Giant Tidbits: Random team discussion & rumors

y*so*blu

On 9/23/2021 at 12:12 AM, ny92mike said:

Does anyone know if we signed another guard.  Lot of banged up players and haven't heard much.

We signed Cole Banwart to the practice squad after Matt Skura was promoted to the active roster. Also worked out Mike Horton and Corbin Kaufusi.

Latest news on Toney:

Kadarius Toney has played 24 snaps and has two receptions for -2 yards so far this season for the New York Giants. When will the Giants’ first-round pick get more time and touches?

When he earns them.

That, in a nutshell, was offensive coordinator Jason Garrett’s answer in regards to the Toney topic on Thursday.

Toney has had a befuddling start to his Giants’ career. He skipped voluntary OTAs, which rookies almost never do. He started training camp on the Reserve/COVID-19 list. When he came off that he almost immediately injured a hamstring and missed nearly all of training camp and the preseason.

Garrett was pretty straightforward in expressing the Giants’ belief that Toney isn’t yet ready for prime time.

“Kadarius hasn’t played a lot of football for us, yet. He missed the spring. He missed most of training camp. He practiced about three days before the season started, so he’s a young player who’s learning,” Garrett said.

6 hours ago, Giants4eva said:

i dont know, after reading that apology he sent out about how he messed up, i dont think its smart to write this kid off yet. 

I'll admit I was impressed by the apology. He's only 22, so lots of room to grow and improve.

Hope he can help us because we need it as much as any team in the league.

10 hours ago, Giants4eva said:

i dont know, after reading that apology he sent out about how he messed up, i dont think its smart to write this kid off yet. 

Perhaps, I hope you're right... I just feel like this GM is chasing first rounders that haven't worked out.  

Was drafted last year at 29th overall, released four snaps later for violating team rules among other things. 

The Titans then traded him to the Dolphins for a seventh-round pick in March. But Miami waived him days later after he reportedly was late to his physical, a meeting, and a pair of workouts at the team facility.

It's a practice squad signing so regardless it won't hurt if he doesn't work out, just shows desperation by us is all.  Sorry bro I'm in "hate on dave" mode.

2 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

Sure.

Thanks man.

The one thing that stood out to me in his post is that he forgives the ones that left his side.  As if those that left him was in the wrong.  Not really even sure I would call this an apology.  Can't say I'm sold but I thought Drew Lock was going to be an amazing QB, so what do I know...haha.

4 hours ago, Giants4eva said:

Rashawn Slater was sitting right there. Top OT in the draft. I watched a Chargers game and he looks every bit as advertised. 

Personally I would rather have Parsons at this rate, but both he and Slater didn’t play football last year. A big risk in itself, with an extra first round pick staring at us. It looks much worse now, because Toney has been trash in the first 3 games along with the rest of the team.

But, if we are going to fail, let’s fail big. It’s been a terrible 8 years for us, but with hopefully 2 top 10 picks (maybe top 5), it be a good opportunity for our new GM,