Giant Tidbits: Random team discussion & rumors

y*so*blu

58 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Who really knows just yet.  Media is famous for misleading facts or creating a narrative before they know all of the facts.  I'm not saying he did anything wrong or not but he wasn't charged with anything.  

For all we know, the flight attendant wasn't a fan...haha.  Or maybe he took something to help with flight anxiety.  I have no idea.  I'm sure more details about it will fall into place.

I don't disagree but there are plenty of privately uploaded videos going around Twitter. Might have just innocently taken something to relax on the flight but it's the string of events that matters. I just can't see Mara going along with this again after how it ended the first time. And we know they can't really afford him anyway without restructuring Golladay.

22 hours ago, YogiBiz said:

We still discussing extending average QBs? 

Yes. We're not getting a franchise QB unless we deplete our draft picks and our roster is not good enough for that. Signing DJ does not make him the franchise QB. A 2-3 year deal makes him a bridge guy.

23 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Is Lamar realistic cap wise?

Giants currently have the 4th most cap space next season. We could  even sign Lamar this season if he was a free agent. The cap is always flexible.

He will get the exclusive franchise tag though.

I know a lot of you guys are against the possible signing of Odell but what makes me happy about it is that players are now actually looking to play for this team.  

We signed Landon Collins a few weeks back and now Odell is coming in for a visit.  Something I thought would never happen.  The shadow of Dave Gettleman in the building is now gone.  Team is moving in the right direction much faster than I thought it would.

• Like 1

Nope. Stay away. Stay far away. 

Odell Beckham Jr.’s Giants visit won’t include on-field workout (nypost.com)

Here is not what is going to happen during Odell Beckham Jr.’s visit with the Giants: any sight of him on the practice field.

Beckham is coming off a second left knee reconstruction and has not played in a game since the Super Bowl on Feb. 13. Any team interested in signing him must first know everything possible about his physical condition and determine if the second surgery to repair a twice-torn anterior cruciate ligament was more successful than the first procedure. Yet, Beckham is not planning to work out. Not for the Giants.  Not for the Bills on Friday and not for the Cowboys on Monday.

The Giants do not even know if Beckham is capable of going through a workout on the field.  If he is, he certainly would not be able to go through three workouts five days apart for three different teams.

That's what this tour is really all about. There is "considerable doubt" around the league about just how healthy Beckham is, one NFC executive said, and whether he'll really be able to contribute much this season. And that's a problem because Beckham has informed teams he's seeking a multi-year contract, that he hopes will end up being worth $20 million per year.

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nfl/giants-make-in-person-push-for-obj-but-are-cowboys-the-favorites

It just doesn’t make sense for the Giants or OBJ.

• Like 1

I have been imploring Giant fans to move on from the Gettleman era. Get rid of Jones and Barkley, or do a franchise trade up using Barkley if they can do that. You don't commit to this QB and you don't pay a RB like that with no other offense. Tank next year and get the QB in 24' latest. It's a two year rebuild after this year like the Jets did it. I think the Jets could sign DJ so that is potentially a problem...

4 minutes ago, WheatieMan said:

I have been imploring Giant fans to move on from the Gettleman era. Get rid of Jones and Barkley, or do a franchise trade up using Barkley if they can do that. You don't commit to this QB and you don't pay a RB like that with no other offense. Tank next year and get the QB in 24' latest. It's a two year rebuild after this year like the Jets did it. I think the Jets could sign DJ so that is potentially a problem...

In regards to Jones and Barkley, it comes down to contracts, but why would the Giants care if the Jets sign Jones?