2021 NFL Draft Thread

If you guys that like Wilson have been watching a lot of BYU games, you must be seeing the RB Allgeier. I think he’s gonna play in the NFL. Converted LB, really raw as a RB — but he’s 220 and has a heck of a burst. Obviously you don’t want to throw around comps like Raheem Mostert for any thick RB who can run, but that kid has some juice.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, e16bball said:

If you guys that like Wilson have been watching a lot of BYU games, you must be seeing the RB Allgeier. I think he’s gonna play in the NFL. Converted LB, really raw as a RB — but he’s 220 and has a heck of a burst. Obviously you don’t want to throw around comps like Raheem Mostert for any thick RB who can run, but that kid has some juice.

Oh yes oh yeah that guy is a beast!!!

Different topic though; Man Howell next year that guy really has top pick placement on his throws. I don’t think he’s as natural of a athlete as good as he moves to pass he’s just not the runner types that are getting the love. I was wondering what you’ve seen because you really break these guys down I don’t know what you’ve seen of him but I do feel like I’ve caught his rougher outings and his good games he’s got what you want especially within the pocket

Edited by ripsean21

13 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

Wilson for the win! Take Oline in the first

package our 2nd and the 3rd from San Fran and move up for wilson

Honestly I am hoping he doesn’t play himself out of that type of option. He does have a slighter frame so that could benefit us. He caught me last year but I swear I mixed him up and thought he was a freshman last year. I think with last season and then really building off that this season I think he declares even with Fields Lawrence and Lance. I could see a scenario where Lance is the 4th QB taken and I know he’s a one year but that guy is way to talented for us to not be the team looking like gold if he’s there and we run off some wins and pick around 10. 

but as you said man that would be a dream getting a Mayfield or The best OL prospect with basically the mix and match options and names at the top. Then to jump back for a Wilson would be huge. Personally I like Wilson and Lance’s games for this staff moreso then Lawrence and Fields. Those guys are going to beast out but I just feel like Lance has that young Cam game. Wilson just has IT!!! That guy just makes any throw from any position and he just flashes off the screen.

On 11/6/2020 at 12:41 PM, MKnight82 said:

The league seems to be shifting towards athletic QBs, or at least QBs that can throw on the move.  That is another reason why the Haskins pick was so terrible.  

Yeah you can just tell the offenses around the league with guys who are not natural athletes are just not having the early success like the Herberts and Burrows. Being a natural athlete isn’t about being fast. But when you see guys who can just flow and draw in defenders and either take off or just drop a ball to a guy sitting in a zone. It’s hard to defend those guys.

this years class reminds me of 2012. 
Lawrence - Luck. And that’s not my comp because Lawrence has had a Watson/ Tebow Type career But his NFL prospects are considered can’t miss even with the personality concerns.

Fields- RG. RG had a much more natural arm where he could fling it with crazy zip without much windup and fallowthrough. Fields has a windup IMO. Both have the wheels defenses are going to hate. 

Trey Lance - Tannehill just not the film and expirence of the others but natural athlete huge size big arm needs refinement as a pocket, touch passing, and just certain fundemental things but flashes. I think Lance has alittle more hype because his legs are amazing especially when he’s a huge dude on the move with cut and strength. But watching your franchise guy drop his shoulder will turn GM/coaches off.

Zach Wilson- Russell. Now hear me out on this Zach is not the runner but he moves amazing and he is taller but he just has that magic. Always looking to throw and he’s just hard to defend. Doesn’t take hits he doesn’t need too and he has that pocket feel to just scoot or move away from the rush. I know Russell went late and had height things and not the career Wilson is in college but it’s just so hard to watch Zach and just be like man this guy just plays with such confidence and puts the ball on his guys almost forces them to make these plays with his trust. I’ve been working this guy and my notes on him last year was Wildcard. And he’s doing his thing. I think this class blows up come draft time. Also Wilson I’m sure is a first lock unless he just crumbles from this point on

Arizona ST really has talent and they are NFL type physical. They are t gonna light up scoreboards but they have tough defenders RB’s. USC’s FS 21 man that guy can play box blitz and range and instincts on the back end. I’m not even going to try to spell his name because I can’t pronounce it but he’s a gamer. He and Bubba Boldin are shining at FS

• Like 1

Trask is a Jag QB but Pitts can block this guy is amazing!!! He is light years ahead of Friermoth as a receiver. I think Pat is a better blocker a thicker frame but Pitts is a matchup nightmare at 6’6”. He can jump man this guy is going to be amazing in the NFL

Edited by ripsean21

10 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Trask is a Jag QB but Pitts can block this guy is amazing!!! He is light years ahead of Friermoth as a receiver. I think Pat is a better blocker a thicker frame but Pitts is a matchup nightmare at 6’6”. He can jump man this guy is going to be amazing in the NFL

I'm almost to the point if we picking 10th or later I'd be okay with picking Pitts that early

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

I'm almost to the point if we picking 10th or later I'd be okay with picking Pitts that early

Okay as I typed that he got a Jordan Reed level concussion and I don't want to put that bad Juju on anyone so I take it back

8 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

Okay as I typed that he got a Jordan Reed level concussion and I don't want to put that bad Juju on anyone so I take it back

Yeah I saw that hit that just man prayers for that guy he’s an amazing player it sucks seeing him miss time!!!

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

That was actually a good game that he chose to break down because of the few cute plays as he described them as that didn’t work. In other games he does crazy pitches that were working and better timed I think after this game they coached a few of his cute plays into the plan and they turned out way better. Not being a fan boy saying that but I’m glad he broke that down I saw this and was saying those things watching it. A few times he was over analyzing his decisions because he was simply looking where he was and saw the open man elsewhere. But good breakdown the guy has a lot to work with. He def believes in his arm but you can see study and timing with his guys!! So clearly he works his tail off

10 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

That was actually a good game that he chose to break down because of the few cute plays as he described them as that didn’t work. In other games he does crazy pitches that were working and better timed I think after this game they coached a few of his cute plays into the plan and they turned out way better. Not being a fan boy saying that but I’m glad he broke that down I saw this and was saying those things watching it. A few times he was over analyzing his decisions because he was simply looking where he was and saw the open man elsewhere. But good breakdown the guy has a lot to work with. He def believes in his arm but you can see study and timing with his guys!! So clearly he works his tail off

I think he has a lot of potential, he kind of reminds me of Drew Lock. He and Trask are in the same range to me. Mid/late first and possibly an early 2nd round pick.