Boston Celtics Thread

Deadpulse

4 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Defense. He was ranked sub 50 in defensive +/- last season and defensive rating. Pairing him and Kyrie in the BG like @DoleINGout suggest a post or so ago would be disastrous 

Defense can be improved with the right players and the right system one thing coach Brad Stevens has always been very solid with is his defensive rotations so that wouldn't wo4ry me

Edited by resilient part 2

19 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Defense. He was ranked sub 50 in defensive +/- last season and defensive rating. Pairing him and Kyrie in the BG like @DoleINGout suggest a post or so ago would be disastrous 

There are a number of other point guards I like more than Irving based on contract value and durability, but I put Irving in at last because of the cap rules. I think since Irving is on currently on the team he is more affordable in the grand scheme somehow than a D'Angelo Russell or Kemba Walker. Doesn't a re-signing situation open up some other cap eligibility rules or stipulations for re-signing other free agents? I'm very confused by the NBA cap rules, but that is essentially why I listed Irving instead of a better value free agent.

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

I would agree, but everyone raves about Klay Thompsons defensive ability and he had an even lower DRPM than Beal. A lot of it is about teammates, system and self motivation. Kyrie played some good defense his first year here because Brad got him to buy in, I feel he'd have a similar impact on Beal.

Regardless, Beal is one of the best guards in the league. Good scorer, shooter, passer, rebounder. He's a really good player.

6 minutes ago, FinSting said:

Celtics gonna trade up for the #4 pick? 

That would take a lot. Brown + #14 + Memphis 1st would probably be the cost.

How about instead you trade #14 (or #20 and #22) for Conley then re-sign Horford to a 2+1 deal? That way your books clear in 2 years when Tatum's extension kicks in.

Keeps the team as a contender, they don't have to overpay Rozier for longer (who I don't like as a long-term fit next to Brown and Tatum anyways), and don't kill their assets for Beal.

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

That would take a lot. Brown + #14 + Memphis 1st would probably be the cost.

How about instead you trade #14 (or #20 and #22) for Conley then re-sign Horford to a 2+1 deal? That way your books clear in 2 years when Tatum's extension kicks in.

Keeps the team as a contender, they don't have to overpay Rozier for longer (who I don't like as a long-term fit next to Brown and Tatum anyways), and don't kill their assets for Beal.

Image result for handshake gif