GDT 10/18/20 Week 6: 4-1 Baltimore Ravens @ 1-3-1 Philadelphia Eagles

diamondbull424

53 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

I'm not sure if it's just me, but it feels like teams are daring us to run up the middle with Lamar this year.

I think it's more that they are focused on taking away the off-tackle sprint that was the easiest first down play in the league last year. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

I think it's more that they are focused on taking away the off-tackle sprint that was the easiest first down play in the league last year. 

That's part of it. They're focusing a lot more taking the edge away this year.

Does anyone here NFL Game Rewind or access to the All-22? If so, can you please send a screenshot or a gif or something of the 3rd down play we ran late in the game (I believe it was the drive that took 27 seconds late in the 4th before we punted back to Wentz)? It's the crux of my argument about what is wrong with our passing game.

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Does anyone here NFL Game Rewind or access to the All-22? If so, can you please send a screenshot or a gif or something of the 3rd down play we ran late in the game (I believe it was the drive that took 27 seconds late in the 4th before we punted back to Wentz)? It's the crux of my argument about what is wrong with our passing game.

I know the play and am watching it on rewind but am too incompetent to post screen shots. Here is a description:

Duvernay lined up outside L
Snead lined up slot L
Gus in backfield
Andrews lined up slot R
Brown lined up outside R

Eagles rush 4, play man with single high S who drifts to side of Brown/Andrews after snap. One LB doubles Andrews. 

Brown and Duvernay run comebacks, completely blanketed by CBs. Gus helps blocking, gets bumped backward, has route delayed. Andrews runs an out, completely blanketed. Snead runs up the seam. Snead was the only WR who could be thrown to. Lamar has a good pocket, but abandons it by running out of the pocket and throws it away. 

IMO part of the issue is that the Eagles CBs had no fear at all the Ravens would throw deep, so they could sit at the sticks and take away the comebacks. If Lamar never threatens to throw it deep down the sideline, it makes it easy to defend those outside WRs.

Another issue is that there are no slower developing routes like crossing routes where Lamar can wait to see how the route develops after progressing past his first couple reads. There are no rubs that put defenders in a tough spot. 

• Like 2

Can you just like Windows + Shift + S screenshot it, then save it and upload via imgur then link it here? @AngusMcFife Literally just the All-22 or whatever from the top of the play where Lamar starts to scramble.

The reason I wanna use this screenshot is to highlight how easy it is to play defense on us right now when we have to just straight up drop back and pass. On this play, there was no snap motion, no cross routes, no man beaters, nothing. Just curls and a seam route. I don't know what anyone could expect Lamar to do there.

1 hour ago, AngusMcFife said:

I know the play and am watching it on rewind but am too incompetent to post screen shots. Here is a description:

Duvernay lined up outside L
Snead lined up slot L
Gus in backfield
Andrews lined up slot R
Brown lined up outside R

Eagles rush 4, play man with single high S who drifts to side of Brown/Andrews after snap. One LB doubles Andrews. 

Brown and Duvernay run comebacks, completely blanketed by CBs. Gus helps blocking, gets bumped backward, has route delayed. Andrews runs an out, completely blanketed. Snead runs up the seam. Snead was the only WR who could be thrown to. Lamar has a good pocket, but abandons it by running out of the pocket and throws it away. 

IMO part of the issue is that the Eagles CBs had no fear at all the Ravens would throw deep, so they could sit at the sticks and take away the comebacks. If Lamar never threatens to throw it deep down the sideline, it makes it easy to defend those outside WRs.

Another issue is that there are no slower developing routes like crossing routes where Lamar can wait to see how the route develops after progressing past his first couple reads. There are no rubs that put defenders in a tough spot. 

On top of the bad play design it was also frustrating that Lamar didn't just slide down inbounds and take the loss of 5 or whatever it would have been instead of throwing the ball away. Would have at least forced the Eagles to burn their last timeout to stop the clock. Bad situational awareness. 

• Like 1

Anytime we can't establish ourselves vertically/deep early, it's probably going to be a longer day on offense. 

Really seems like we keep giving defenses free passes against us. What would Andry Reid or Kyle Shanahan do with Mark Andrews, Marquise Brown, and Devin Duvernay? Yet Roman is focused on scripting rollouts with Boyle and Boykin as the primary reads.

9 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Anytime we can't establish ourselves vertically/deep early, it's probably going to be a longer day on offense. 

Really seems like we keep giving defenses free passes against us. What would Andry Reid or Kyle Shanahan do with Mark Andrews, Marquise Brown, and Devin Duvernay? Yet Roman is focused on scripting rollouts with Boyle and Boykin as the primary reads.

I die every time Lamar fakes the hand off with his back to the weak side, then rolls out to Ricard or Boyle in the flat with a free guy running at him.

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Can you just like Windows + Shift + S screenshot it, then save it and upload via imgur then link it here? @AngusMcFife Literally just the All-22 or whatever from the top of the play where Lamar starts to scramble.

The reason I wanna use this screenshot is to highlight how easy it is to play defense on us right now when we have to just straight up drop back and pass. On this play, there was no snap motion, no cross routes, no man beaters, nothing. Just curls and a seam route. I don't know what anyone could expect Lamar to do there.

https://imgur.com/EJp7ekB

https://imgur.com/RLPAaG3

Not sure this is working. I'm trying my best here. 

• Like 1

Lol so Chase Claypool is looking like Calvin Johnson reincarnated after 6 weeks while Miles Boykin in year 2 literally doesn't even know what routes he's running on the field. 

It's been said a million times but we need to completely change how we scout and develop WR's. Feels like EDC is as hopeless as Ozzie was in this regard.