2021 NFL Draft Thread

1 hour ago, Skinsin2013 said:

I was gonna write it may take a trade up. Maybe a 1st and our extra 3rd. But Ron is gonna want his LB.

I’d have no issue with that. I honestly trust Rivera and staff with whatever linebacker they select, because I believe they know what they’re doing when it comes to linebackers. Other positions I could question a little. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Skinsin2013 said:

I was gonna write it may take a trade up. Maybe a 1st and our extra 3rd. But Ron is gonna want his LB.

It would be so awesome if he fell to us, but I’d trade up for him some too if he falls to the teens. He’s going to be a stud MLB & his impact will be immeasurable behind our DL for years to come.

15 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Yes!!! I think it’s funny how far ahead I tend to be over national draft attention but the answer is yes!!! Not only is it yes. But the value we could get out of this draft class and the player I believe he not only can become but IMO would have a great chance to become here especially it’s cool to see people catching up. 
Also I’ve been crazy at work but Chris Simms was about a month late on the #4 QB ranking 🤣🤣🤣 it’s on the pod which I’m hoping to really get ticking up here soon. Work took a curve ball and the pod regretfully has had to suffer content because of it. But I’m excited to really crank some out here in the next few weeks for prospect breakdowns and draft values by team fit and range. But happy to see it being mentioned because I really think this guy is not only the steal of the draft. But you give this guy the speed and gamers we have found here in these last few drafts and we steal a Micah Parsons or a Derrisaw man dude we’re talking about this guy here with training camp. This guy has a chance to beat the guys we have out. Even if he doesn’t I still think on this team he could be one of the best in this class.

Edited by ripsean21
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Yes!!! I think it’s funny how far ahead I tend to be over national draft attention but the answer is yes!!! Not only is it yes. But the value we could get out of this draft class and the player I believe he not only can become but IMO would have a great chance to become here especially it’s cool to see people catching up. 
Also I’ve been crazy at work but Chris Simms was about a month late on the #4 QB ranking 🤣🤣🤣 it’s on the pod which I’m hoping to really get ticking up here soon. Work took a curve ball and the pod regretfully has had to suffer content because of it. But I’m excited to really crank some out here in the next few weeks for prospect breakdowns and draft values by team fit and range. But happy to see it being mentioned because I really think this guy is not only the steal of the draft. But you give this guy the speed and gamers we have found here in these last few drafts and we steal a Micah Parsons or a Derrisaw man dude we’re talking about this guy here with training camp. This guy has a chance to beat the guys we have out. Even if he doesn’t I still think on this team he could be one of the best in this class.

I was going to address this post just for you! 🤣 I knew you would like it!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Nothing against Mond as I wouldn't mind taking a shot on him or Davis Mills at some point(or even Trask if he in the 2nd).

I just don't see the Staff drafting a QB this year and putting themselves into a spot where they are forced to cut Allen or Heinicke with how much the staff seems to love them.Your not carrying 4 QBs on the active roster and no way to stash a QB taken before the 5th in draft really

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

Nothing against Mond as I wouldn't mind taking a shot on him or Davis Mills at some point(or even Trask if he in the 2nd).

I just don't see the Staff drafting a QB this year and putting themselves into a spot where they are forced to cut Allen or Heinicke with how much the staff seems to love them.Your not carrying 4 QBs on the active roster and no way to stash a QB taken before the 5th in draft really

I agree with this. 

If they draft a QB, they should just cut one of Heinicke/Allen straight away, because you can’t manage trying to give 4 different QBs snaps on the limited offseason timetable. You probably can’t even do it with 3 QBs, as we seem destined to find out, but it would be absolutely impossible to get enough snaps to Fitzpatrick to prepare him to start (which he’s going to), to Heinicke/Allen to really evaluate which one to keep as the backup, and to the rookie to figure out what you have there. 

I think the only way they draft a rookie is if they’re absolutely in love with one (as in, enough to move up into the top 10 to get him) or if they get a crazy value, like Lance falling to 19 or Mond or Trask making it to the 4th. Otherwise I think the dance card is full at QB. 

1 hour ago, ovfd55 said:

I agree but paying Allen 840k doesn’t seem to be the type of investment they seem too married too. Also he’s coming off a major injury and neither of those guys IMO have the tools upside or talent of Mond. So I mean I wouldn’t stash him but I think every move they’ve made is to make sure they can compete week to week. They are IMO going to value a player at some point with real future upside because only Taylor is locked up next season at 4 mil.

1 hour ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I was going to address this post just for you! 🤣 I knew you would like it!

Lol I was going to resist the comment but I think as we all have realized I can’t help but bang this drum. Living and dying on this train 🤣🤣🤣 honestly it’s just fun at this point because I liked Russ and Dak. I like him even more then both of them coming out and he’s in a similar range so it’s just fun at this point to hope and really go back check notes and rewatch him and see if I’m going crazy with all the nay says but IMO guys I respect league wide are even starting to hop on this train. So it’s just fun for me. Trust me I’m ready to be tagged all preseason and offseason🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ovfd55 said:

I agree with this.  I think they are going to punt QB in all honesty.  It is going to be enough rostering three QBs on the 53 man roster, they aren't going to do four.  Unless of course, they are willing to deal Heinecke if the right guy falls to us.....or we decide to trade up.  

I think the defense is going to get some help with the first round pick though, and likely the second rounder as well.  

16 hours ago, ovfd55 said:

If they loved Allen/Heinecke they wouldn’t have spent the entire off-season trying to upgrade the position. They inquired about nearly every QB on the market. I think they pick a QB at some point and Keim seems to think the same thing. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, lavar703 said:

If they loved Allen/Heinecke they wouldn’t have spent the entire off-season trying to upgrade the position. They inquired about nearly every QB on the market. I think they pick a QB at some point and Keim seems to think the same thing. 

We put ourselves in a position where we don't have to take a qb, but can if a guy we likes falls to us whether that be in the 1st round or in the 3rd.  I hope that is their plan.

3 hours ago, offbyone said:

We put ourselves in a position where we don't have to take a qb, but can if a guy we likes falls to us whether that be in the 1st round or in the 3rd.  I hope that is their plan.

I guess so. I think the Ryan Fitzpatrick lovefest is going to die out really fast. I don’t see him as the answer and personally would’ve rather gone into the season with Allen, Heinecke and Montez over signing a 39-year old QB.