GDT 2017: Week 5 - Ravens @ Raiders

drd23

This is clearly the kind of football we’re supposed to play. Effective running game and letting Flacco take a few shots down the field. This, combined with solid defensive performances, should be gameplan throughout the season.

A gameball goes to coach Roman!

On 10/5/2017 at 10:35 PM, RavensfanRD said:

Until I see us do it on the road outside again I got this as an L. I just don't trust our O-line and Flacco seems to be pressing and antsy. But he isn't going to throw a pick this game.

#called

50 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Most important part of this game, Joe Flacco FINALLY broke his streak of 10 straight games with an interception. Welcome back franchise.

And your winning lottery numbers are... 

Nevermind the fact I said it was going to be an L. LOL

I had to work through all the games today. Good to see a win against an AFC opponent, especially when the Steelers lost to the other team besides them that beat the Ravens.

How did Eluemunor look after Skura went out? He's one of the biggest wildcards/projects on the team and him having to play early isn't great... unless he's handling it well. 

1 hour ago, wackywabbit said:

He's done for the season with his MCL tear.

ok damn didn't know it was a season ender, im all in on the alex collins train

19 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

I had to work through all the games today. Good to see a win against an AFC opponent, especially when the Steelers lost to the other team besides them that beat the Ravens.

How did Eluemunor look after Skura went out? He's one of the biggest wildcards/projects on the team and him having to play early isn't great... unless he's handling it well. 

he didn't look terrible from what i saw.

5 hours ago, coordinator0 said:

Was put in a "perfect" situation, where the dline was tired and they missed a couple of pieces. Managed to turn his man away from the play, but didn't really get any push. I couldn't figure out if it was a strength or leverage issue.

Just a couple of notes from yesterday that I noticed:

Dean Pees really has to stop blitzing and giving a 10 yard cushion to WR's. It's just pointless. Unless you effectively disguise that you're even blitzing in the first place, any QB, even EJ Manuel, will just audible to a quick throw and take the 10 yards or whatever you get.

Eric Weddle missed several tackles in the run game that led to big runs for Jalen Richard and Marshawn Lynch.

CJ Mosley was about 3 seconds too late to react to Marshawn coming through the hole at him on Lynch's touchdown run.

I will never understand how on some drives we can get WR's open instantly for easy throws and first downs, and then go 4 straight drives or whatever without moving the ball at all. Also, the conservative playcalling in the 3rd quarter would've cost us that game if we weren't playing EJ Manuel.

Overall it was a pleasing game to watch. We beat them down in the run game, took care of Khalil Mack's pass rush with double teams, and moved the ball on offense and basically did we should've done. On defense I wasn't satisfied with what we did against Manuel, but it was enough to beat him. We won a game which we should have won, which is great. It'd be nice if the offense could continue this rhythm.

Archived