Giant Tidbits: Random team discussion & rumors

y*so*blu

3 hours ago, Giants4eva said:

Not gonna happen. As much as we as fans think its the right thing to do, this team doesn't tank. Never has. We find ways to screw ourselves out of being just short of the draft pick we need all the time. 

Yep. I don't see them being sellers. Upper management is probably looking at that schedule and thinking they can get back to .500 and with the gauntlet of a schedule Philly has coming up they see the division is still feasibly in play.

4 hours ago, brownie man said:

What do you guys think of Jalin Hyatt long term?

To me he has dynamic deep speed and you should use him more. Is he a one trick pony type of guy or could he become a future number 1 or solid 2?

I think he’s more than a gadget player if he gets the opportunity 

He's a guy that can run all the routes and has extremely deceptive speed who SHOULD be a huge problem for defenses. Yet for some frustratingly dumb unknown reason outside the 2nd half of the Arizona game he hasn't been part of the gameplans. Tyrod showed a knack of targeting him deep in the preseason I was hopeful he would get some shots yesterday and he didn't disappoint. His role needs to be drastically expanded and Jones needs to look for him like Taylor does. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shockwave said:

He's a guy that can run all the routes and has extremely deceptive speed who SHOULD be a huge problem for defenses. Yet for some frustratingly dumb unknown reason outside the 2nd half of the Arizona game he hasn't been part of the gameplans. Tyrod showed a knack of targeting him deep in the preseason I was hopeful he would get some shots yesterday and he didn't disappoint. His role needs to be drastically expanded and Jones needs to look for him like Taylor does. 

Hyatt is getting more snaps now which is the big thing. In the past two games he has played over 70%, which is second on the team to Slayton. He was the #4 receiver through the first 4 games. Giants have rightfully benched Campbell who played 4 snaps in the past two games.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Hyatt, Wan'Dale, and Slayton have been getting the bulk of the WR snaps the last few games, and it is going to continue that way. All 3 guys are super explosive and young. 

The guy who has been MIA so far this season besides Shep has been Hodgins.  Hes been disappointing to say the least. I agree Hyatt, Wan'Dale and Slay are the guys right now for those positions. 

We need to talk about this DJ cleared for contact situation. It's shady at best. 

DJ was ruled out on Friday, but WAS cleared for contact on Sunday. We've seen the Giants take injured players all the way to game time. We did it earlier this year a week after Saquon got a high ankle sprain. Why did we rule DJ out on Friday if they knew there was a chance he could get cleared before the game on Sunday and play? You knew Devito was the backup to Tyrod if DJ was inactive. You knew you didn't trust him to throw a pass. So why rule DJ out? I only see 2 possible explanations, outside of gross incompetence: 1 you're actively tanking (possible, unlikely) or 2 you wanted to start Tyrod regardless and didn't want DJ being 2nd string because of the optics. I think 2 is most likely the case, and if it's true, start preparing for a QB in round 1 this year. 

With rumors that Adoree is unlikely to be traded today, it has me wondering if they see him as a re-sign candidate. I could see a scenario where they're willing to gamble that he doesn't command much on the open market and they bring him back. You do need a blend of youth and experience, and continuity is often undervalued in the NFL.

Personally, I would rather re-sign Adoree than Xavier McKinney. CB is a more premium position and Adoree should not command top CB $$$ like McKinney will demand top S $$$. And personally, McKinney doesn't seem to have any loyalty to the giants. I'd rather move on form him despite him being a good young player. 

15 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

We need to talk about this DJ cleared for contact situation. It's shady at best. 

DJ was ruled out on Friday, but WAS cleared for contact on Sunday. We've seen the Giants take injured players all the way to game time. We did it earlier this year a week after Saquon got a high ankle sprain. Why did we rule DJ out on Friday if they knew there was a chance he could get cleared before the game on Sunday and play? You knew Devito was the backup to Tyrod if DJ was inactive. You knew you didn't trust him to throw a pass. So why rule DJ out? I only see 2 possible explanations, outside of gross incompetence: 1 you're actively tanking (possible, unlikely) or 2 you wanted to start Tyrod regardless and didn't want DJ being 2nd string because of the optics. I think 2 is most likely the case, and if it's true, start preparing for a QB in round 1 this year. 

Maybe it was incompetence by our doctors?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN2rDjub8As

Reading between the lines, Dabs seems pissed about the situation and being told he was out on Friday only to be cleared on Sunday morning. Did the doctors not tell Dabs that he could potentially be cleared on Sunday? The whole situation is so confusing. If DJ played on Sunday though, we win that game no question.

18 minutes ago, GMENNATION said:

With rumors that Adoree is unlikely to be traded today, it has me wondering if they see him as a re-sign candidate. I could see a scenario where they're willing to gamble that he doesn't command much on the open market and they bring him back. You do need a blend of youth and experience, and continuity is often undervalued in the NFL.

Personally, I would rather re-sign Adoree than Xavier McKinney. CB is a more premium position and Adoree should not command top CB $$$ like McKinney will demand top S $$$. And personally, McKinney doesn't seem to have any loyalty to the giants. I'd rather move on form him despite him being a good young player. 

I think we move on from both. There's a reason Wink gave a FA LB the green dot over Mckinney when Wink has historically always given the comms helmet to a safety. Adoree has struggled a bit this year and Banks is clearly CB1 (and playing like it, thankfully). He will also command more money than you'd think. Both of those guys were Gettleman guys as well, and I think we look for replacements/improvements on the open market. We figure to be spenders again this year, and we really need to spend on OL in free agency this year. Draft picks aren't cutting it anymore; we've got plenty of young draft picks on the roster already across the line. We need solid, proven veterans.

Going into 2024, only LT and C are locked down. Unless there is some sort of drastic improvement in the 2nd half of this year, you can't go into 2024 with Neal penciled in as your starter at RT. It would be malpractice. So you'll have him try to take a spot at guard, but that is far from a guarantee. So you'll have Neal and Ezeudu as pieces to try to fit into the puzzle between both guard spots and RT, but those are both very questionable pieces and you are still a man short. I say do whatever you need to to secure a legit RT, resign Bredeson, and let Ezeudu/Neal/Bredeson battle it out for the guard spots.

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

He was cleared for contact, hasn’t practiced in 3 weeks and we wouldn’t know how he could take a hit. Cleared for contact, doesn’t mean cleared for game.