Week 6 GDT: WTF Team at NYG. Ugh, why?

turtle28

22 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Define a lot of talent?

Don’t you think if he had a lot of talent that either of the last two offensive coaching staffs would have started him? He has natural ability and size but his route running isn’t where it needs to be.

Look at the 2-pt conversion above, he gives the corner no moves to separate before heading towards the corner and then when he’s not open he just kind of stands there for a second before working towards the pylon but he didn’t give a hard break towards the pylon.

He needs to be more crisp, he needs to be able to separate off of fakes he gives while running his routes. I’m not seeing that.

Now, on a go route w/ no safety over the top, he can do that as he did on the TD catch.

I think he has a lot of natural ability. I don’t think he’s a burner by any means but he can catch and he seems to make plays whenever they put him on the field. He’s great at going up and getting the ball. I think we’ll start to see him get more playing time as the season progresses. I think he could be a 700 yard 5 TD guy. 

3 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I think he has a lot of natural ability. I don’t think he’s a burner by any means but he can catch and he seems to make plays whenever they put him on the field. He’s great at going up and getting the ball. I think we’ll start to see him get more playing time as the season progresses. I think he could be a 700 yard 5 TD guy. 

When did we see that other than yesterday for one catch on a go route and in the preseason in 2018 & 2019 vs corners who didn’t make NFL rosters?

I get the hope - I’ve hoped it would be true for 2.5 years - but still believing Cam Sims is anything more than a #4 or 5 WR in this league is where I scratch my head. He has not shown that other than preseason vs nobodies & for one catch yesterday.

Also, from what I saw he bobbled the ball in the endzone on the TD catch, it wasn’t a clean catch to me. I’m not sure he has the most consistent hands, remember he had drop issues last preseason.

23 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

That’s not how I expected rushing and passing to be

Our rushing defense was awful vs the Ravens basically bc of Lamar’s one run & vs the Browns. That’s skewed our stats for the season.

The passing yards can be deceiving IMO bc of both the sacks we’ve gotten and bc our offensive turnovers have given the opposing offenses short fields. We’ve given up a lot of points bc of offensive turnovers too but our defense should’ve held some of those TDs to FGs.

It’s the job of the defense to hold an opposing offense to a field goal after a bad turnover. If we had done that vs the Browns, we probably win that game despite Dwayne’s two ints on Washington’s side of the field.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/team/_/view/defense

Edited by turtle28

On 10/18/2020 at 11:43 PM, PARROTHEAD said:

Ah. The Sack/Fumble... 2 things Chase Young did nothing of the sorts of himself as contribution to this loss. And against the 28th ranked OL at that.

Never mentioned Chase Young or the defense at all. They definitely didn't help win the game.

On 10/18/2020 at 11:43 PM, PARROTHEAD said:

But it seems Kyle is expected to carry 100% of the blame.

1. He threw an interception earlier in the game which set up the defense for a short field and a score. He also had the sack/fumble. So, two plays set up the Giants for 14 of their 20 points.
  2. The only reason was that he was made the starter was because Rivera thought the division title was their for the grabbing. So, it's 70% Rivera's fault and 30% for Allen.

On 10/19/2020 at 11:21 AM, RSkinGM said:

I won't be all that shocked if Haskins starts against the Giants after we lose to the 'Girls and have a bye week .

If they're making a switch, they're going to Alex Smith. Book it.

20 minutes ago, Woz said:

Never mentioned Chase Young or the defense at all. They definitely didn't help win the game.

1. He threw an interception earlier in the game which set up the defense for a short field and a score. He also had the sack/fumble. So, two plays set up the Giants for 14 of their 20 points.
  2. The only reason was that he was made the starter was because Rivera thought the division title was their for the grabbing. So, it's 70% Rivera's fault and 30% for Allen.

But Chase not getting a fumble/sack. Not getting any 3rd down sacks on Giant scoring drives. Not causing any fumbles recovered by the team. Generally not getting near the qb at all that game. Cost us the game. He didnt do his job. That cost us the game 100%.

I was bringing up Chase because things can be spun to sound like its anyones fault. When its EVERYONES. Its the whole team, staff and all that sucks. Not 1 thing in particular.

1 hour ago, PARROTHEAD said:

But Chase not getting a fumble/sack. Not getting any 3rd down sacks on Giant scoring drives. Not causing any fumbles recovered by the team. Generally not getting near the qb at all that game. Cost us the game. He didnt do his job. That cost us the game 100%.

I was bringing up Chase because things can be spun to sound like its anyones fault. When its EVERYONES. Its the whole team, staff and all that sucks. Not 1 thing in particular.

Three weeks ago, it was all Haskins fault. Just trying to keep it consistent.