Giant Tidbits: Random team discussion & rumors

y*so*blu

40 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

If you don't have a QB, you have to keep swinging until you hit on one. If you want to wait until early round 2 to take one this year, I'm fine with that too.

The Jets have been doing that for decades. Even though we are becoming more and more like them lets not do what they do. If next year draft class sucks why spend even a 2nd round pick on one when that pick can be used to help improve the line.

If the 2023 QB draft class is supposed to be better than the 2022 QB draft class, get elite talent with one of our draft picks and trade back in the first round again to get another first round pick for the 2023 class. 

• Like 3

On 12/17/2021 at 12:57 PM, minutemancl said:

Again, if Joe Judge is still around after this year, remind me not to get excited about this team because I'll only be disappointed in September. Hell, I may not even watch next year if we keep him. 

I agree. We'll never get a good GM if Judge is part of the deal. I'm tired of half-assed rebuilds. We need a full-assed rebuild.

But hey, season ticket holders get free medium sodas! That makes it all better, right? 🤡

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Surprised I’m the only one that seems to be fine with Jones getting another year. And I’m not even a huge fan of his, 

I am for Jones getting one more year and I believe others here are as well. I am not for extending the 5th year option.  If he can't prove he is the man next season, then he is not worth an automatic 23 millions against our cap. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

Surprised I’m the only one that seems to be fine with Jones getting another year. And I’m not even a huge fan of his, 

I'm fine giving Jones another year.  I'd rather him play another year than opting to draft a quarterback with one of our early round picks.  This coming from someone that said it was a mistake to draft him 6th overall.  

Sadly, the offensive line and other issues have really kept them from giving him a fair and honest look at what his true potential is.  

• Like 1

On 12/17/2021 at 1:51 AM, ny92mike said:

What is Adoree' Jackson doing this year?  I haven't heard his name mentioned all season and his stats aren't too impressive.

Is he another Dave Gettleman mistake?

Typically when people mention corners is because they gave up a big play 

@ Philly
@ Bears
Vs WFT

Guess the Chicago game in a way doesn't matter. Whatever the results it effects one of the picks. I think they drop 2 of the final 3.

Don't think they can hop the Jets or Houston looking at their final 3 games. Jets probably going to beat Jacksonville then drop their 2 final games. So as of now looks like the 5th and 6th pick are pretty much safe bets. Of course they'll probably go ahead and win out end up with the 6th and 9th

32 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

@ Philly
@ Bears
Vs WFT

Guess the Chicago game in a way doesn't matter. Whatever the results it effects one of the picks. I think they drop 2 of the final 3.

Don't think they can hop the Jets or Houston looking at their final 3 games. Jets probably going to beat Jacksonville then drop their 2 final games. So as of now looks like the 5th and 6th pick are pretty much safe bets. Of course they'll probably go ahead and win out end up with the 6th and 9th

5th and 6th would mean we get our pick of the litter minus 4. Is that a good spot?

The arguably elite talents in this draft are Evan Neal, Kyle Hamilton, Derek Stingley, Aidan Hutchinson, Tyler Linderbaum, and Kayvon Thibodeux, at least in my opinion. That's 6, which means we are in a position to take the 2 left at 5 and 6. That would probably be Linderbaum and one of Stingley/Hamilton. I'd be pretty ok with that, although I wouldn't mind a QB instead of one of the DBs.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

Sad. Probably the last time we’ll see him in a Giants uniform. He’s been so unfortunate in like every conceivable way. 

Can't find any injury statistics to back this up... I could have sworn one of the stat sites did a "starts lost to injury" sort of metric?.. but I can't find it. Anyway doesn't it seem like since the new stadium was built they've consistently been one of the most injured teams in the league year after year? Other teams have complained about the turf as well. One would think Mara would do something to address it..?

3 hours ago, minutemancl said:

5th and 6th would mean we get our pick of the litter minus 4. Is that a good spot?

The arguably elite talents in this draft are Evan Neal, Kyle Hamilton, Derek Stingley, Aidan Hutchinson, Tyler Linderbaum, and Kayvon Thibodeux, at least in my opinion. That's 6, which means we are in a position to take the 2 left at 5 and 6. That would probably be Linderbaum and one of Stingley/Hamilton. I'd be pretty ok with that, although I wouldn't mind a QB instead of one of the DBs.

If those two picks don’t consist a defensive lineman and offensive lineman, can we just burn MetLife down?