Jump to content
Titans fan 617

GDT: Texans (1-4) at Titans (4-0)

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Looking back at the game they beat us last year (the rested most starters in the game we won) and the biggest reason they won is now playing for the Arizona Cardinals.

I like Watson a lot, but man are they so much less terrifying without Hopkins. Fuller is a dangerous wide receiver, but he worked so well as a complimentary threat to Hopkins. BOB must have felt ridiculously secure in his job to deal away an elite receiver that has served as the safety blanket for his young, franchise QB for his entire career over a personal beef.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I like Watson a lot, but man are they so much less terrifying without Hopkins. Fuller is a dangerous wide receiver, but he worked so well as a complimentary threat to Hopkins. BOB must have felt ridiculously secure in his job to deal away an elite receiver that has served as the safety blanket for his young, franchise QB for his entire career over a personal beef.

i dunno, even without hopkins i’d feel a hell of a lot better if we had adoree out there. cooks and fuller are a nightmare mismatch for our slow-as-molasses corners.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i dunno, even without hopkins i’d feel a hell of a lot better if we had adoree out there. cooks and fuller are a nightmare mismatch for our slow-as-molasses corners.

Depends how we attack it. If we insist on Joseph staying outside, it’ll be tough. Butler and Fulton can both keep up and Byard obviously has a ton of range.

Though yeah, I’ll feel a lot more comfortable once we have Adoree back. I’m just glad to hear he was at practice, was concerned that he had a secretly torn ACL.

Their offensive line is also bad. We can pretty safely use a fairly similar plan of attack that we did against the Bills and constantly show pressure but drop seven into coverage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You’ll be seeing a similar attack against the Texans as we did vs the Bills I’d imagine 

With Simmons back hopefully we start turning these pressures into sacks

You would think this is the game Clowney finally gets to the QB I’m sure he is motivated by playing the Texans for the first time 

In worried about Houston’s weapons too but if Corey Davis gets cleared tomorrow and we have a full set of receivers the Titans offense is going to be hard to keep up with 

Anyone realize Jonnu Smith already has 5 receiving TDs?

When’s the last time a Titans player had 5 receiving TDs in the first 4 games?

But this game more than any other opponent we have played so far feels like the game Henry goes off for some big runs and the Titans dictate the clock 

I’m not taking the Texans lightly regardless of their situation 

Its one of those games that flukey things could happen and change the game if the Titans don’t focus like last year with the Firkser drop that turned into a Texans INT going the other way 

Titans are still focused they are playing to the identity of Vrabel

They have a chip on their shoulder too

Titans now they need to win the South this year and I’m sure the Titans will come out ready to play even on the short week 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw a graph and we were above average in pass rush win rate (I don't know who keeps track of that statistic) even though we seem to struggle to get sacks. I think a lot of our problems haven't been lack of pressure, but lack of securing the tackle. 

We also seem to play coverage a lot and rush 3-4 rather than blitzing, which I have always hated, but I'm starting to wonder if there's something to that against teams that want to spread the field. We're seeing a lot more of concepts that we used to see only in college and CBs are seeming more important against those offenses than they were against traditional offenses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TitanSS said:

I saw a graph and we were above average in pass rush win rate (I don't know who keeps track of that statistic) even though we seem to struggle to get sacks. I think a lot of our problems haven't been lack of pressure, but lack of securing the tackle. 

We also seem to play coverage a lot and rush 3-4 rather than blitzing, which I have always hated, but I'm starting to wonder if there's something to that against teams that want to spread the field. We're seeing a lot more of concepts that we used to see only in college and CBs are seeming more important against those offenses than they were against traditional offenses.

I haven't been able to watch any of the games until the 2nd half of this weeks, but I did notice it seemed like quite a few times where we got to Allen, but he was able to break the tackle attempt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, titans0021 said:

Depends how we attack it. If we insist on Joseph staying outside, it’ll be tough. Butler and Fulton can both keep up and Byard obviously has a ton of range.

Though yeah, I’ll feel a lot more comfortable once we have Adoree back. I’m just glad to hear he was at practice, was concerned that he had a secretly torn ACL.

Their offensive line is also bad. We can pretty safely use a fairly similar plan of attack that we did against the Bills and constantly show pressure but drop seven into coverage.

Butler can’t keep up with cooks nor fuller he has tight hips & cant recover when beating unless he’s covering a possession WR’’s I think we play a lot of 3 safety looks cover 2  & rush 3 & keep everything in front try to force them to take the underneath 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we know this is a trap game. The team does as well so we will be ready. Big Jeff is back and our slot/3rd down guy is back in hump.

I feel good about this one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm always so excited when 3 o'clock comes around to see who is coming off the covid list today lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Justin615$ said:

I'm always so excited when 3 o'clock comes around to see who is coming off the covid list today lol

Today would have to be Corey Davis you would think

Im hoping Davis can get ready to play Sunday though 

Sunday is more important than the Pittsburgh game 

We need to keep winning the division games 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Today would have to be Corey Davis you would think

Im hoping Davis can get ready to play Sunday though 

Sunday is more important than the Pittsburgh game 

We need to keep winning the division games 

 

Corey tested positives four days after Simmons, I can’t imagine he’s off the list today/plays Sunday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No word on Corey, so that should rule him out for Houston, as expected. Would like to think the offense should be fine without him this week, obviously he’ll be needed for Pittsburgh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should have all hands on deck(hopefully with Adoree) come the Pittsburgh game. Need to take care of business this game and get our 2nd divisional win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Should have all hands on deck(hopefully with Adoree) come the Pittsburgh game. Need to take care of business this game and get our 2nd divisional win.

I’m just so not used to getting off to a hot start. Obviously, the expectations are higher at this point, but it just hit me that we only need to go 6-6 the rest of the way to get to double-digit wins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

I’m just so not used to getting off to a hot start. Obviously, the expectations are higher at this point, but it just hit me that we only need to go 6-6 the rest of the way to get to double-digit wins.

Pretty amazing considering the circumstances. I think if they handle business the next 2 weeks, there’s a good chance to start 8-0. Bengals are the Bengals and the Bears to me are the least terrifying 4-1 team in history. Obviously getting ahead of myself but it’s certainly possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...