The Tom Brady Thread

BayRaider

48 minutes ago, Saint_James said:

That's a really interesting take considering his new system probably has the most stacked roster on offense, and a solid defense, that's maybe ever been assembled for a quarterback.  And if that already wasn't good enough, he personally lobbied to have ANOTHER future HOF receiver brought over in Antonio Brown.

Serious question, can anyone else even name a team that's been more loaded than this one on offense?  I'm struggling to even recall a team that's had this level of talent at every skill position.  Maybe the "Greatest Show on Turf" Kurt Warner year?  Even that's debatable compared to this years Tampa Bay squad. 

So no, I'm sorry, but I do not agree that beating up on the Detroit Lions with a virtual NFL All Star team "proves" much of anything about Tom Brady.

So you'd take Leonard Fournette/Ronald Jones over Marshall Faulk? And Donovan Smith over Orlando Pace? And Chris Godwin/Mike Evans over Torry Holt/Isaac Bruce?

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

So you'd take Leonard Fournette/Ronald Jones over Marshall Faulk? And Donovan Smith over Orlando Pace? And Chris Godwin/Mike Evans over Torry Holt/Isaac Bruce?

No, it was a question.  I was asking an honest question.

So you would rank the 2020 Tampa Bay as being the second most stacked team in the history of the NFL?   Oh poor Brady, he only has the second best of everything ever....I stand corrected I guess. 

Suffice to say, aside from the historical debate, he's certainly got the most loaded team by far THIS year in the NFL.   Which is the only year that matters I guess. 

Edited by Saint_James

Just now, Saint_James said:

No, it was a question.  I was asking an honest question.

So you would rank the 2020 Tampa Bay as being the second most stacked team in the history of the NFL?   Oh poor Brady, he only has the second best of everything....I stand corrected I guess. 

Suffice to say, aside from the historical debate, he's certainly got the most loaded team by far THIS year in the NFL.   Which is the only year that matters I guess. 

How did you possibly get that from what I said? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChazStandard said:

How did you possibly get that from what I said? 

Why don't you be more clear on WHAT you are saying?  I purposefully said it's "debatable".  I don't mind you debating, but my larger point was that Tom Brady is playing with a stacked deck.   I would expect any good QB to absolutely thrive on this team.  If you can't thrive in this system, well, maybe quarterback isn't for you. 

So I don't get why people are saying this "proves" anything about the man. 

I brought up that Rams team simply as an example, I was just honestly trying to think of a team analogous to this Tampa Bay team when it comes to offensive talent.   You trying to use my own example against me was just odd.

22 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Reich has 1 whole playoff win over BOB. Lets give him some time before crowning his butt.

His current QBs are a mess in Brissett and a 39 year old complete loser with a chance to get swept by Jacksonville.

His 2020 team is only on life support because of a pair of miracle end of game turnovers vs the 4-11 Texans.

Coach Reich's claim to fame is being part of 2 SB champs. How many rings does McDaniels have?

BTW, I love Reich for what he did in Philly, but I need to see much more in Indy.

I’m not going to lie you do bring up some good points. Last Sunday is a good example. After nursing a 17 point lead Reich inexplicably went away from the run. His main excuse was Steelers stacked the box.

Bs excuse you gotta adjust and help your team out especially since both Ts were out and Rivers is a statue. Tomlin did adjust and he didn’t.

Edited by Blackstar12
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Saint_James said:

Why don't you be more clear on WHAT you are saying?  I purposefully said it's "debatable".  I don't mind you debating, but my larger point was that Tom Brady is playing with a stacked deck.   I would expect any good QB to absolutely thrive on this team.  If you can't thrive in this system, well, maybe quarterback isn't for you. 

I brought up that Rams team simply as an example, I was just honestly trying to think of a team analogous to this Tampa Bay team when it comes to offensive talent.   You trying to use my own example against me was just odd.

Brees certainly could not thrive on this team. It requires throwing the ball beyond 10 yards nearly every play.

• Like 1

Tampa will get rolled by the first good team they play against (rams or seahawks, it's looking like?) And all you usual suspects will be out of the wood work again. Too predictable.

