Giant Tidbits: Random team discussion & rumors

y*so*blu

8 hours ago, minutemancl said:

This sets the precedent where I think you have to restructure Jones's contract just about every year now. Not that that is necessarily a bad thing; the contract the Eagles gave to Hurts was essentially just an IOU of yearly restructures 

Him, Thomas, and Dex will be doing the restructure juggle. Still plenty to work with next year if they want.

• Like 1

On 9/5/2023 at 3:27 PM, minutemancl said:

Swap Daniel Jones with Jalen Hurts. How much better/worse would the Eagles and Giants be?

That's a good question. Talent wise, they're very close. Eagles fans would laugh at this statement - but Daniel Jones has the better physical tools and I don't really think it's a debate. Taller, better arm, faster. But the reality is, none of that matters. We've seen Hurts play at an MVP level for the duration of a season. We haven't seen that from DJ, yet. I'm hopeful we'll see a similar jump from DJ this year to the one we saw from Hurts last year. I know he's capable. Obviously Jalen had farrr more talent to work with last year. But we still gotta give him his respect. As great of a teammate as DJ is, I don't know if there's a better leader in the NFL than Jalen. That team rallies behind him. So to answer your question... Hurts would do better. But with the possibility of Jones changing that this season.

14 hours ago, w4rrior723 said:

That's a good question. Talent wise, they're very close. Eagles fans would laugh at this statement - but Daniel Jones has the better physical tools and I don't really think it's a debate. Taller, better arm, faster. But the reality is, none of that matters. We've seen Hurts play at an MVP level for the duration of a season. We haven't seen that from DJ, yet. I'm hopeful we'll see a similar jump from DJ this year to the one we saw from Hurts last year. I know he's capable. Obviously Jalen had farrr more talent to work with last year. But we still gotta give him his respect. As great of a teammate as DJ is, I don't know if there's a better leader in the NFL than Jalen. That team rallies behind him. So to answer your question... Hurts would do better. But with the possibility of Jones changing that this season.

Maybe I should have phrased it differently. The Eagles as is, how many wins are they expected to have? Now replace Hurts with Jones, and how many wins do you think they would have now? Do the same with the Giants. 

I'm not sure it moves the needle all too much in either direction for any of those scenarios. The Giants are maybe a game better? Eagles maybe a game worse, if that? The game plans would not have to change much at all to accommodate the new QB either. 

In my view the Eagles would decline more then the Giants would gain. Not so much because I think Hurts is significantly more talented but just for the mere fact that their scheme is so solid and he runs it so flawlessly well. It would take Jones a season or so to get into the same groove. Where as our offensive scheme still seems to be taking shape and not nearly as dialed in Hurts would most likely match what Jones did last season. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, GMENNATION said:

How long of a leash do you think Glowinski has? Not how long of a leash do you think he should have because I think we'd all answer that the same way but what is a realistic timeframe of Daboll benching him?

I think it is shorter than the collective fanbase thinks it is. Don't forget the kind of changes the Giants made between week 1 and 2 last year. When Thomas comes back, I think Ezeudu goes to RG barring a complete turnaround from Glowinski.