Giant Tidbits: Random team discussion & rumors

y*so*blu

On 9/16/2023 at 2:34 PM, Scoundrel said:

I think a big development for you guys is the ascension of Micah McFadden. Let’s see if he can keep it up but he was one of the only bright spots on the field last week.

He hasn't looked good to me, honestly. Both Bobby and Micah have looked really bad in the run game, missing gap assignments. Funnily enough, the only LB who has looked good to me is Simmons. 

That's from broadcast angle only, though, and maybe I'm putting too much emphasis on the really bad run fits he had yesterday that stick in my mind and not giving him credit for other plays, where he did well. He is a fantastic blitzer though. I wish we'd send him more.

58 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

He hasn't looked good to me, honestly. Both Bobby and Micah have looked really bad in the run game, missing gap assignments. Funnily enough, the only LB who has looked good to me is Simmons. 

That's from broadcast angle only, though, and maybe I'm putting too much emphasis on the really bad run fits he had yesterday that stick in my mind and not giving him credit for other plays, where he did well. He is a fantastic blitzer though. I wish we'd send him more.

Micah definitely didn’t play as good yesterday as the week before in the blow out loss

7 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

Some missed tackles but he was everyone tonight. Made some big plays.

I went to bed at halftime, but I saw him miss a few tackles, yelled at my tv, then he immediately made 2 TFLs. Seems like he is very boom or bust. While he apparently looked good last night, I really think his inability to run fit and his penchant for missed tackles makes him more of a liability than a playmaker right now.

40 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I went to bed at halftime, but I saw him miss a few tackles, yelled at my tv, then he immediately made 2 TFLs. Seems like he is very boom or bust. While he apparently looked good last night, I really think his inability to run fit and his penchant for missed tackles makes him more of a liability than a playmaker right now.

He had 4 TFL and knocked the ball out of McCaffreys hands at the catch point in the end zone on a route he kept up with him down the field. Saved a TD. His second half was better than the first. I think you’re too hard on him as the defense around him as a whole doesn’t look good. Maybe it’s just frustration with the way everything has looked but he had more plus plays than negative and I can’t say that for anyone else on that defense. 

• Like 2

Putting this here since it’s not specific to a single game.. Daboll has to start answering for some personnel and game decisions. Why on earth does DJ not get taken out in a game that’s out of hand? They disrespect him so much but then pay him and then disrespect him some more. It makes no sense. Same thing with Waller. Why is Waller still in there and finally getting targets when the game is out of hand? Why is someone who so obviously can’t field punts fielding punts? Why is Sterling Shepard on this team? This team is not as talented as we were led to believe but the coaching does not put them in advantageous situations. 

• Like 1

I don't know about you guys, but I've got too much going on to dedicate time to watch this awful team. I'll tune back in if/when this team actually starts playing football.

We went through years of pathetic football just recently, so this is nothing new. Why can't we just be bad though instead of pathetic? Why is it always like worst team in football level bad when we are bad?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, minutemancl said:

I don't know about you guys, but I've got too much going on to dedicate time to watch this awful team. I'll tune back in if/when this team actually starts playing football.

We went through years of pathetic football just recently, so this is nothing new. Why can't we just be bad though instead of pathetic? Why is it always like worst team in football level bad when we are bad?

Its really become tough to watch. I agree it would be one thing to be just bad, but when you see a group of guys who look hopeless and it's the same issues going on for years on end.. it makes you question a lot. 

• Like 1