Where do the Packers lose?

BayRaider

59 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Philly did go into GB last year and beat them.

5-11 Chargers dominated them last year. Maybe thats why im not all in. Because im thinking of them as the same team as last year, which isn't smart to do. I need to pay more attention to them this year to see if they really are that good.

1 minute ago, Bearerofnews said:

5-11 Chargers dominated them last year. Maybe thats why im not all in. Because im thinking of them as the same team as last year, which isn't smart to do. I need to pay more attention to them this year to see if they really are that good.

I think the biggest difference between last year and this year is defenses seem to be struggling to stop the Packers. Last year you stopped Jones & bracketed Adams and the Packers were dead in the water. This year we have seen growth from Tonyan at TE, MVS as a WR, and Lazard (He will be back this year). You can't both cover Jones, Adams, & the rest of the weapons effectively. 

Defenses are picking there poison and still losing. Its exciting compared to years past. 

32 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Holy crap that might be the easiest schedule I have ever seen

Definitely for a team that finishes 1st in their division in the year prior. It might even be easier than the Cardinals schedule, who finished last in their division. And the Cardinals get to play the NFC and AFC easts. This could just be the reality at this point for the Cardinals though.

17 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

I think that is the biggest issue for people to wrap there heads around this year. This team is relatively similar to last year as far as personnel but just seems to be playing better. I think growth from Lazard, MVS, & Tonyan has given the offense new life. It also looks like Rodgers & Lafleur just needed time to get into a flow with play calls. 

What should be scary is the defense isn't honestly that bad on paper. They should be relatively stout against the pass especially once Clark returns. Alexander has turned into a true lock down corner, Rashan Gary has flashed early this year as well as Kingsley Keke. Z Smith has started slow but has still been making splash plays. The only player that really has been struggling is Preston Smith but Rashan Gary's play has made that an easier pill to swallow. I expect them to be a tough out for anyone this year especially if the defense picks up its steam a bit. 

I was listening to Move the Sticks this morning, and they kind of nailed it when they said we are seeing the Shanahan/McVay system established now with a really good QB. The open players on like almost every play is mind blowing to me. 

I expect the 49ers to still beat us if they get healthy enough by then. On the road on a short week, and we run relatively the same system so their defense knows what they are getting. Expect a few more losses, perhaps one of the chicago games or minny, Tennessee, Indy, Tampa. But it sure looks a lot better now than it did before the season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bearerofnews said:

Yeah I agree. I kind of think of GB as the same team every year since they have Rodgers. A good team, but a team that can be had a few times a year by inferior teams. Maybe they're different finally.

@TB, @IND, @SF, potentially TEN stand out. @DET or @CHI are most likely if the Packers lose a game in the division, which frankly doesn't look terribly likely but it's really tough to go 6-0 in the division.

Green Bay controls their own playoff destiny and likely earns a first-round bye if they beat Tampa in Week 6. Given relative strengths of their divisions, GB may actually be the favorite for the No. 1 seed in the NFC over Seattle. Nobody to blame but themselves if they're playing on Wild Card weekend.