Apparition

A trade up is totally in the cards but I agree not guaranteed

The top needs on this team imo are: 

- QB

- C

- OT

- CB

- LB

All of those positions have a LOT of uncertainty after this season. It would make sense to get ahead of them in the draft so players aren't needed to start day 1. Center I assume someone gets brought in so a rookie isn't forced to start. If it's not QB then I think BB will have a hard time trading out of Horn / Collins.. they both just seem like great players for this team. 

QB is tough, is a 2nd rounder going to be good enough to start next season? Simms loves Mond, others loved Trask, but does BB see them as the answer for the next decade? We won't find out till draft day / if he does a trade for a player. 

• Like 1

Just listen to Zo (radio) and he feels that the Pats are set up to play like Browns and Titans based on whats happened. I'm starting ti agree.  He feels that the Pats WILL not take a QB at 15 and I'm starting to lean that way as well.

IMO at this time😁 the Pats target is Kellon Mond. I just have a feeling that the Pats will take Kwity Paye or JC Horn than Mond with the 2nd RD pick. I wouldn't be shock if they trade back in the 1st to get him for 5 yrs. and to make sure they get him.

Here are some of my thoughts why and other scenarios. 

• The Pats take Mond with the 15th pick.  BB says FU I taking my guy!!!
  • Field, Lance and Mond have the same skill set , however Mond doesn't cost you the 15th pick.
  • The Pats target Fields if they trade up.
  • Pats pass on Lance if he at 15. BB take Paye. I getting the feeling that's BB player. Dam he'd would look good in a Pats uniform.
  • Payne and Horn are gone they trade down for Collins. Again pick Mond.
  • Last I'm crying after BB picks Paye while Jones is still on the board!!!🤢

10 minutes ago, m haynes said:

Just listen to Zo (radio) and he feels that the Pats are set up to play like Browns and Titans based on whats happened. I'm starting to agree.  He feels that the Pats WILL not take a QB at 15 and I'm starting to lean that way as well.

IMO at this time😁 the Pats target is Kellon Mond. I just have a feeling that the Pats will take Kwity Paye or JC Horn than Mond with the 2nd RD pick. I wouldn't be shock if they trade back in the 1st to get him for 5 yrs. and to make sure they get him.

Here are some of my thoughts why and other scenarios. 

• The Pats take Mond with the 15th pick.  BB says FU I taking my guy!!!
  • Field, Lance and Mond have the same skill set , however Mond doesn't cost you the 15th pick.
  • The Pats target Fields if they trade up.
  • Pats pass on Lance if he at 15. BB take Paye. I'm getting the feeling that's BB player. Dam he'd would look good in a Pats uniform.
  • Payne and Horn are gone they trade down for Collins. Again pick Mond.
  • Last I'm crying after BB picks Paye while Jones is still on the board!!!🤢

Shoot sorry put wrong box Know the hairs on the back of your neck well I have that feeling about Mond since last year. I don't want someone and we get him. It happens so many times!!!! I had it with T Buck Jones, Merriweather, J Richards and Natt and D Easley.

Edited by m haynes

No matter the QB I still like Cam as a change of pace type guy ... so his 1yr deal could have him playing no matter what. 

Mond could be a target, my guy M could still be a target.. or he could be planning to make a run at Watson. 

I would LOVE Horn at 15 then trading Gilmore for a 2nd rounder and resigning JC Jackson with all the money we've still got to make it work. 

20 minutes ago, m haynes said:

I thought Crimm would like this

You know it, i'm one step closer hahaha (Minshew+Mond) the dreammm

My non Watson realistic dream scenario to end the offseason would be: 

- Harry traded for Minshew

- Curtis Samuel can't find a top dollar deal so signs with Pats because they are the only people left with money

- Horn drafted at 15

- Gilmore traded for 2nd rounder

- Jackson signed and Pats receive 2nd rounder .. which turns into Asante Samuel JR

- Mond drafted with last 2nd rounder

Edited by Crimmage
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Crimmage said:

You know it, i'm one step closer hahaha (Minshew+Mond) the dreammm

My non Watson realistic dream scenario to end the offseason would be: 

- Harry traded for Minshew

- Curtis Samuel can't find a top dollar deal so signs with Pats because they are the only people left with money

- Horn drafted at 15

- Gilmore traded for 2nd rounder

- Jackson signed and Pats receive 2nd rounder .. which turns into Asante Samuel JR

- Mond drafted with last 2nd rounder

I like Mond as a 2nd rounder. I do think he is better than given credit for.

I'm a Jones guy.  IMO he's going to flourish in the NFL. Unfortunately its will not be with the Pats.  I would love @Crimmage scenario (Trade for Minu) as well but he also can only dream.

I changed my top pick for 15, it's JC Horn .  IMO he's the #1 target at 15.

Checked both players yesterday JC is now my guy.  He dynamic. WOW.

Also, you know how a 1st RD is 50/50 to make it in the NFL. Well if Horn doesn't make it at CB, he will be another  McCourty with Rodneys toughness😁.

He will be the face and leader of the defense.

PS I still don't get the @  sign. 🥵

Edited by m haynes

On 3/17/2021 at 9:57 AM, DoleINGout said:

If we end up with three second rounds picks that result in Baron Browning, Creed Humphrey/Josh Myers, and Kyle Trask/Kellen Mond then I am fine with it. It is when they start over-drafting Division II guys and the Tavon Wilson/Jordan Richards/Kevin O'Connell/Taylor Price/Derek Rivers/Dalton Keene's of the world that I get pissed.

Just barfed in my mouth thinking about Kyle Trask or Kellen Mond.

I really hope they trade up to get a top QB.

The more film I watch of Minshew, the more convinced I am that any of y'all pounding the table for him are trolling. Dude has the arm of Chad Pennington post-injuries. I can't imagine him succeeding in anything other than a very warm climate or a dome. 

36 minutes ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

Just barfed in my mouth thinking about Kyle Trask or Kellen Mond.

I really hope they trade up to get a top QB.

I'm not a major fan of any of the QB's but so I feel kind of indifferent about trading up versus settling for a guy later in the first or second at that position.