Giant Tidbits: Random team discussion & rumors

y*so*blu

19 hours ago, GMENNATION said:

Philly has been quietly playing better. You definitely can't pencil in the two games against them as Ws.

Ya Philly has been playing exceptional. If their oline was healthy from end to end we will have a ton of trouble with them. Alot of injuries have gone on this passed weekend to alot of guys on teams. If we can manage to get healthy for this last half of the season, we have an outside shot at a wild card bid. 

8 hours ago, w4rrior723 said:

I hate knee jerk reactions, and I know it's the Superbowl champs. But based on what I've seen from the direction of this team for the last two years I'd be totally okay with them blowing it all up.

Now that they're all but eliminated from the playoffs they'll go ahead and win a few of these meaningless games down the stretch just enough to give Mara that warm and fuzzy false hope. Just enough to ruin that top 5 pick. Right now they stand to pick 5th and 7th. It'll end up being 7th and 9th or so by the end. Mara will think hmmn maybe if I keep it all together..two top 10 draft picks... give Dave one more draft class...next year will be the year.

On 11/23/2021 at 7:07 AM, Shockwave said:

Now that they're all but eliminated from the playoffs they'll go ahead and win a few of these meaningless games down the stretch just enough to give Mara that warm and fuzzy false hope. Just enough to ruin that top 5 pick. Right now they stand to pick 5th and 7th. It'll end up being 7th and 9th or so by the end. Mara will think hmmn maybe if I keep it all together..two top 10 draft picks... give Dave one more draft class...next year will be the year.

Whatcha mean. Next seasons finally the year they turn it around /sarcasm

• Like 2

I’ve been a DG apologist for too long. This **** is a joke. Instead of spending huge money on Andrew Norwell who’s been attributed to 8 Sacks since he signed his new deal (average 2 sacks a year). Hernandez has 4 this year. Shane had 5 last year. He instead gave oft injured Solder more per year. Solder played pretty well prior to injuries but we gambled huge on him, and it failed. Then we let Justin Pugh walk without so much as a call from us to try and retain him. Justin Pugh has been better than Norwell since 2018. We could’ve just resigned Pugh for 20m less than Solder, and drafted McGlinchey and Nick Chubb if we wanted to be a run first team. 

he then took Barkley over Quenton Nelson, Denzel Ward, Bradley Chubb, Frank Ragnow, Josh Allen, Jairie Alexander and Mike McGlinchey amongst others. (A few of those others have made Pro Bowls) 

He took Hernandez over Nick Chubb, Braden Smith, Darius Leonard, and I’m not even finishing that list cause it keeps making me upset. 

2018 was the draft class we needed to hit our first two picks on. We instead finished with an offensive engine who is always on the sideline and maybe a back up on a decent team. 

I’m sick. 

Edited by YogiBiz
  • Like 2

Massive changes i truly believe will be coming this offseason. Its not like the giants to fire a coach during the season. Thats a new concept for them. They are usually insane type patient. So this was new. But i truly see another coach or 2 getting canned after this year. U ask me Patrick Graham needs to go. Im tired of hearing we came close to sacking the quarterback... u have to finish. Simple as that. And u have to play ur defense to their strengthes. Judge is on very thin ice as well. He may have made a move on Garrett but that is only gonna buy him so much time for his own fails. Well see what happens in 7 weeks. Oh and Daniel Jones knows hes on borrowed time now. 

On 11/26/2021 at 11:00 AM, Giants4eva said:

Massive changes i truly believe will be coming this offseason. Its not like the giants to fire a coach during the season. Thats a new concept for them. They are usually insane type patient. So this was new. But i truly see another coach or 2 getting canned after this year. U ask me Patrick Graham needs to go. Im tired of hearing we came close to sacking the quarterback... u have to finish. Simple as that. And u have to play ur defense to their strengthes. Judge is on very thin ice as well. He may have made a move on Garrett but that is only gonna buy him so much time for his own fails. Well see what happens in 7 weeks. Oh and Daniel Jones knows hes on borrowed time now. 

I agree they need to get pressure but I think that's more a personnel issue than a DC issue. They are a top 10 defense in several categories and probably middle of the road overall. Perhaps their most impressive stat is being 6th in the league in Passer Rating against. 

I also don't think Judge is gone after the year. Perhaps it's an apologist mindset but I still think he's getting killed from factors before he got here personnel-wise. Those early season losses to WFT and ATL - IMHO - are a result if the talent not being quite there. Coaching can keep you in games but they can't overcome all those deficits.

He has had his issues but he's also made some improvements. For example, his clock management is noticeably better than early in the season. 

Looking at the two drafts since he's been around, the returns look much stronger. Last year they hit on Andrew Thomas, Xavier McKinney, maybe Darnay Holmes, jury still out on Lemieux, Cam Brown (a hit based on his ST value as a 6th rounder) and Tae Crowder. Jury is still out on Carter Coughlin, though he looks more like a miss than a hit at this point.

This year is obviously very early but Toney, Ojulari and Robinson look like at least contributors if not impact player potential. The rest of the 3 are far too early to judge but Rodarius was turning heads early as a late round pick and Brightwell has at minimum been a key ST guy. 

If they have another 1-2 years of drafts like this with Judge's influence, this roster looks different. Right now he's being hurt by the DeAndre Baker, Ximines, Saquon, Will Hernandez, Lorenzo Carter, Evan Engram misses.

So god willing the Giants follow through with firing Dave.

I read somewhere that we would be neg. 10 million going into the off season but both OTC and Spotrac have us around 4 million.

I just keep looking at our projected roster at the end of this season.

Our depth on the line is terrible.

• Tackle
    • Andrew Thomas
    • Matt Peart
    • Nate Solder
  • Guard
    • Shane Lemieux
    • Wes Martin
    • Ben Bredeson
  • Center
    • Nick Gates

I bring this up because after watching the Philly game, yeah we won but that line was horrible.  Everything right of LT was a turnstile.

This new GM is going to have their work cut out for them.  All these restructures is going to make it difficult to create cap space.  The owners need a slap for allowing this to take place for so long.

Adam Devine Hbo GIF by The Righteous Gemstones

Honestly if this GM isn't fired...haha.  Absolute joke what he's done to this team, should have fired him after his first season.  I don't even want to know how much this man has made off this team over the years.  We should ask for it back, I know that!...lol.

To free up any real money names like James Bradberry, Logan Ryan, Sterling Shepard or Blake Martinez would need to be released.  I'd be ok with releasing Logan and Shepard.  However, those two aren't saving a bunch just a hair over 5 million is all.

Dave has really done a number with this team.  Giants should make a statement and fire him early if you ask me.

7 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Anyone else entirely on board with trading for Russell Wilson this offseason if he is available? I'd gladly trade our 2 first rounders for him, plus more.

Hell no, he is 33, expensive and on the downside of his career. Not to mention we might have two top 10 picks. If DG is not the answer and no QB in this draft is the answer, trade one of them to get more draft capitol the year after.