2021 NFL Draft Thread

1 minute ago, Thaiphoon said:

And the Phins eventually turned Tunsil into 4x first rounders and a 3rd rounder (IIRC). 

No wonder why they keep getting a lot better year, and they also have a young HC who has a very bright future.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Is that how you build a team? Oh, but being mediocre is so much fun!

It can't hurt when you have

in the upcoming draft and then next year have 

1,1,1(*),2,3,4,5,6,7 (**)

(*) this is the Wentz pick. It's a 2nd but converts to a first and there's pretty much no way it won't.

(**) this is before any comp picks are assigned

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

No wonder why they keep getting a lot better year, and they also have a young HC who has a very bright future.

Yup. They tanked their 2019 season in order to get the extra ammo and get talent onto the team.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

This was a very smart move for the Eagles. Once SF jumped them and guaranteed that the QB the Eagles would've been interested in was gone, they smartly moved back 6 spots and added to their draft picks in the next two drafts.

They positioned themselves directly behind division rivals though. Getting another 1st for only 6 spots is good, but when you look at the teams in front of them... not sure I make the move. 

1 minute ago, Slappy Mc said:

They positioned themselves directly behind division rivals though. Getting another 1st for only 6 spots is good, but when you look at the teams in front of them... not sure I make the move. 

In order to pick up a 2022 first rounder to go with the other 2 they will have? I'd do it in a heartbeat. This ensures that they get the QB they want next draft if Hurts doesn't pan out this year. If all three are out of the Top 10, they use them to trade up to get their guy. If any of them result in a high pick and they can just use one on the QB, they can use one or both on weapons to put around him.

Yes. They moved down past the Girls and the Jints. But they were handsomely paid for it.

Meanwhile they can still grab Devonta Smith.

• Like 1

And I’ll just say this, Shanahan and Lynch better hope this works out because if not they’ll both be out of jobs. These type of trades can be franchise crippling if they don’t work out and Kyle of all people should know that. I’d have to assume this is for Lance by the way which makes it even more puzzling. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

And I’ll just say this, Shanahan and Lynch better hope this works out because if not they’ll both be out of jobs. These type of trades can be franchise crippling if they don’t work out and Kyle of all people should know that. I’d have to assume this is for Lance by the way which makes it even more puzzling. 

Yup. It's pretty much the RG3 deal redux.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Alex was gone no matter what. But yeah, winning the division actually hurt us long-term.

The issue is I never wanted Alex to be on the roster last year. With what they spent they could’ve ate the whole thing last off-season and embraced a true rebuild which they refused to do. I feel like we’re going to end up just like the Vikings and other teams with great defenses but crap QB play. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

The issue is I never wanted Alex to be on the roster last year. With what they spent they could’ve ate the whole thing last off-season and embraced a true rebuild which they refused to do. I feel like we’re going to end up just like the Vikings and other teams with great defenses but crap QB play. 

tenor.gif

4 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Alex was gone no matter what. But yeah, winning the division actually hurt us long-term.

Still subjective. Can't measure what it did for the confidence of the players making the Playoffs . Heinicke never would have played a game - now we can see what he might turn out to be. To Hell with draft position .