Week 5 - Rams @ Washington

RamRod

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

IMO, this was our strongest all around effort this year. Defense was dominant. Offense was effective and efficient. If Woods doesn't drop that dime, Goff throws another TD, and it's 37-10. Really strong effort today. I loved Staley's aggressiveness on D.

I agree, They played a complete game. I really have no complaints about todays game. Im extremely happy with how our Oline held up. I don't think Washingtons offense is good at all but holding them to 108 yards is crazy. The rain helped a little as well. On our offense you can tell they wanted to run the ball once the rain came down hard. I wasnt too happy with Akers getting chased down by a lineman, it drives me nuts when players start looking back lol Heck of a run though, ran out of gas. Donald with 8 sacks on the year, glad he got going early this year. Reeder with 3 was unexpected. On to the Niners!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

I agree, They played a complete game. I really have no complaints about todays game. Im extremely happy with how our Oline held up. I don't think Washingtons offense is good at all but holding them to 108 yards is crazy. The rain helped a little as well. On our offense you can tell they wanted to run the ball once the rain came down hard. I wasnt too happy with Akers getting chased down by a lineman, it drives me nuts when players start looking back lol Heck of a run though, ran out of gas. Donald with 8 sacks on the year, glad he got going early this year. Reeder with 3 was unexpected. On to the Niners!

To be fair, Sweat would have caught Akers either ways. He ran a 4.41 40 coming out of college.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

To be fair, Sweat would have caught Akers either ways. He ran a 4.41 40 coming out of college.

I figured it was something insane lol Dude looks so athletic. He had a great game. Washington is scary up front. 

Great win by the Rams. Only two negatives to point out. Goff bad interception and that extra point miss by Sloman. He has missed a kick every game except for last week against the Giants. Thats not a good sign. Other than that I loved the Rams today. They came out and shutdown the run and got after any QB Washington sent out there. On offense the ran the ball well in the 1st half which established the playaction pass. It made the front line for Washington irrelevant. The tight ends continue to make the Rams hard to stop now. Cant cover Woods, Kupp, Reynolds, and Jefferson THEN cover Higbee and Everett. Not to mention the Rams are involving the backs in the passing game. Combined with all of the Rams are the most run heavy team in the NFL. So defenses have alot to think about which has made the Rams offense extremely hard to stop this season.

Looking ahead to Week 6 the Rams have a Niners team that just benched Jimmy G and struggling against the Dolphins. Not to mention the injuries they have specifically on defense. The Rams should be smelling blood in the water no matter if the Niners end up coming back and winning today the Rams should step on the throats of the Niners and give them no hope in this season to win the division or even make the playoffs. I cant wait till that game because the Rams continue to show the league they better be taken seriously this season. They arent the team we saw last season. McVay havent forgotten how to coach and Goff havent forgotten how to play QB at a high level. 

2 hours ago, El Ramster said:

Great game. Secondary looks better with Fuller. Snead sure can draft safeties man. Dudes a baller. Well the rams as a whole. I remember Stewart and the dude from the Broncos. Tj McDonald and others. 

Is Fuller okay? Looked like he nicked himself up when he blew up McKissic near the end of the game.

35 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Great win all around. 

Henderson needs to be the guy going forward. I'm fine with a rotation, but Henderson needs to be the lead dog. 

I think Henderson and Akers need to get 95% of the carries. Brown can come in on third downs when needed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

Great win by the Rams. Only two negatives to point out. Goff bad interception and that extra point miss by Sloman. He has missed a kick every game except for last week against the Giants. Thats not a good sign. Other than that I loved the Rams today. They came out and shutdown the run and got after any QB Washington sent out there. On offense the ran the ball well in the 1st half which established the playaction pass. It made the front line for Washington irrelevant. The tight ends continue to make the Rams hard to stop now. Cant cover Woods, Kupp, Reynolds, and Jefferson THEN cover Higbee and Everett. Not to mention the Rams are involving the backs in the passing game. Combined with all of the Rams are the most run heavy team in the NFL. So defenses have alot to think about which has made the Rams offense extremely hard to stop this season.

Looking ahead to Week 6 the Rams have a Niners team that just benched Jimmy G and struggling against the Dolphins. Not to mention the injuries they have specifically on defense. The Rams should be smelling blood in the water no matter if the Niners end up coming back and winning today the Rams should step on the throats of the Niners and give them no hope in this season to win the division or even make the playoffs. I cant wait till that game because the Rams continue to show the league they better be taken seriously this season. They arent the team we saw last season. McVay havent forgotten how to coach and Goff havent forgotten how to play QB at a high level. 

One major difference I've noticed with Goff this year is that he's much more willing to take what the defense gives him. That's how you can tell a young QB is maturing. Outside of the Fuller INT (which imo was because Goff got fooled and didn't think Fuller was dropping under the Kupp route), he didn't force passes down the field when they weren't there. He was content to quickly and decisively hit his checkdown when Washington gave it to us. That's an area where he made major strides this year.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I think Henderson and Akers need to get 95% of the carries. Brown can come in on third downs when needed.

I agree with this 100%. Brown is our best blocker at RB, and even though Henderson is improving with his blocking, I still trust brown there. Helps that he can catch well too. Its also Browns contract year if im not mistaken, so I do expect them to slowly get Akers/Henderson more and more involved as the year goes on to make that transition easier next year. 

3 hours ago, jrry32 said:

One major difference I've noticed with Goff this year is that he's much more willing to take what the defense gives him. That's how you can tell a young QB is maturing. Outside of the Fuller INT (which imo was because Goff got fooled and didn't think Fuller was dropping under the Kupp route), he didn't force passes down the field when they weren't there. He was content to quickly and decisively hit his checkdown when Washington gave it to us. That's an area where he made major strides this year.

It also helps that he doesn’t have those hour long developing routes McVay kept drawing up for him. 

Hes forcing it less this season but still would like for him to clean it up. The throw to Kupp that got picked was a forced throw. He had Reynolds open. Also I think he may have got hit because the ball came out super weak. 

But he’s doing a solid job this year.  Looks like O’Connell has helped him a lot 

38 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

It also helps that he doesn’t have those hour long developing routes McVay kept drawing up for him. 

Hes forcing it less this season but still would like for him to clean it up. The throw to Kupp that got picked was a forced throw. He had Reynolds open. Also I think he may have got hit because the ball came out super weak. 

But he’s doing a solid job this year.  Looks like O’Connell has helped him a lot 

I don't think it was a forced throw. He got fooled. He thought Fuller was going to stay underneath. If he did, he could float the ball to Kupp underneath the safety. To me, forcing a throw is knowing that coverage is there and throwing it anyways. Getting fooled is getting fooled. It happens to even the best QBs now and again. As for the long-developing routes, I think the outlets were there in the past. Goff just tended to focus too much on the big play. But I'd have to go back and spend a lot of time watching film to confirm that. And frankly, I don't want to spend the time and energy it would take to do it haha.

• Like 1

Any update on OKO? He finally outsnapped Ebukam, played well, and looked like he broke his arm which is a shame. The Ebukam experiment is finally over, but I'm curious if OKO's injury will impact him being put back in the starting line up.  I'd be curious if we give Hollins more snaps or even Natrez Patrick.

Also, I've been a huge Reeder critic on this forum and I'll eat crow for yesterday. It will likely be the greatest game of his career and I hope he keeps it up. 

Edited by BStanRamFan