Giant Tidbits: Random team discussion & rumors

y*so*blu

59 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Anyone else entirely on board with trading for Russell Wilson this offseason if he is available? I'd gladly trade our 2 first rounders for him, plus more.

No, our roster is trash. Build it up, then find a QB. Seahawks have a better roster than the Giants and are terrible.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Go_Giants said:

Hell no, he is 33, expensive and on the downside of his career. Not to mention we might have two top 10 picks. If DG is not the answer and no QB in this draft is the answer, trade one of them to get more draft capitol the year after.

33 is old for a RB... not a QB. He's also been a total stud in his career. Last season was the first time he's ever missed games. He'd be an instant impactful addition making us a contender. Look what adding Stafford has done for the Rams (they're the same age BTW). Now...do I want to give up both firsts... no. But a 1st and a player or a 1st with a package of picks I'd be totally on board with. Bring Pete Carroll along as well. Anything to get this team winning...this past decade has been brutal.

39 minutes ago, Acgott said:

No, our roster is trash. Build it up, then find a QB. Seahawks have a better roster than the Giants and are terrible.

Honestly the defense is decent, the WR corps is deep and talented (when healthy which is rare I know). Sure up the Oline and someone like RW could thrive here.

2 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

33 is old for a RB... not a QB. He's also been a total stud in his career. Last season was the first time he's ever missed games. He'd be an instant impactful addition making us a contender. Look what adding Stafford has done for the Rams (they're the same age BTW). Now...do I want to give up both firsts... no. But a 1st and a player or a 1st with a package of picks I'd be totally on board with. Bring Pete Carroll along as well. Anything to get this team winning...this past decade has been brutal.

As  Acgott said. Seattle has a better roster than us, other than running back everything they have offense is better than ours and they are just 3-8. 33 is not old but he is not in his prime or on the upside of his career. Last year was the first time he ever missed games, this year he missed games, odds are next year he is going to miss games.

If we are Washington or even Phily do I make a move like that, yes. Wilson on the WFT and they are a Superbowl contender. Russel on the Giants after giving up 2 first round picks, we will be the Vikings of the NFL, a contender but never truly a Superbowl threat. 

4 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Honestly the defense is decent, the WR corps is deep and talented (when healthy which is rare I know). Sure up the Oline and someone like RW could thrive here.

And how are we suring up the offensive line with trading away our 2 first round picks. It will be hard to do it during the draft, and given cap situation I am not sure we can afford Wilson, if some how could we are not fixing the oline through free agency.

I'm no Seattle expert and have only watched a haldful of their games this year but whatever is wrong over there it doesn't seem to be Wilson. Sure his yardage is down compared to career averages but he's rocking a 105 passer rating, 12/3 TD to INT, 65% comp, and a whopping 8.2 YPA.

their defense is worst in the league in YPG allowed..

12 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

we will be the Vikings of the NFL, a contender but never truly a Superbowl threat. 

Vikings are 62-44(1) since 2015... incuding 13-3, 11-5, and 10-6 seasons... if you could guarantee me Wilson would put us in that category... make the damn trade lol...

2 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Vikings are 62-44(1) since 2015... incuding 13-3, 11-5, and 10-6 seasons... if you could guarantee me Wilson would put us in that category... make the damn trade lol...

And what is the Viking post season success. You really want to be the Cowboys of this division. Good team but does next to nothing in the playoffs? 

11 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

And what is the Viking post season success. You really want to be the Cowboys of this division. Good team but does next to nothing in the playoffs?

Um.. yes I will gladly take being an annual playoff contender and having disappointment in the wild card/divisional round exits...then having the season over by week 10 every season...

Edited by Shockwave

Just now, Shockwave said:

Um.. yes I will gladly takebeing an annual playoff contender and having disappointment in the wild card/divisional round exits...then having the season over by week 10 every season...

Okay making the playoffs is your standard. Winning Super Bowls is mine.

We have won a Super Bowl in every decade for the last four decades. In the last 20 years only two organizations, the Patriots and Steelers can say they have done better us. No team in the NFC can say that. I have no problems suffering another year of rebuilding to build this team  right and we do that with these 2 first round draft picks. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Go_Giants said:

Okay making the playoffs is your standard. Winning Super Bowls is mine.

We have won a Super Bowl in every decade for the last four decades. In the last 20 years only two organizations, the Patriots and Steelers can say they have done better us. No team in the NFC can say that. I have no problems suffering another year of rebuilding to build this team  right and we do that with these 2 first round draft picks. 

Winning a SB is incredibly difficult. I've lived to see 4 in my life. Right now I just want a team that contends.. we are the worst team in the NFL since 2017...
https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/trends/win_trends/?range=yearly_since_2017

11 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Winning a SB is incredibly difficult. I've lived to see 4 in my life. Right now I just want a team that contends.. we are the worst team in the NFL since 2017...
https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/trends/win_trends/?range=yearly_since_2017

Yes it is difficult which why you have to build your team the right way to give yourself a chance of winning one. Like what the Pats and Steelers do. Getting Russel Wilson is putting a very expensive band aid on the problem. We will make the playoff maybe even win a round. This will prevent us from getting gaming changing top talent in the first round.

I prefer to build the team the right way by giving our QB any QB a chance to succeed by building up this oline. We have been a joke of  a franchise these last 9 years because of the oline. If we dedicate real draft capitol into fixing this oline, we will be a playoff team next year.

Edited by Go_Giants
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

Yes it is difficult which why you have to build your team the right way to give yourself a chance of winning one. Like what the Pats and Steelers do. Getting Russel Wilson is putting a very expensive band aid on the problem. We will make the playoff maybe even win a round. This will prevent us from getting gaming changing top talent in the first round.

I prefer to build the team the right way by giving our QB any QB a chance to succeed by building up this oline. We have been a joke of  a franchise these last 9 years because of the oline. If we dedicate real draft capitol into fixing this oline, we will be a playoff team next year.

Sure sure...and we brought in a GM who specializes in Oline.. who used a good amount of draft capital on Oline picks, signed a couple expensive Oline free agents, and here we sit today with 1 good lineman and we're still talking about rebuilding the Oline. But.. these two picks.. they'll be the difference makers! 🙄

1 minute ago, Shockwave said:

Sure sure...and we brought in a GM who specializes in Oline.. who used a good amount of draft capital on Oline picks, signed a couple expensive Oline free agents, and here we sit today with 1 good lineman and we're still talking about rebuilding the Oline. But.. these two picks.. they'll be the difference makers! 🙄

Gettleman is a horrible GM, I been against him sense he drafted Barkley while other here wanted to put him in the hall of fame.

No those two picks alone will not be the difference maker. Having 5 picks in the first three rounds will be the difference maker.

6 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

Gettleman is a horrible GM, I been against him sense he drafted Barkley while other here wanted to put him in the hall of fame.

No those two picks alone will not be the difference maker. Having 5 picks in the first three rounds will be the difference maker.

Great and if Gettlemen walks or is axed the likely candidate to take over is Kevin Abrams... his understudy and assistant GM. It'll be the same old same old making those 5 picks.