The Pats QB situation

Apparition

Honestly, between the 3 QBs that we "might" have a shot with (Fields, Lance, Jones) i'd happily take any of them. They all have strengths and weaknesses but with our gold standard coaching and rookie-friendly offense we've managed to assemble in FA I think we'd give any of those guys the best chance of flourishing.

• Like 1

On 3/19/2021 at 10:04 AM, DoleINGout said:

If I had to guess, I would say the Pats ideally want to have a way of trading up for Justin Fields. But I think they are comfortable with taking a QB anywhere inside the first two rounds.

18 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

I think Fields is the target in a trade up.

If Fields doesn't make it past Atlanta, or I should say if there is any other QB I think the Pats take at 15 it is Kyle Trask. I doubt he will be gone before Mac Jones or Trey Lance, but if he is, then those two would be next in line I assume should they stay on the QB position in the first two rounds.

What do you know

1 hour ago, DoleINGout said:

What do you know

Ya I read total BS on twitter. This is the creation of Curran and Perry. The same, throw it against the wall garbage.  There's not a Sports writer on moon, Mars or earth that knows what the Pats are doing in the draft. The only reason to read this is for entertainment, just like the Inquirer.

1 minute ago, m haynes said:

Ya I read total BS on twitter. This is the creation of Curran and Perry. The same, throw it against the wall garbage.  There's not a Sports writer on moon, Mars or earth that knows what the Pats are doing in the draft. The only reason to read this is for entertainment, just like the Inquirer.

This is from Daniel Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks.

17 hours ago, SBLIII said:

trask is a 5th round talent, lol

That's total BS!!!!!!!!!  He's going in the 4th RD at 144😁😁

No seriously he's not getting out of the 2nd RD, no later than 3rd.  IMO the Steelers would be nuts no to take him. They have nothing but Ben and he's old as dirt and  horrible.

IMO Trask is a good choice for a team with a heavy run game and play action.

ADDED   Also if he's there in the 4th RD if I was BB i would draft him, even if they took one in the 1st/2nd RD.

I don't listen to SW. This kid has skills, Some act like he's never seen a football!!!!

If he shows promise in preseason, he just becomes a high draft trade chip!! Thank You Kirk Cousins and Matt Hassslebeck !!!

Edited by m haynes

45 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

This is from Daniel Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks.

Same thing applies. They don't know crap. I get a laugh when people say DJ " he knows" because he was a PRO SCOUT! my answer, who give a crap. For all we know he stunk at his job. Half the crap he says i shake my head. IMO he's an idiot. He think Lance " He reminds me of: Andrew Luck " Are you frigging kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.nfl.com/news/scouting-trey-lance-north-dakota-state-qb-similar-to-andrew-luck

PS You want to know who's the head scout for the Celtics. DA's son !!!!!!!!!!!

Daniel Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks.  They are just going on internet crap that most likely starting with Boston SW.

1 hour ago, m haynes said:

Same thing applies. They don't know crap. I get a laugh when people say DJ " he knows" because he was a PRO SCOUT! my answer, who give a crap. For all we know he stunk at his job. Half the crap he says i shake my head. IMO he's an idiot. He think Lance " He reminds me of: Andrew Luck " Are you frigging kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.nfl.com/news/scouting-trey-lance-north-dakota-state-qb-similar-to-andrew-luck

PS You want to know who's the head scout for the Celtics. DA's son !!!!!!!!!!!

Daniel Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks.  They are just going on internet crap that most likely starting with Boston SW.

It's not their opinion. They are relaying what they are hearing. They are more connected than just any random local talking head in the media.

4 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

They are relaying what they are hearing.

Dole if there is one team in the NFL that lets that type of information out if for only 2 reasons.

1. They are lying through their teeth

2. They are the dumbest team in the NFL. Hey, Bucky (or anybody) we are in talks with the Pats they want Fields. Bucky, How do you know?  BB told me he wants our pick to get Fields. That not plausible.

BB would never give out any information what he's doing in the draft.

Edited by m haynes