The Pats QB situation

Apparition

2 minutes ago, Starless said:

I do. I've walked it. It'll help you get laid but there's not a force in the universe powerful enough to get a dude to walk away from money on the table. 

Tbf you're talking about a guy who got the greatest athlete in sports history (if not greatest human being period) to play for a Chad Pennington money for 20 years

Just now, mission27 said:

Tbf you're talking about a guy who got the greatest athlete in sports history (if not greatest human being period) to play for a Chad Pennington money for 20 years

What does Mac's girlfriend (wife?) do for a living?

3 hours ago, Starless said:

not great.

Might not be a dealbreaker, but I think this will make teams much more hesitant to pull the trigger in the top-10 on this guy. Denver probably took him off their board entirely.

Your kidding right!!!   If any GM made a decision on a player based on his Pro-day is a moron and should be fired and never work in the NFL again.

" Quarterback Dwayne Haskins received rave reviews "

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/Ohio-State-Buckeyes-Pro-Day-football-2019-NFL-Draft-Dwayne-Haskins-Nick-Bosa-130384620/#130384620_1

30 minutes ago, m haynes said:

Your kidding right!!!   If any GM made a decision on a player based on his Pro-day is a moron and should be fired and never work in the NFL again.

" Quarterback Dwayne Haskins received rave reviews "

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/Ohio-State-Buckeyes-Pro-Day-football-2019-NFL-Draft-Dwayne-Haskins-Nick-Bosa-130384620/#130384620_1

Read my comment again. I never suggested this would be make-or-break, but there's a chance it would cause his value to drop to certain teams.

I still would be 100% fine taking him at 15.

13 hours ago, m haynes said:

Might not be a dealbreaker, but I think this will make teams much more hesitant to pull the trigger in the top-10 on this guy. Denver probably took him off their board entirely.

This is what I read.  My comment hit the mark head on.  i don't care where the player is in the draft. There is only one thing you can learn at these events and that personality direct connection with the coach. Your one on one. Everything else should be done before you walk in the building, if its not and I was an owner I would fire the GM.

EX SF HC look and BB shaking his head. Media, Twitter spin it Jones bad coaches shocked, and disappointed. Give a frigging break.

So SF walking out saying they blew it, we should never traded, oh well, FIRED!!!!

EX  Media guy asked who would you take at 3. Answer,  Fields, did you (compared to Jones) see his Pro Day. He has a cannon and he ran a 4.4.  You can coach him up on other things but you coach physical gifts.   Really, FIRED!!!!!!!!!

Edited by m haynes

Here's just a few of the QBs of the past with physical gifts.

GM fired, his last words walking out the door. " I thought we could coach him up!!!!

•  Heath Shuler
  • Geno Smith
  •  Rick Mirer
  • J.P. Losman
  •  Jake Locker
  •  EJ Manuel
  • Blaine Gabbert
  •  Robert Griffin III
  • Blake Borttles

Andre Ware  --- Now, my favorite comparison to Fields.

Kyle Boller ----  I love this one, we traded the (15/16) pick to them. ESPN showed him every night throwing from his knees at the 50 through the GP!!!!!!!

Edited by m haynes

On 3/30/2021 at 10:48 AM, ToonPatriot said:

It's nowhere near as big an upgrade as you're making out

I've not made it as big an upgrade as you're making out. I even said I wouldn't do it and the contract/injury situation is prohibitive. 

He's better than Cam, but he's still not the answer (said that too...)