Giant Tidbits: Random team discussion & rumors

y*so*blu

If there's anything good to take away from the game, it's that Toney has proven himself as a 1st-round receiver. 10 catches for 189 yards from two QBs, and he would have had more if not for the ejection. 

I respect his passion. And while I understand the desire to punch a Dallas Cowboy, you still can't do it. Apology accepted.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Shockwave said:

It just kills me when by week 6 for the last 5 years or so our season is over. Entire offense is inured, Defense is regressing. Staring down a complete regime change again.. reminds me so much of the early 90's Giants. 

Idk if a complete regime change will happen unless that absolutely adore a coaching prospect. My hope is Judge and Graham will be back again and Garrett is the one that is axed. 

To be Frank, I haven’t really been sold this year by Judge so if we can find a replacement it should be fine. 

54 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

Hey everyone! Rams fan living in jersey here. I was hoping someone could tell me where the tunnel is that the away team comes out of? I was hoping to get some tickets close to there but wasn’t sure which tunnel they use. 

The tunnel under 123 I think. 

On 10/12/2021 at 9:47 AM, YogiBiz said:

Idk if a complete regime change will happen unless that absolutely adore a coaching prospect. My hope is Judge and Graham will be back again and Garrett is the one that is axed. 

To be Frank, I haven’t really been sold this year by Judge so if we can find a replacement it should be fine. 

Which just leaves another GM to have a coach that he didn’t choose. 

• Like 1

Sterling Shepard's rivalry with the turf monster is getting almost as bad as Evan Engram's hands. Over the last season and a half it's is unbelievable how often he slips and falls out of nowhere and it kills drives. 

One of DJ's INTs last week was a pure Shepard slip. There's other situations where he catches the ball, has green in front of him and slips. It's so frustrating because he's a likable guy and he does have some twitch left in him, he does get open pretty consistently but he just can't make the most of his opportunities. 

• Like 1

When fans criticize the team it's one thing; when former players come out and say the same things, it's another. Amani Toomer pulled no punches about the state of the franchise on a recent podcast appearance:

“They don’t look like a team that belongs on the field,” Toomer said. “It’s almost like they were playing Alabama. It’s really sad to see the state of the Giants right now.

“I dig into the body language, right,” Toomer said. “Are they excited, are they edged up? They didn’t seem that way to me. It’s easy for me to say but the amount of points they got beat by [the Rams] didn’t look like they were excited.”

These are the same things we found so infuriating about last week's game. And you can't use injuries as an excuse because every team is dealing with those, including the 5-1 Ravens.

The oddsmakers in Vegas seem to agree for whatever that's worth; the Giants are 2.5 point underdogs at home against the Panthers, who have not won a game this month.

Edited by y*so*blu

When I read all the comments on here saying to get rid of DJ after the Rams game, I was surprised. Regardless of the stats, he has objectively put this team on his back and played very well all but 2 games this season. He has constantly made plays, put his teammates in position to make plays, fixed his turnover issue, and most importantly - displayed immense physical and mental toughness. Clearly is the leader of this team and the guys rally around him. I'm not inherently a DJ fan, but as of right now he has earned his job a Franchise QBOTF for NYG.  Unless he regresses as this season continues, this is his team for the foreseeable future.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, w4rrior723 said:

When I read all the comments on here saying to get rid of DJ after the Rams game, I was surprised. Regardless of the stats, he has objectively put this team on his back and played very well all but 2 games this season. He has constantly made plays, put his teammates in position to make plays, fixed his turnover issue, and most importantly - displayed immense physical and mental toughness. Clearly is the leader of this team and the guys rally around him. I'm not inherently a DJ fan, but as of right now he has earned his job a Franchise QBOTF for NYG.  Unless he regresses as this season continues, this is his team for the foreseeable future.

Cant really argue with that assessment. He has undeniably made strides this season in a bunch of areas. For me the fact he has shown he can put this team on his back and will them forward is the biggest thing i would ask for a QB. Im pretty sure now we wont be looking at a quarterback in rd 1 next draft. He's earned my respect. 

Hard to believe this thread's already a year old! But, what a difference a year makes. In 2020 Daniel Jones went viral for tripping over his own feet on the way to the endzone; now he's gone viral for making the greatest catch ever by a quarterback.

Also, we've learned that he's tough as nails and one of the most underrated athletes in the league. Still some wrinkles to iron out, but clearly he's working his butt off to be our franchise guy. I respect that.

16 hours ago, y*so*blu said:

Also, we've learned that he's tough as nails and one of the most underrated athletes in the league. Still some wrinkles to iron out, but clearly he's working his butt off to be our franchise guy. I respect that.

He's shown me enough to warrant an extension. There's QBs in this league that entirely change the outlook of a franchise by being there and he is not that but the dude is tough as nails and easy to root for. Sign me up.

On Jabrill Peppers, I feel so bad for the guy. He's done nothing but give everything he had to this team through some of the darkest days. He's been a vocal/emotional leader and played far better than many expected when we acquired him. Now he gets hurt late enough into the year that I honestly don't know if there will even be a market for him. Selfishly, maybe he comes back to NYG on a short-term deal to rebuild his stock but man, just brutal.

• Like 1

What's the deal with all the injuries?  From what I'm seeing it's not just the Giants that are dealing with what seems like an increase from previous years.  Makes me wonder if there is a correlation with the reduced number of preseason games as well as limited practices.

I read somewhere that one of our players was lobbying for our stadium to return to a grass field.

Our current IR according to Spotrac shows 16 players.

• 5 OL
  • 4 DB
  • 4 OLB/ILB
  • 3 TE/WR

Players on IR

• Andrew Thomas, LT
  • Jabrill Peppers, S
  • Blake Martinez, ILB
  • Nick Gates, C
  • Levine Toilolo, TE
  • Shane Lemieux, OG
  • Elerson Smith, DE/OLB