2021 NFL Draft Thread

22 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

He is but guys are out here putting it on tape man. I don’t know anyone’s situation but his team is 0-3 like you think they don’t miss him? Like these guys have a team and idk it’s hard for me not to think this isn’t really that fair to the guys playing. If anyone has a bad combine after sitting out how can you not knock that especially if they are out of shape?

Yep, Just ask Maurice Claret

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

He is but guys are out here putting it on tape man. I don’t know anyone’s situation but his team is 0-3 like you think they don’t miss him? Like these guys have a team and idk it’s hard for me not to think this isn’t really that fair to the guys playing. If anyone has a bad combine after sitting out how can you not knock that especially if they are out of shape?

I’m not blaming him for sitting out. If he doesn’t want to risk injury then I get that. He’s proven his ability. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, taylor made said:

Trevor Lawrence alert: Jets leading Patriots at halftime. And Flacco showing how bad Darnold really is...

Aaannnnnndd they blew it. Had they won that game and we had lost either the Dallas game or Philly game, we'd have the #1 pick.

• Like 1

On 11/8/2020 at 9:09 PM, turtle28 said:

Good thing there’s 4 QBs I’d consider taking in the top 10:

1. Trevor Lawrence 

2. Justin Fields

3. Mac Jones

4. Trey Lance

... and Washington picks 5th so ... yay?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, e16bball said:

Around 2pm yesterday, I switched my pick in the FF survivor pool from Pittsburgh to New England. 

About 28 hours ago, I looked pretty damn smart. Now... 🤡

You were sweating either way ... both games came down to the last play.

Could have gone from 22 to 4 ... but no, just down to 21.

I cannot get any breaks.

9 hours ago, Woz said:

... and Washington picks 5th so ... yay?

As of right now, yes but that could be higher by the end of the season and probably will be as I’m not sure we win another game except vs the Cowboys... maybe but if they play at home how they did vs the Steelers we won’t beat them either.

And isn’t this what we want? I sense sarcasm in your post.

@ripsean21 I’d take Fields, Mac Jones or Lance with our top 5 pick and then take Kellen Mond (TX A&M), Sam Ellingher (TX), Brock Purdy (IA St), Ian Book (ND), Desmond Rider (Cinn), Tanner Morgan (Minn) or D King (Miami) in the 4th round or later.

Does that sound like something you’d do?

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

@ripsean21 I’d take Fields, Mac Jones or Lance with our top 5 pick and then take Kellen Mond (TX A&M), Sam Ellingher (TX), Brock Purdy (IA St), Ian Book (ND), Desmond Rider (Cinn), Tanner Morgan (Minn) or D King (Miami) in the 4th round or later.

Does that sound like something you’d do?

I don't know if I could hate that idea more than I do. I don't want any of those three in the 1st, nor do I want any of those 7 in the 4th. King I am starting to come around on, but I think he goes sooner than I would want. 

29 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I don't know if I could hate that idea more than I do. I don't want any of those three in the 1st, nor do I want any of those 7 in the 4th. King I am starting to come around on, but I think he goes sooner than I would want. 

Well if we’re not taking one of those 3 QBs with our top 5 pick what are we doing at QB for our future?

Are we trotting out Alex Smith, Kyle Allen, Dwayne Haskins or a veteran journeyman QB as our starter next year just to be at best average which will do nothing but keep us out of the top 5 once again where we won’t have the best chance to draft a franchise QB?

As for the mid to late round QBs, I did say 4th round or later. Keep in mind this is what Shanahan did with RG3 & Kirk Cousins and while most of us hated it on draft day, taking Kirk Cousins in the 4th round ended up being one of Mike Shanahan’s best draft picks outside of Trent Williams, Ryan Kerrigan, Jordan Reed and Alfred Morris.

Edited by turtle28

25 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Well if we’re not taking one of those 3 QBs with our top 5 pick what are we doing at QB for our future?

I don't know. I just don't want to draft Mac that early or get Lance or Fields tbh. We might just be back where we started in 2022. Like 2018 to now. 

25 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Are we trotting out Alex Smith, Kyle Allen, Dwayne Haskins or a veteran journeyman QB as our starter next year just to be at best average which will do nothing but keep us out of the top 5 once again where we won’t have the best chance to draft a franchise QB?

You said average at best. We could just still be dog poo like we have been.