Giant Tidbits: Random team discussion & rumors

y*so*blu

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'd rather have Mcfadden or Beavers playing next to Okereke anyway. You know what you are getting with Davis, and it isn't anything special. Better to get the young guys with some upside and athleticism the reps. That 2nd ILB position isn't an important position in Wink's defense anyway.

Is there any news on Saquon? The long term deal deadline for tagged guys is coming up really soon.

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

I'd rather have Mcfadden or Beavers playing next to Okereke anyway. You know what you are getting with Davis, and it isn't anything special. Better to get the young guys with some upside and athleticism the reps. That 2nd ILB position isn't an important position in Wink's defense anyway.

Is there any news on Saquon? The long term deal deadline for tagged guys is coming up really soon.

Agreed, still having some veteran depth would be nice.

Regarding Barkley, todays report is that we are still at a stalemate. Nothing has changed before Monday’s deadline. LPG is saying a deal will happen.

13 minutes ago, Acgott said:

Agreed, still having some veteran depth would be nice.

Regarding Barkley, todays report is that we are still at a stalemate. Nothing has changed before Monday’s deadline. LPG is saying a deal will happen.

I see a lot of people saying a deal will happen. I don't see it happening myself.

22 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I see a lot of people saying a deal will happen. I don't see it happening myself.

That be a huge gamble for Barkley. He’s been hurt in more seasons than healthy. Gambling on himself in a dead running back market. If all goes amazingly for him, he would be franchised again for just a $3M increase of his current salary. There’s just way too many factors against him.