On the other side, youve got morons like Skip and Cowherd saying Tom won the 'divorce' because he's sitting at 10 or 11 or 12 wins (only 1 against a good team...). One season is all it took for BB to become a fraud. Too predictable.

The truth is...BB is a great coach with currently one of the worst rosters in tbe league (and he even got 6 or 7 wins with that. And yes he's at faultfor the squad but im talking coaching). And Tom is still a really good QB. He just is. He's not top 5, but he's a good QB.

Edited by Hunter2_1

Great weapons, average to bad OL at pass protection. Tom is bottom 10 in time to throw, so it's actually very impressive that he's put up the stats he has. His pocket movement buys him time.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Tampa will get rolled by the first good team they play against (rams or seahawks, it's looking like?) And all you usual suspects will be out of the wood work again. Too predictable.

Hell yes.  When they lose in the playoffs, and I hope to god it's to the Saints, I'll be the first one here telling you all that Brady sucks and I was right the whole time.   That his whole season just came down to feasting on bad to middling teams with an overpowered roster that anyone can win with.

😃

1 hour ago, Saint_James said:

Hell yes.  When they lose in the playoffs, and I hope to god it's to the Saints, I'll be the first one here telling you all that Brady sucks and I was right the whole time.   That his whole season just came down to feasting on bad to middling teams with an overpowered roster that anyone can win with.

😃

You’re a joke. There is so much hate in this post, and nothing constructive what so ever. Just a blind hater looking to hate on someone. So blind to hate that you can’t even give credit where it’s due. 

Greatest Offensive Roster ever assembled? Lmfao. 

- Evans and Godwin are both Top 15 WR’s. I’ll give you that. No question. A Top 3 WR Tandem in the league. 

- Brown is still decent but acting like he’s still Pittsburgh Antonio Brown just shows you’re full of ****. He’s probably barely a Top 30-35 WR. 

- TE situation is garbage. Gronk is completely washed. 

- OL is Middle of the Pack in the 15-16 range. 

- Ronald Jones is having a great year, but part of that is because Brady has been so good. QB’s and RB’s help each other. Look at Tanny/Henry. Henry never broke close to 5ypc before Tannehil. Jones would NOT be having this season with Winston. Also, the rest of the RB’s are cheeks. 

I’m all for debate, but that’s not what you’re doing. Going off this post, you clearly hate the guy which is disgusting. Why hate anybody? Why have hate in your heart? I don’t even hate my division rivals. I’d prefer the Chiefs not win the bowl, but that’s not hate. I acknowledge their greatness, acknowledge Mahomes greatness, and clapped when they won it. It’s called showing respect. 

Also, even if Bucs do lose in the playoffs (I mean.. 13 teams have to lose...) you’re still wrong. Brady is going to finish Top 5 in MVP, Top 10 in Offensive Player of the Year, and is still a Top 5 QB. 

Edited by BayRaider

21 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

You’re a joke. There is so much hate in this post, and nothing constructive what so ever. Just a blind hater looking to hate on someone. So blind to hate that you can’t even give credit where it’s due. 

Okay I'm a blind hater and some are blind lover fanbois.   Your point?   Is your disagreement strictly because you're in one camp and I'm in the other?

I’m all for debate, but that’s not what you’re doing.

That's simply impossible when it comes to Tom Brady and you know it.   One side will never accept ANY argument that doesn't result in him being the greatest thing that's ever walked on two legs.  There's NO debate possible in the eyes of some people.  And there's zero legit arguments, in their eyes, that trumps the "Duuuurrr six championships!!" narrative.    It's the  ultimate debate killer, and they use it like an mallet to beat everyone over the head with. 

Going off this post, you clearly hate the guy which is disgusting. Why hate anybody? Why have hate in your heart?

NO, wrong.  Wow, you really don't get it do you?   I don't hate Tom Brady.  It's the rabbid obnoxious fanbois foisting him up as the greatest thing ever, year after year no matter what, that's made me and others absolutely SICK of hearing about Tom Brady.

