2021 NFL Draft Thread

9 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I just have no interest in a QB in the second round. It always seems like a throw away pick. Just take your QB in the first round. Get the ability to use the 5th year option and hope Waddle drops to the second round. 

I do understand this take - E has the same take - but, we shouldn’t reach for Zach Wilson either and I’m with E that while I think Trey Lance has a real shot to develop into a good NFL starter, Washington isn’t the right fit for him.

I would Just point out that Drew Brees worked out w/ Development after a few years. Lamar Jackson was the last pick of the first round & he is working out - of course based on talent he should’ve went top 10 but people were concerned about his passing as they should’ve been then and it’s still not great today. Colin Kapernick worked out before other issues took him out of the league. Dalton has developed into a good QB you could win with if you have an elite D & good running game to compliment him, same with Derek Carr, Jimmy G, Kirk, Foles and Dak.

Also, your boy Drew Lock looks to have that same level of ability and he was a 2nd round pick.

Perhaps we should trade down and then take Zach Wilson, but that’s always risky bc someone could then jump you. For example, I’d be worried about Carolina or New England jumping us if we traded down to the early teens.

Just a thought. 
I know I preach OL but to me after Sewell and Leatherwood to me it’s a crap shoot. If we pick a QB in the first round and of course have a shot at the top 2 LT, how would you guys feel selecting Chuba Hubbard in the 2nd rd as long as he’s there. I know it’s not a big need I just feel he is very talented and can take it the distance every time he touches the ball. 
That would give us more flexibility to move AG around like a Percy Harvin. This would give us another nice shot in the arm to this offense. 

2 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Just a thought. 
I know I preach OL but to me after Sewell and Leatherwood to me it’s a crap shoot. If we pick a QB in the first round and of course have a shot at the top 2 LT, how would you guys feel selecting Chuba Hubbard in the 2nd rd as long as he’s there. I know it’s not a big need I just feel he is very talented and can take it the distance every time he touches the ball. 
That would give us more flexibility to move AG around like a Percy Harvin. This would give us another nice shot in the arm to this offense. 

I’d rather take Carman the LT from Clemson in round 2. Then take a RB in the mid to late rounds.

Edited by turtle28

15 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

At pick 4 I’m guessing we’d take Zach Wilson. It appears the Jags and Jets have Fields and Lawrence all but locked up. 

Would the Cowboys take Sewell at 3, with T. Smith and L. Collins on the roster already? Smith has been injured a lot lately, and they could cut him to save some cap space, but...seems like a bit of a lateral move. 

Could see them trading out of the pick to someone who wanted Sewell (or a QB) though. 

2 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Would the Cowboys take Sewell at 3, with T. Smith and L. Collins on the roster already? Smith has been injured a lot lately, and they could cut him to save some cap space, but...seems like a bit of a lateral move. 

Could see them trading out of the pick to someone who wanted Sewell (or a QB) though. 

I would bet they take Sewell and move on from Smith or they could take Rousseau. But I have a feeling we end up picking third. 

2 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I'm not an expert with the Cowboys roster but T. Smith will turn 30 next month and hasn't played in 16 games in 6 years so I think Sewell fits them.

13 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Trent Williams? 

Pretty much. But a little younger. Historically a little better. And a little less of a nut case. 

It would be a risk signing a guy coming off a neck injury like that. But filling arguably our biggest non-QB hole with nothing but FA money would be a coup. And with a 31-year-old 7-time Pro Bowler (that would be leaving the Cowboys)? Could correct any bad mojo that exists from the Trent Williams thing. 

I guess they’d probably be able to trade Smith, though. Which would make it tough for us, as I doubt they’d be willing to send him here.