Dak suffers compound fracture, out for season

D82

1 hour ago, Northland said:

For all my posturing Dave,I think Dak has played his last game in Dallas.  It will be difficult for the club to franchise him again to the tune of $38 million  given the severity of his injury and the impact it may have on his game.  As big of a fan of Dak as I am I don't know if I would take that risk.  I think Dallas will gamble that some QB starved franchise will take a flyer on Dak, and they will let him walk with compensation.  That's business.   If that happens I will wish him well.

I think the larger issue is we have to get smarter at handing out lucrative deals to players who have had one good season.  Said players get the deal and then production magically, mysteriously disappears - Smith, Crawford, Lawrence.  We have to get more ruthless about walking away from quality players who are injury prone.  We have to recognize talent and reward it.  We need to take look at the model franchise in this recent era and ask what would Belichick do?  Answer and follow through.

Cheers,

Well said North. And I too am a big fan of  Prescott. I do believe Jerry will make him a fair, good faith offer, but it will not be what Dak wanted.

I think the choice will be Dak's to leave or stay.

I hope he makes the choice that is best for him.

I think he has the talent to lead us to a title, he certainley has the weapons.

Just no defense, so I dont think him getting injured for the season is the worst thing that could have happened.

It gives a great draft class a chance for reps while he heals. 

If he does leave, then we have a big void to fill.

Do we go via draft? FA? In house?

Time will tell.

3 hours ago, D82 said:

He's still gonna get money, someone will pay him

But he aint gonna get 40/per year with term and 100 guaranteed like he probably planned on coming out of this season after playing on the tag

Jerry would be wise to offer him the same 5/175 and tweak the injury guarantees somewhat in case the ankle is a long term problem and Dak would be wise to sign it

Assuming of course Dalton doesn't just ball out and prove than anyone can put up huge numbers with this offense

Edited by TheGame316

12 hours ago, D82 said:

Could have sworn I saw someone say Dak wasn’t accurate...

@Runaway Jim

Nobody throws a more accurate ball on a 5 yard checkdown on 3rd and 8

How wide is the window considered on "Accurrate"?

When Amari has to make a amazing 1 handed catch when he's open on a post route, does that count as accurate?

When the Receiver is streaking across the formation and has to slow up to catch the pass (then get tackled immediately instead of catching in stride) does that count as accurate?

When the ball is behind a guy, but he still manages to get a hand on it in desperation, is that accurate?

What are the Metrics for "Accuracy above expected"? If Dak's this accurate why don't we just throw on every down (because I read somewhere that the running game doesn't matter anyways) and just score a TD on every drive. We wouldn't even need a defense

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheGame316 said:

Nobody throws a more accurate ball on a 5 yard checkdown on 3rd and 8

How wide is the window considered on "Accurrate"?

When Amari has to make a amazing 1 handed catch when he's open on a post route, does that count as accurate?

When the Receiver is streaking across the formation and has to slow up to catch the pass (then get tackled immediately instead of catching in stride) does that count as accurate?

When the ball is behind a guy, but he still manages to get a hand on it in desperation, is that accurate?

What are the Metrics for "Accuracy above expected"? If Dak's this accurate why don't we just throw on every down (because I read somewhere that the running game doesn't matter anyways) and just score a TD on every drive. We wouldn't even need a defense

Do you watch other QBs?