Giant Tidbits: Random team discussion & rumors

y*so*blu

Just now, minutemancl said:

Seriously! I was looking for it to post a very important piece of news. EVERYONE will practice today, per Daboll. Very good news for Adoree, Azeez, and Leo.

The big question is full vs. limited. Adoree has been limited for the past 2 weeks and still has been doubtful.

1 minute ago, minutemancl said:

The quote was Daboll is "very encouraged" by everyone participating today. That's positive!

Agreed. Even limited snaps in obvious pass situations for Adoree and Azeez is better than nothing. We need them and Leonard.

Kind of crazy that Leonard Williams, the only pro-bowler prior to this year and a former 6th overall pick, has become kind of the forgotten man on this DL. He's been fighting through injuries this year, but we all know how good he is when he's healthy (and he hasn't even been bad this year or over this injured stretch, just not as dominant as he normally is). Teams need to watch out if he is healthy going into these playoffs.

8 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Kind of crazy that Leonard Williams, the only pro-bowler prior to this year and a former 6th overall pick, has become kind of the forgotten man on this DL. He's been fighting through injuries this year, but we all know how good he is when he's healthy (and he hasn't even been bad this year or over this injured stretch, just not as dominant as he normally is). Teams need to watch out if he is healthy going into these playoffs.

I been seeing other team’s mocks where Giants cut him, I’m like wth? He’s a key part of our team even with a down season. He said his neck injury won’t be fixed until the offseason, but I’m feeling good with him having a big game this year. He’s playoff ready.

59 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Jalen Ramsey posted an extremely cryptic tweet that hints he might be done in LA.

If he is available, I'd trade anything for him. If he is released, I'd give him any amount of money. Give me a dog at CB opposite Adoree. That would completely change our defense.

Rams would take about on about $20M with a trade/cut and only get $5M back if he’s traded. Giants would need to take on a bunch of his salary, but I’ll be interested. We badly need another CB.

The last major CB trade was Slay to Eagles in 2020 for 3rd and 5th. 

Jalen himself was traded in 2019 for 2 first and a 4th.

1 minute ago, Acgott said:

Rams would take about on about $20M with a trade/cut and only get $5M back if he’s traded. Giants would need to take on a bunch of his salary, but I’ll be interested. We badly need another CB.

The last major CB trade was Slay to Eagles in 2020 for 3rd and 5th. 

Jalen himself was traded in 2019 for 2 first and a 4th.

I said this in an NFL General thread, but I'd give up our 1st and a 3rd for Ramsey, no question.

2 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I said this in an NFL General thread, but I'd give up our 1st and a 3rd for Ramsey, no question.

I hate giving up so much for 1 player. He clearly be better than what we get at those, but if something went wrong, it be tough to survive.

1 minute ago, Acgott said:

I hate giving up so much for 1 player. He clearly be better than what we get at those, but if something went wrong, it be tough to survive.

I view it as using a third round pick to ensure you hit big on your first round pick.

I don't think there is much of a risk with Ramsey if you have confidence in this coaching staff.

5 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I view it as using a third round pick to ensure you hit big on your first round pick.

I don't think there is much of a risk with Ramsey if you have confidence in this coaching staff.

We also lose about half of our available cap space, that’s before we have to give new contracts to at least Jones, Thomas, Dex, Barkley. A lot to think about.

2 minutes ago, Acgott said:

We also lose about half of our available cap space, that’s before we have to give new contracts to at least Jones, Thomas, Dex, Barkley. A lot to think about.

Those contracts will all surely be staggered, like all new contracts are, where the real big money hits a few years down the line. Andrew Thomas extension won't go into effect until 3 years from now (2023 4th year, 2024 5th year option), Dex not until 2024.

We desperately need improvement at corner, and despite what Sauce did this year, it is normally a tough position for a rookie to transition to quickly. Plus, Ramsey is a top tier CB and has been for years. It's also a premium position. I'd be ok spending that money on that player that plays that position.

18 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Those contracts will all surely be staggered, like all new contracts are, where the real big money hits a few years down the line. Andrew Thomas extension won't go into effect until 3 years from now (2023 4th year, 2024 5th year option), Dex not until 2024.

We desperately need improvement at corner, and despite what Sauce did this year, it is normally a tough position for a rookie to transition to quickly. Plus, Ramsey is a top tier CB and has been for years. It's also a premium position. I'd be ok spending that money on that player that plays that position.

I agree with everything you said. It’s definitely something we should look closely at and weigh what we are able to do in free agency to supplement our team.

• Like 1