I mean look what you just did.  You're saying I'm a horrible human because I don't believe he's the best quarterback of all time.   See?  You're EXACTLY the problem!  Not me.  And you seriously wonder why me and others are so done with Tom Brady?  Better check yourself man. 

4 minutes ago, Saint_James said:

Okay I'm a blind hater and some are blind lover fanbois.   Your point?   Is your disagreement strictly because you're in one camp and I'm in the other?

That's simply impossible when it comes to Tom Brady and you know it.   One side will never accept ANY argument that doesn't result in him being the greatest thing that's ever walked on two legs.  There's NO debate possible in the eyes of some people.  And there's zero legit arguments, in their eyes, that trumps the "Duuuurrr six championships!!" narrative.    It's the  ultimate debate killer, and they use it like an mallet to beat everyone over the head with. 

NO, wrong.  Wow, you really don't get it do you?   I don't hate Tom Brady.  It's the rabbid obnoxious fanbois foisting him up as the greatest thing ever, year after year no matter what, that's made me and others absolutely SICK of hearing about Tom Brady.

I mean look what you just did.  You're saying I'm a horrible human because I don't believe he's the best quarterback of all time.   See?  You're EXACTLY the problem!  Not me.  And you seriously wonder why me and others are so done with Tom Brady?  Better check yourself man. 

- I’m calling you a hater because you said this was the greatest or second greatest offensive roster ever assembled. That’s a joke. Complete and utter joke. And I clearly demonstrated that. 

- I also called you a hater because you said “Brady sucks and I’ll come in here and laugh when he loses” how is that not a hate post?! That’s literally the definition of a hate post lmao. 

- Where are the Brady “fanboys” that are stating he is better than what he is? Is anyone calling him the best QB in the NFL...? No. Stating facts that he’s a Top 5 MVP player this year, a Top 5 QB season this year, and Top 10 Overall Offensive Player. You are basically dismissing all of this, and acting like not only is Brady not good, but that he “sucks”. Which is just a bold face lie, due to hate reasons. 

24 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

- I also called you a hater because you said “Brady sucks and I’ll come in here and laugh when he loses” how is that not a hate post?! That’s literally the definition of a hate post lmao. 

We're gonna have to work on that whole 'humor' thing with you I think.  That was a classic tongue-in-cheek post, but wow, you got seriously aggroed over it and just flew off the handle.

Stating facts that he’s a Top 5 MVP player this year, a Top 5 QB season this year, and Top 10 Overall Offensive Player.

Where did I specifically say he wasn't those things this season?  I mean any good QB on the 2020 Tampa Bay would be, and it's absurd that you honestly tried to downplay the receiving talent on this team.   It just proves you're driving a narrative.

Well drive it into someone else's garage bud because I'm not buying. 

We're gonna have to work on that whole 'humor' thing with you I think.  That was a classic tongue-in-cheek post, but wow, you got seriously aggroed over it and just flew off the handle.

Where did I specifically say he wasn't those things this season?  I mean any good QB on the 2020 Tampa Bay would be, and it's absurd that you honestly tried to downplay the receiving talent on this team.   It just proves you're driving a narrative.

Well drive it into someone else's garage bud because I'm not buying. 

I don’t get this argument..”Any good QB on the 2020 Bucs would be good”..

Ok and?...I can make the same case for the Packers, Chiefs, Saints, etc. 

Would I give an average QB on the Bucs the same chance to win the SB as I do with Brady at the helm and leading them to likely 11-5 record as well? Hell no.

Edited by RUGmen

18 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

It is interesting though that McDaniels has had zero success outside of having Tom Brady. He flamed out in Denver as head coach, was terrible in St. Louis as the OC, and now that Brady is gone in New England, the offense is pedestrian. Has he ever had an offense without Brady as the triggerman that hasn't been terrible? 

I would not want Josh McDaniels as my head coach. That does not make Frank Reich a great coach though. That's all I was saying.

Again, I love his work in 2017 but the Colts from 2018-now and going forward is not the next dynasty or anything like that.

He's just a guy who won a single playoff game at this point.

Obviously its better to be 27-20 instead of 20-27, but 27-20 is not the goal for anyone.

• Like 1