Giant Tidbits: Random team discussion & rumors

y*so*blu

Just now, Acgott said:

In regards to Jones and Barkley, it comes down to contracts, but why would the Giants care if the Jets sign Jones?

Because it's a PR disaster if he ends up winning there. They actually have a balanced offensive attack especially with all the injuries they've had there. Mediocre QB play would make them a contender. Giants defense is good but not elite like NYJ.

4 minutes ago, WheatieMan said:

Because it's a PR disaster if he ends up winning there. They actually have a balanced offensive attack especially with all the injuries they've had there. Mediocre QB play would make them a contender. Giants defense is good but not elite like NYJ.

It be a few days of noise, but as long as the Giants get their guy, it’s not much of a story. The Giants are going to look completely different next year no matter what. They aren’t caring about another team, not in their conference.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, WheatieMan said:

If you have an opportunity to Hershel Walker Saquon out of here you do it. Get a first round pick or multiple seconds and thirds. You can sign Jones and give him weapons or do a total rebuild if they want to trade up for a rookie or stack additional picks.

Well, of course

I'd put my entire life savings on the Giants signing Tremaine Edmunds this offseason. It makes way, way too much sense.

I'm still not even sure if he is actually a good player, seems very hit and miss whenever I watch him, but he is without a doubt an upgrade over what we have now. We are just throwing players against the wall and seeing if anything sticks at LB. Jaylon Smith is pretty comfortably our best LB, and he was jettisoned from a bad GB defense after a week.

On 12/3/2022 at 11:58 AM, Acgott said:

It doesn't. First, anybody expecting OBJ to make an impact this season is being silly. If you're signing him it's because you believe in him for 2023/2024. The Giants have two healthy WRs under contract next year: Isiah Hodgins and Collin Johnson (Wan'Dale will probably miss 25-50% of the season). That's it. The Giants will spend $20MM on WRs for next year but it can't be for one player. 

The WR class is not great but there are some upside guys. I'm intrigued by Parris Campbell, who has had some success this year. He seems like a guy that can fit this offense. Mecole Hardman would seem like an option since Kafka would know him from his time in KC. And if you were jumping into the big fish, Allen Lazard could be an option. 

Either way, the Giants are likely signing 2 UFA WRs this offseason and to put $20MM into OBJ without seeing if he can even still create separation does not seem like a smart move for the Giants.

Odell Beckham Jr.: I don’t see the point in playing in regular season (msn.com)

Beckham was asked on The Shop during Thursday night’s game if he’s made a decision about where to play next and about whether he’s ready to get on the field.

“I haven’t made the decision,” Beckham said. “I would like to be in a stable environment. Get up 6 a.m., leave at 6 p.m. for four weeks and then let’s talk about it. I’ve played football for a long time. I’m not saying I couldn’t step in and play regular season, but I don’t see the point. I really don’t. I’d rather play when that pressure’s on.”

Not exactly the kind of work ethic we need around here, is it?

I know things look bad after being dominated by the Eagles, I just want point out that while the Commanders game is important it is not the end all be all. We still have a solid path to the playoffs. Seahawks losing to the Panthers is huge, this means the Lions will need to 4-0 and Seahawks 3-1 if we can win just two games. 

Yes we have sucked the last month  we also know why, injuries to our secondary. We should have Adoree and hopefully Xavier back for the Colts game, the Eagles should have homefield advantage when we play them the last week of the regular season, good chance their starters don't play the whole game to give us our 9th win and into the playoffs.

• Like 2

Watching Isaiah Hodgins try to track a deep ball yesterday was symbolic of how far away we are from competing. Woof. Of course, Joe Schoen didn't expect to be on his 8th WR and Schoen deserves credit by sticking to the plan of taking his medicine now. But man, there is a lot of work to do.

They needed to not have to focus too much on OL this offseason but unfortunately, it will be a focus again. Glowinski is BAD and Feliciano is obviously not a good player. Unfortunately, we didn't learn whether they can go into next season with Ezeudu locked in a LG. We'll be sitting here in August with a 3+ person battle in there. 

The Saquon dilemma is a tough one. He's obviously not getting a long-term deal from us but if we don't franchise him, it's another position where we basically have nothing. Breida is a gadget piece at best and Brightwell has had a nice few runs but he's a ST first guy.