Week 7 vs Chiefs

lomaxgrUK

33 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

I don’t see that here at all outside of McMahon whose units haven’t even been decent in three years. This is all about execution. Lock has been horrendous, Gordon has turned it over twice and they gave up that embarrassing KR. Can’t ask for much more on defense and they shouldn’t be having a problem moving the ball today. 

I don’t necessarily disagree but i do wonder if this coaching staff plays down to the talent on this team. Even poor execution ultimately falls on the coaching staff when it is so pervasive and relentless. Not to mention play calling on offense is still pathetic as well. 

4 minutes ago, germ-x said:

For Lock this may end up being great.  Aside from injuries, he hasn’t really faced any adversity or criticism as a starter.  He’s incredibly arrogant for a player who has accomplished nothing in the NFL.  His gunslinging/only big play type mindset took a huge hit today.  There were obviously issues throughout the team, but the lack of competitiveness in this game 100% falls on the inability of Drew Lock to play QB at an NFL level today.

Let’s see how he responds. 

I think thats a pretty good analysis bud. Until he understands moving the chains and taking whats available he can't succeed in the NFL>

I think the Broncos should look to the college well for a HC.  While the Panthers are not lighting the world on fire, they seem decent under Rich Rhule, and Kingbury, who I thought would be out in a year a half looks like the real deal.  Would Riley out of Oklahoma be a reach?  It's not that far of a drive from Norman to Denver. 

8 minutes ago, jsthomp2007 said:

Trade up for Trevor Lawrence, and get Riley as a HC...that is a great rebuild in my mind.

That may have to happen. If Lock isn't any good, and if Denver doesn't win many games, Elway may resign (new regimes mean new HC's and QB's). That could spell trouble for Joe Ellis.

2 minutes ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

That may have to happen. If Lock isn't any good, and if Denver doesn't win many games, Elway may resign (new regimes mean new HC's and QB's). That could spell trouble for Joe Ellis.

Good...the last time I quoted major overhaul on this forum, we signed Peyton Manning.

10 minutes ago, jsthomp2007 said:

Trade up for Trevor Lawrence, and get Riley as a HC...that is a great rebuild in my mind.

Lincoln Riley isn't leaving that gig for our situation.

The Jags, Jets, Giants, Wasington will likely all lose more games than us and all would take a QB at the top of the draft.

The Vikings and Falcons could do the same. Nobody is going to be able to trade up for a top QB. It was tank or bust if we wanted a top QB.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Lincoln Riley isn't leaving that gig for our situation.

The Jags, Jets, Giants, Wasington will likely all lose more games than us and all would take a QB at the top of the draft.

The Vikings and Falcons could do the same. Nobody is going to be able to trade up for a top QB. It was tank or bust if we wanted a top QB.

Bruh...we have only won two games so far.  I think culturally Fields is a better fit in NY.  I think they'd be the only real speed bump from getting Trevor.  Washington will win more because they play in the worst division in the league and we play in one of the best.  The Jags would be a wild card and the Giants just drafted Jones with a top 10 pick just a few years ago.  I think the Broncos could have a chance.  

But if you want proven commodity that might have some availability, Matt Ryan could be a great stop  gap.  I think he still looks good in the games I watch here in the ATL.  But their situation may be just as bad as ours here.  They also have truck loads of talent on the team, but their coaching is even worse than the Broncos. 

• Like 1

Denver isn’t going to play this bad every week.  If Lock would’ve missed the year there may have been a shot at getting in the top 5.

Denver isn’t getting another QB.  Lock needs to progress.  This was a terrible showing and really his first.  I hope it was a humbling experience.  I have a love/hate relationship with Lock’s personality.  I like the fact that he thinks he’s the best, but I also think he needs to tone it down until he actually accomplishes something. It’s almost as if at times he’s preoccupied with being the guy the cameras need to be on.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Denver isn’t going to play this bad every week.  If Lock would’ve missed the year there may have been a shot at getting in the top 5.

Denver isn’t getting another QB.  Lock needs to progress.  This was a terrible showing and really his first.  I hope it was a humbling experience.  I have a love/hate relationship with Lock’s personality.  I like the fact that he thinks he’s the best, but I also think he needs to tone it down until he actually accomplishes something. It’s almost as if at times he’s preoccupied with being the guy the cameras need to be on.  

We could sign Tyrod Taylor, let him start, wait for him to get hurt, then put Lock in there and he will then, and only then, will become an All-Pro

1 hour ago, lomaxgrUK said:

See above for one example.

The more I watch this the more ridiculous it is. If he's just patient, steps up because he's got a solid IOL wall, then decides to run he's got open field off Risners shoulder. That should have been a big gain, either waiting for a receiver or tucking it in and running off LG.

• Like 2