GDT 10/18/20 Week 6: 4-1 Baltimore Ravens @ 1-3-1 Philadelphia Eagles

diamondbull424

Just now, diamondbull424 said:

If only there was a thumbs down for rep points on this forum. This would deserve the full brunt of a fan wanting the team to lose.

I'll gladly take on the role of villain then. They deserve to lose this game. We can't pretend everything is hunky dory. We're not going to beat good teams of we continue to play the way we are. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

I'll gladly take on the role of villain then. They deserve to lose this game. We can't pretend everything is hunky dory. We're not going to beat good teams of we continue to play the way we are. 

Hopefully this close shave against a team we should have beat by 2 TDs will be enough of a wake up call

• Like 1

Just now, drd23 said:

Hopefully this close shave against a team we should have beat by 2 TDs will be enough of a wake up call

Let's hope. 

A bye week will do us some good. With the trade deadline coming in 2 weeks. It's imperative that we get our guy this week if a team will allow it. Get them as many practice reps as possibly. Especially if it's a receiver. 

My wish list is is Julio or Marvin Jones. Also Ryan Kerrigan for a pass rusher. 

1 minute ago, baltimoreRebel said:

This team was playing around with the Eagles. This team has not played as terrible as it seems. The defense was in good position plenty of times in this second half but the ball simply didn’t bounce their way. Nothing more.

On offense, the OL was penalized at an unbelievable rate for innocuous plays. Refs aren’t typically so anal for OL splits.

Combine that with the uneven officiating our defense saw against the Eagles in holds? There was clearly some home cooking on that front.

This team largely dominated Philly outside of a few bailouts by refs and lucky plays. The Ravens didn’t “deserve” to lose anything.

Theres a stark difference between needing to tighten up execution and deserving to lose to a team that they outperformed in the game.

2 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

This team was playing around with the Eagles. This team has not played as terrible as it seems. The defense was in good position plenty of times in this second half but the ball simply didn’t bounce their way. Nothing more.

On offense, the OL was penalized at an unbelievable rate for innocuous plays. Refs aren’t typically so anal for OL splits.

Combine that with the uneven officiating our defense saw against the Eagles in holds? There was clearly some home cooking on that front.

This team largely dominated Philly outside of a few bailouts by refs and lucky plays. The Ravens didn’t “deserve” to lose anything.

Theres a stark difference between needing to tighten up execution and deserving to lose to a team that they outperformed in the game.

I feel like we do this every week. We make up excuses and say "oh, well we're just passing alot to try and find our rhythm, we're using it as practice"

You bring up very valid points. I just don't like the fact that we let teams like this hang around. 

You're onto something when you talk about execution. Mainly dropping easy picks that would've meant we wouldn't have been in the position we were in the final minutes.