid the Saints, I think they make the Super Bowl.

1 minute ago, bucsfan333 said:

Payton has our ******* number. No two ways about it.

- If Bucs avoid Saints, they make the Super Bowl

- If Packers avoid Bucs, they make the Super Bowl

- If Saints avoid Packers, they likely make the Super Bowl. I could see Seattle or the Rams possibly upsetting the Saints (although Seahawks or Rams are not making the Super Bowl).

9 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

- If Bucs avoid Saints, they make the Super Bowl

- If Packers avoid Bucs, they make the Super Bowl

- If Saints avoid Packers, they likely make the Super Bowl. I could see Seattle or the Rams possibly upsetting the Saints (although Seahawks or Rams are not making the Super Bowl).

Rock scissors paper 😂

This is why I love the NFL.

• Like 1

Just now, BayRaider said:

AFC is a little different.

- If Kansas City avoids Kansas City, they make the Super Bowl.

Reid just need to stay out of his own way. Though I feel that teams have the potential to play them close. Basically you need a defense that prevents KC’s big plays, and instead forces them to nickel and dime slowly down the field. The offense has to also play its part in scoring but also wearing that KC defense. The Titans would be a great matchup if they actually had a defense. Maybe the Colts?

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Not saying he would win, but if he didn’t have that NOLA stinker, he would probably be more in the convo. 

The Bucs will be scary. They are the exact type of team that can get hot and make a run. There’s always a team in the playoffs that people write off yet end up proving people wrong.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RUGmen said:

Not saying he would win, but if he didn’t have that NOLA stinker, he would probably be more in the convo. 

The Bucs will be scary. They are the exact type of team that can get hot and make a run. There’s always a team in the playoffs that people write off yet end up proving people wrong.

I haven’t checked their rankings in a bit but they are like 3 on D and 7 on O. Perfect combination of at least reaching the Super Bowl. Saints are also a very balanced team, like 4 on D and 3 on O, but Brady is clearly much better than Brees right now. 

The Saints and Bucs are the two most balanced teams in the entire NFL. And the Bucs have the better QB. 

Edited by BayRaider

2020 Season so far:

Tom Brady 36 Passing TDs

Cam Newton 5 Passing TDs

Welp...

Granted Cam's supporting cast is much worse than Tom's...but then again Brady had to deal with this crew the past couple seasons too. Looking back now,  Tom's 2018 and 2019 season actually look amazing considering what we're seeing from the Pats. Disappointed in the Pats and BB but happy for Tom. Hopefully BB can stick around a few more years and show us he's still the greatest HC of all time (he is); feel like Tom outclassing him this season will light a fire under Bill. Lets get that franchise QB next year and get the Pats second dynasty started.

Edited by PatriotsWin!
  • Like 2