Jump to content

Giant Tidbits: Random team discussion & rumors


Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, Acgott said:

Really? I didn’t realize I was saying much if anything outside of the comment about Benjamin and posting news.

Could be I'm just taking the sum total of all the Giant fans on here and projecting on you perhaps lol

Still love you though. Sorry I insulted you. 🥰

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shockwave said:

Could be I'm just taking the sum total of all the Giant fans on here and projecting on you perhaps lol

Still love you though. Sorry I insulted you. 🥰

All good my friend! We all want our team to succeed!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shockwave said:

I'd say it's what pragmatists do. Homers blindly support their team regardless of results or statistical facts. Realists want to see some success before they go in defense mode.

You do know fan is short for fanatic? However if you need the team to go 10-7 before you can support this coaching staff, I guess to each their own.

 

1 hour ago, Shockwave said:

The "Patriot Way" has not worked anywhere outside of NE. Macadoo went 11-5 and made the playoffs with a soft approach and his ridiculous restaurant menu sized playcalling sheets... 

The Patriot Way is working for Miami.   You do remember how Macadoo's soft approach went the season after making the playoffs

 

2 hours ago, Shockwave said:

What has Judge done to earn your unbridled support? He went 6-10 in a year when the entire division was garbage. His offense scored a paltry 280 points 2nd lowest to only the other NY team.

He has done many things, coming in I felt we had the least amount of talent in the NFC East and Judge had us at 4-2 against them, and we were one Engram dropped pass from going 5-1 and 1st place in this division. All with out Saquon. 

I love that he did not care about Jason Garret feelings, he did not care about Columbo feelings, when he saw the offensive line was being coached wrong, he coached them himself and he coached them up. 

I love the effect that he has had on Dave Gettleman, in these last two season under Judge, Gettleman has done his best work. 

I love the culture of toughness and accountability he has brought back to the Giants.

 

2 hours ago, Shockwave said:

And if it dissuades big splash free agents from signing here?

Did it dissuade Kenny Golladay the #1 Free agent in the offseason from signing with us.

2 hours ago, Shockwave said:

If our own drafted players refuse to sign a second contract because they don't want to deal with the hard nose approach?

I have not heard of any player refusing to resign here because of Judge, they were simply offered more money than we were going to pay them. 

2 hours ago, Shockwave said:

Can you name ANYONE other then BB that this approach has worked for in the last decade?

Mike Vrabel and his Patriot Way.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@Go_Giants not going to continue to quote tree.

Let's pump the brakes on Flores. Yes he had a nice 2020 season. But his overall win % as a HC is .469. And he's not taking the BB approach to his coaching style like JJ is.

Vrabel as I previously mentioned. Was never a coach under BB. Defensive captain, on field playcaller sure. But never a direct understudy report to BB. He's coming from an angle as a player and has produced a nice 3 season stretch.

- We threw a whole lot of $ at Golladay to sign. They paid above market value for him
- It's only been one season so yea.. probably haven't had many recent draft picks come up for a 2nd contract yet
 

Why yes.. I do need this team to go 10-7 for me to buy into this coaching staff... results...you know...matter?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't understand why players sign contracts only to retire a few weeks later.  Thought we made a solid move in signing Joe Looney only to hear him retire.

Thoughts on what the Giants are considering to do with Gates?  I still believe he'd be better suited at LG and the team finding a heavier power run type center to start.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

I don't understand why players sign contracts only to retire a few weeks later.  Thought we made a solid move in signing Joe Looney only to hear him retire.

Thoughts on what the Giants are considering to do with Gates?  I still believe he'd be better suited at LG and the team finding a heavier power run type center to start.

 

Some times you want to test the waters, and it’s not a fit. It’s the same if a person starts a new job, but decides it’s not for them a month later.

I don’t think the Giants are considering anything at C. Gates is starting there this year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Shockwave said:

He probably put it better but Irvin is saying what I have been saying.  Judged changed the culture of this team.  Every single Giant is focused on doing what ever it takes (within the rules) to win.  If your not on board to put in the physical and mental work to get better in order to win, then leave. 

Yes of course winning solidifies things and makes it better it always does. If they were going to quit on Judge they would have done it in the first half of last year when they went 1-7. They didn't, they fought in every game and turned things around in the second half to go 5-3. That determination is going to carry over into this season.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Acgott said:

Some times you want to test the waters, and it’s not a fit. It’s the same if a person starts a new job, but decides it’s not for them a month later.

I don’t think the Giants are considering anything at C. Gates is starting there this year.

I get that if it's a new job, but I'm so out of the loop, when I posted that I was thinking he was a young player, which isn't the case at all.  His retiring the way he did makes more sense as he could have simply bitten off more than he could chew.

As for center, I agree with you that Gates is the starter but he just hasn't sold me.  I think he's a solid player just feel he got pushed around a little due to his size, I love that he's able to do what he does at the position, just believe he'd be better suited at LG because he's so good at pulling and getting to the second level.  Regardless, I'm excited to see this offensive line in these upcoming preseason games.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Go_Giants said:

He probably put it better but Irvin is saying what I have been saying.  Judged changed the culture of this team.  Every single Giant is focused on doing what ever it takes (within the rules) to win.  If your not on board to put in the physical and mental work to get better in order to win, then leave. 

Yes of course winning solidifies things and makes it better it always does. If they were going to quit on Judge they would have done it in the first half of last year when they went 1-7. They didn't, they fought in every game and turned things around in the second half to go 5-3. That determination is going to carry over into this season.

Yes all fine and dandy. Now show me results. Til then it's all speculation.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...