2021 NFL Draft Thread

28 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Kinda left out the part where he ran 4.29 (98th percentile) and jumped 42.5 (99th percentile) and benched 24 reps (99th percentile). 

He’s a better athlete than Curtis Samuel, which is remarkable, given that Samuel has largely gotten by in the NFL on his athleticism. Seeing as Moore was also the significantly better college receiver (not that Samuel really even was a receiver), I feel like it may be a bit premature to crown ourselves for opting to give Samuel $11M/year over drafting Moore. 

That said, with a pro day outcome like that, it’s kinda hard to imagine Moore lasting until the mid-late 2nd for us to take him, so I guess the point is taken in that respect. Even with the height (and more importantly, the hamstring), I just can’t see the league letting a guy that crazy explosive drop into the 50s. 

Didn't leave it out at the time of the post he hadn't ran yet

I agree after the 40 and vert doubt he falls further the top of 2nd with his tape

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

Didn't leave it out at the time of the post he hadn't ran yet

I agree after the 40 and vert doubt he falls further the top of 2nd with his tape

I was gonna correct my post to say that, actually, and forgot to make the change. Figured you probably posted it before the good stuff came out. My bad!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Have I ever told you the story of when I was at the draft in 2005, and the Redskins passed on my beloved receiver (who turned out to be the size of a guard) from USC? I was distraught. Despondent. Couldn’t imagine continuing to trudge this mortal coil even a day longer.

This would be similar. Except now I know how to evaluate receivers...I think 😂

I was in the car listening to the junkies live during the draft and EB badly wanted Mike Williams and when they announced the Carlos Rogers pick it was the biggest letdown lol

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

I was in the car listening to the junkies live during the draft and EB badly wanted Mike Williams and when they announced the Carlos Rogers pick it was the biggest letdown lol

No lie, I just kinda melted down to the ground and moaned for a minute or two while my buddies just laughed and laughed. Then I had to go out into the lobby area of the Javits Center and get a Nathan’s hot dog and (I swear I’m not making this up) call my mom and talk about it. I was 20 at the time, I was dramatic, sue me 😂

It was the perfect storm, though, because we weren’t supposed to have a shot at him. Every single stupid mock had him going to the Vikings at 7. But I wanted to get him so badly — he was gonna be Art and Santana was gonna be Gary and it was gonna be the 80s all over again. And then the Vikings took Troy Williamson, such a dumb pick, but it set the stage for us to get the steal. Arizona wasn’t going to take him at 8, they’d just taken some guy named Fitzgerald the previous year in the top 5.

And then we took stupid Carlos Rogers. Who turned out to be a much better player...but I still hated him because he wasn’t Art Monk.

1 minute ago, e16bball said:

No lie, I just kinda melted down to the ground and moaned for a minute or two while my buddies just laughed and laughed. Then I had to go out into the lobby area of the Javits Center and get a Nathan’s hot dog and (I swear I’m not making this up) call my mom and talk about it. I was 20 at the time, I was dramatic, sue me 😂

It was the perfect storm, though, because we weren’t supposed to have a shot at him. Every single stupid mock had him going to the Vikings at 7. But I wanted to get him so badly — he was gonna be Art and Santana was gonna be Gary and it was gonna be the 80s all over again. And then the Vikings took Troy Williamson, such a dumb pick, but it set the stage for us to get the steal. Arizona wasn’t going to take him at 8, they’d just taken some guy named Fitzgerald the previous year in the top 5.

And then we took stupid Carlos Rogers. Who turned out to be a much better player...but I still hated him because he wasn’t Art Monk.

I wanted Antrell Rolle. Loved Mike Williams and would’ve been happy with him but damn was I not bummed when they announced Carlos Rogers. Jason Campbell however, I adored that pick. He was my favorite QB going into the draft because he had just torched my hokies. I thought Aaron Rodgers was going to suck like the rest of the Tedford QBs. Man was I wrong on all of it lol. 

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

Barring an injury or scandal, if Devonta Smith gets to our pick, I’ll eat my hat. 

If he makes it to 9, I would have to have a very serious organizational discussion about whether to make the move. Not only do I absolutely love the guy, I absolutely hate the idea of NYG getting him to pair with Golladay. That would be a killer duo. I don’t know if I could go as high as 9 for a WR — but absolutely to 12 or 13, if he gets there. 

Honestly, I think we all need to come to grips that it is likely that 2 out of the top 3 pass catchers: Smith, Chase and Pitts will be going to NFC east teams not us.  

Free Safety needs to be addressed.

I’m at the point where I feel that extra third should be ammo. If Parsons or Davonte Smith start to fall and we’re in range I’d just make the move to get up and get one of them. While I don’t believe it’s going to happen at all, 4 QBs going in the top 10 will only help this team. It will push better prospects down the board and we can pounce. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

I’m at the point where I feel that extra third should be ammo. If Parsons or Davonte Smith start to fall and we’re in range I’d just make the move to get up and get one of them. While I don’t believe it’s going to happen at all, 4 QBs going in the top 10 will only help this team. It will push better prospects down the board and we can pounce. 

We are on the same page on this one!!!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I was in that same boat and if not Mike Williams I wanted Shawne Merriman.

5 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I like that thought! I’m down!

13 hours ago, 4209 said:

Rondale Moore ran the 40-yard dash in a miniscule 4.29 seconds. 

Anybody remember the smurfsExLTQH_UUAgoKjj?format=jpg&name=small

That guy can play. He destroyed Ohio State’s secondary every time he played them. Especially the year Haskins lost in Purdue 3 years ago. Matt Blough was dropping dimes all game to Moore.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

That guy can play. He destroyed Ohio State’s secondary every time he played them. Especially the year Haskins lost in Purdue 3 years ago. Matt Blough was dropping dimes all game to Moore.

Can he return punts . Looks like he'd be a killa !

Edited by RSkinGM
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, taylor made said:

I know there's some Jaycee Horn fans on here. This can only boost his stock and I think he's a lock for the first round now. I still have Caleb and the 3 big LBs over him but Jaycee did very well.

For sure. 

• Like 1