GDT: Texans (1-4) at Titans (4-0)

Titans fan 617

this feels like a massive trap game. coming off an emotional, dominating win over a previously undefeated team and now playing a team that is struggling but has new energy after firing their crappy coach and that we have not matched up well with in recent history. 

3 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

this feels like a massive trap game. coming off an emotional, dominating win over a previously undefeated team and now playing a team that is struggling but has new energy after firing their crappy coach and that we have not matched up well with in recent history. 

I’m constantly trying to remind myself that we aren’t the same old Titans but yeah, just like last week, I head into this game pretty nervous. 

Getting Simmons back is big though. Our edge rushers were fine against Buffalo, Allen was just constantly able to step up and break the pocket because we had no interior push. Facing a far worse Houston line with Simmons, you’d like to think we could control the LOS.

48 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

We've run 16 toss plays to Henry in four games. They’ve gained 19 yards. Not sure we need to be running them four times a game.

Some of those plays looked promising as I saw them start and Henry seemed to be running right not hesitating but man they were blown up quick.  I don’t know if we are doing it just to keep the edge honest but yeah they didn’t work well against the Bills at all

i am thrilled to be Simmons back.

We may lose this, but I don’t think it’s because it’s a trap game. Vrabel and company have been preaching about taking that next step and winning the division/hosting a playoff game. Winning this not only makes us 2-0 in the division but it’ll also pretty much knock a division rival out of the race.

Don’t believe Vrabel will have these guys overlooking that aspect at all.

Division match ups are always going to be tough. We all know each other too well.

I'm convinced, though, that we're no longer the 'same old titans.' This team is just so damn focused and locked in. We may lose Sunday, but I don't think it'll be an indictment on who we are as a team if we do.